Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isnt this place owned by a beyonder
    I doubt he's the one that dealt with the plug though. Find the tech's dad

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Yeah, this specific location is a beyonder owned one.
    It's in the parking lot of his Chinese restaurant. Oil is oil.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Porsche quoted me 655$ for an oil change recently... I feel like that is a semi-strong reason, haha

Also dealerships are hit and miss anyway.

There is a Jiffy Lube near me and the guys that work there are like oil guru's... I've never met workers that knew so much about oil as the people at this place
    Welcome to p car club
    Just pay the bill lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    V8s

There isn't any real evidence that shows that the dealership tech is somehow better than a Jiffy Lube tech

I've had such bad experiences with tech's at dealerships, my faith is low

Independent would be better I think, might try that
    Yeah dealerships are rarely the right answer as well haha. Good Indy is almost always the right answer.

Do we have a thread on best indie shops?

I found one recently...Chanda Auto by Chinook Mall.

My Ride
    95B

Porsche quoted me 655$ for an oil change recently... I feel like that is a semi-strong reason, haha

Also dealerships are hit and miss anyway.

There is a Jiffy Lube near me and the guys that work there are like oil guru's... I've never met workers that knew so much about oil as the people at this place
    I am assuming that is for the First Macan GTS service? or Just for a Oil change?
    I did the first service on mine couple of weeks ago and it was $ 425.
    Maybe yours is Price adjusted for Vancouver

Back to the Jiffy Lube on Creek Side , when I had the winter beater I have taken mine there for Oil changes there and I had no issues.
    They were nice to deal with IMO
    Last edited by ganesh; 02-02-2024 at 04:30 PM.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

LOL indy hires the same noob tech to do your oil changes...

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    LOL indy hires the same noob tech to do your oil changes...
    I think the differentiator is the indy has the most to lose if they do a bad job. Dealers and jiffy lubes will always be lined up with customers who don't know/care about their cars, are just there for warranty work, etc.

An indy has to rely much more on reputation and good CX for future work than either of the other two, and therefore is more likely to deliver work they can stand behind or remediate mistakes made by the noob instead of telling the customer to kick rocks.

My Ride
    E46

Quote Originally Posted by R!zz0 View Post
    I went to Jiffy Lube on Creekside on Jan 29th, 2024, and they did do an oil change and checked my air filter and topped off my coolant because it was low according to their tech. Next day I'm driving my son to his soccer practice in Bearspaw and I notice that my check engine light is on. Once we get to Bearspaw Lifestyle Centre, I opened my hood and saw that my air intake tube was completely disconnected from the air filter box. I didn't have any tools with me so I pushed it in as much as I could. The check engine light remained on and when i got home, i tightened the clamp on the air intake tube. I even disconnected the negative battery cable to turn off the check engine light. Next day i was dropping my kids to school and the check engine light came on again. I took my van back to Jiffy Lube and they tightened the air intake tube (according to their tech it was loose) They got their Innova scanner and turned off the check engine light and said, "come back if you see the check engine light on again"

In the afternoon while on the road picking up my kids from school, the light comes back on. I took the van again at Jiffy Lube and they again turned off the light with their scanner. This morning (Feb 2, 2024) on the road dropping my kids off at school, the engine light comes on again. Took it back to Jiffy Lube and their supervisor tells me that that the code is P0330 which is a knock sensor 2 circuit (bank 2)

He called his manager and told him about the issue and his manager told him to tell me that bank 2 is at the bottom of the air filter box and Jiffy Lube has nothing to do with that. Before I took my van to Jiffy Lube, I had no check engine light on.
    It could be a coincidence that you now have this fault, but it also might not. P0330 doesn't mean you need a knock sensor, it means the engine module doesn't like the voltage that it sees on the signal line. The problem could be the knock sensor itself or an open or short in the signal line that runs from the sensor to the engine module. On mini vans, bank 2 is usually the side of the engine that you see when you pop the hood. Knock sensors are usually bolted to the side of the engine block or in the valley underneath the intake manifold. But the wiring harness that connects them can run anywhere under the hood. The lube tech could have damaged a wiring harness when he was ham fisting your air filter box.
    I would take it to a reputable shop, tell them what happened. Get it diagnosed and repaired properly. If it turns out that the lube shop did damage something. Take the bill back to the lube shop and see if they will reimburse you. I recommend taking it to a shop called My Garage in Airdrie.

There isn't any real evidence that shows that the dealership tech is somehow better than a Jiffy Lube tech

I've had such bad experiences with tech's at dealerships, my faith is low

I'm usually all over shitting on dealerships. But this time I will take their side. Quick lube shops hire a bunch of uneducated teenagers. Lead by an uneducated adult. It's like the blind leading the blind.
    Dealerships hire the same uneducated teenagers, but are placed in the shop with manufacturer certified master technicians and Journeyman technicians working in the bays around them. They sorta get watched by someone who should know what they are doing. If something does get f'ed up, the chances of it being fixed are a lot higher than just repeatedly clearing trouble codes.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Flexray View Post
    I would take it to a reputable shop, tell them what happened. Get it diagnosed and repaired properly. If it turns out that the lube shop did damage something. Take the bill back to the lube shop and see if they will reimburse you. I recommend taking it to a shop called My Garage in Airdrie.
    And there lies the issue... not only did the OP have his fingers in there now a 2nd shop will. So how do you know who did what? There is zero evidence it falls back on the lube shop and the best course of action is have a shop fix it and chalk it up to an expensive lesson and never go back to a lube shop... unless its for other lube jobs.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Do we actually think that the disconnection of the air intake caused the knock sensor error?

I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Do we actually think that the disconnection of the air intake caused the knock sensor error?

I don't.
    Unless some idiot really did something stupid and rip a wire or unplugged it then no.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

I have known the owner of this Jiffy Lube for 15+ years, He runs a good business and if and when at fault has no issue fixing the problem to makes his customers happy. I was just there with my Bronco and service was great.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If your shitbox breaks after an oil change, it doesn't mean the oil change broke your shitbox.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

There’s a couple beyonder owned shops that I use for all my servicing now.

Steve at VS One and Jackie at Ballance Auto are both A++

My Ride
    V8s

For the last >7 years, I've gone pretty far out of my way to take my japanese cars to Jackie.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    I am assuming that is for the First Macan GTS service? or Just for a Oil change?
    I did the first service on mine couple of weeks ago and it was $ 425.
    Maybe yours is Price adjusted for Vancouver

Back to the Jiffy Lube on Creek Side , when I had the winter beater I have taken mine there for Oil changes there and I had no issues.
    They were nice to deal with IMO
    The quotes I got were 655$ for the first year service, 1800$ for the second year, and 2600$ for the third.

When I tried to figure out wtf was included I got a speech about how they wear white gloves

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Flexray View Post
    I'm usually all over shitting on dealerships. But this time I will take their side. Quick lube shops hire a bunch of uneducated teenagers. Lead by an uneducated adult. It's like the blind leading the blind. Dealerships hire the same uneducated teenagers, but are placed in the shop with manufacturer certified master technicians and Journeyman technicians working in the bays around them. They sorta get watched by someone who should know what they are doing. If something does get f'ed up, the chances of it being fixed are a lot higher than just repeatedly clearing trouble codes.
    And the thing about dealerships is that they are doing oil changes on the same vehicles over and over so they have their procedures down and don't have to do any guesswork compared to shops that work on every flavor of vehicle out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2