Quantcast
UCP pronouns trans surgery MEGATHREAD - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP pronouns trans surgery MEGATHREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m 100% shit posting, but I do find it funny that ‘parental rights’ matter only if it’s in the conservative direction
    Absolutely untrue... Just because that is a media buzz topic does not make it so.

We are an entirely non-religious home and while I am more conservative fiscally than some I am more socially liberal than most. I am one of the parents that always welcomed all my kids friends into our home. Straight, gay, confused, trans, non-binary or whatever. Over the years a few of their friends left homes where the conflict between their parents and themselves coming out was too much for them to handle and they always had a safe place to stay with our family. Funny thing though is we never excluded their parents from knowing where their kids were at and encouraged talking, and in fact every single one of them recovered their relationships with their parents because the dialog was made and eventually everyone came to grips with the situation. That only happens when parents are informed and kept abreast of their kids lives. It wasn't just for the parents but also for the kids.

Also to note, of the group of kids we interacted with throughout the high school years, two of the ones that were 100% sure they were transgendered, came back around to deciding they were straight and they were the sex they were born as when they were late teen/young adults. Yes I realize that does not mean they will all do that, but my point is that in the confusing period of your middle teens, having to feel pressure in deciding these things so early is unnecessary, and certain actions that make them permanent, or at the very least damaging if one changes their mind later, should be put off this early in life. Peer pressure from your like minded friends can be just as damaging as peer pressure from the opposite end of that spectrum. A little cautious common sense is not a bad thing at all.

No doubt conversation around such topics are important to have with youth, but life altering decisions need to include parents.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    dunno, I think its remarkably consistent that conservatives seem to care about the concept of parental responsibility for children, while the left generally would prefer to abdicate any semblance of personal responsibility for anything related to kids to the state.
    nah the left doesnt need to have teachers report to the parents because they have a healthy relationship with their kids, respect their feelings, and dont force their beliefs on them.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    I think a big part is they're terrified they might be attracted to a trans person and not know the person is trans, and they would be incredibly embarrassed by that.
    Name:  IMG_0147.gif
Views: 303
Size:  294.7 KB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m 100% shit posting, but I do find it funny that ‘parental rights’ matter only if it’s in the conservative direction
    This is such a cop out statement. It’s like nobody cares about nuances and context anymore. Everything has to be black and white. My position aligns 100% with tirebob. Quote for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Absolutely untrue... Just because that is a media buzz topic does not make it so.

We are an entirely non-religious home and while I am more conservative fiscally than some I am more socially liberal than most. I am one of the parents that always welcomed all my kids friends into our home. Straight, gay, confused, trans, non-binary or whatever. Over the years a few of their friends left homes where the conflict between their parents and themselves coming out was too much for them to handle and they always had a safe place to stay with our family. Funny thing though is we never excluded their parents from knowing where their kids were at and encouraged talking, and in fact every single one of them recovered their relationships with their parents because the dialog was made and eventually everyone came to grips with the situation. That only happens when parents are informed and kept abreast of their kids lives. It wasn't just for the parents but also for the kids.

Also to note, of the group of kids we interacted with throughout the high school years, two of the ones that were 100% sure they were transgendered, came back around to deciding they were straight and they were the sex they were born as when they were late teen/young adults. Yes I realize that does not mean they will all do that, but my point is that in the confusing period of your middle teens, having to feel pressure in deciding these things so early is unnecessary, and certain actions that make them permanent, or at the very least damaging if one changes their mind later, should be put off this early in life. Peer pressure from your like minded friends can be just as damaging as peer pressure from the opposite end of that spectrum. A little cautious common sense is not a bad thing at all.

No doubt conversation around such topics are important to have with youth, but life altering decisions need to include parents.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '14 Taco

but my point is that in the confusing period of your middle teens, having to feel pressure in deciding these things so early is unnecessary, and certain actions that make them permanent, or at the very least damaging if one changes their mind later, should be put off this early in life. Peer pressure from your like minded friends can be just as damaging as peer pressure from the opposite end of that spectrum. A little cautious common sense is not a bad thing at all.

But they are already involving parents. “ This particular policy deliberately spreads disinformation — parents are already required to give consent for their pubescent children to receive puberty blockers and for teenagers to access hormone replacement therapy. Bottom surgeries are already restricted to adults.” This policy is just dog whistling to the socially right.

It’s not like kids are getting gender-affirming drugs or being exposed to the ‘genital mutilation cult’ in schools. If a kid feels more comfortable at school to be themselves than at home, is that something we really want to change? Maybe home-life is crap. This is a pretty bad look for Canadians: “ According to a Canadian study by The Family Acceptance Project, 30 per cent of families reject their child when they come out, and many are removed from their homes”. It’s good to hear about parents like yourself Bob who hopefully are the norm and not the rarity.
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 02-04-2024 at 03:56 PM.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

But they are already involving parents. “ This particular policy deliberately spreads disinformation — parents are already required to give consent for their pubescent children to receive puberty blockers and for teenagers to access hormone replacement therapy. Bottom surgeries are already restricted to adults.”

It’s not like kids are getting gender-affirming drugs or being exposed to the ‘genital mutilation cult’ in schools. If a kid feels more comfortable at school to be themselves than at home, is that something we really want to change? Maybe home-life is crap. This is a pretty bad look for Canadians: “ According to a Canadian study by The Family Acceptance Project, 30 per cent of families reject their child when they come out, and many are removed from their homes”
    yeah these guys think the teachers are taking them off to a dick chopping, masectomy clinic on recess.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

But they are already involving parents. “ This particular policy deliberately spreads disinformation — parents are already required to give consent for their pubescent children to receive puberty blockers and for teenagers to access hormone replacement therapy. Bottom surgeries are already restricted to adults.” This policy is just dog whistling to the socially right.
    It's that, and another hypothesis I'll float out but won't spend any time defending, is that for the people who believe the panic it's not really about parental rights. I think it's a nice thing for them to hide behind, but what it's really about is that LGBTQ+ exists at all. I'll bet that group of people is small but it's not zero.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Lol at all the protests in AB

Nenshi going to save all the trans kids from their parents by running for Premier now

I think you guys are turning a parental rights issue into a hate issue and that is not the case for most at all. You all just enjoy being inflammatory. You sound just as bad as the people who claimed allowing gays to marry leads to everyone marrying and fucking their dogs, only in bizzaro reverse style. “Giving parents rights means all our kids are going to be sad and die!!! OMG!!! We must let our teachers save the world from the horrible breeders!!”
    Weird how that's the argument to parental rights. Kids will die. Kids will die. Kids will die..... there's no middle ground. No reasonable positions we read about.

Those against parental rights are in the minority across Canada. Including all political lines and age groups.

This is Deja vu to the election year when ndp went against Kenney. Was it 2014 or 2016? The ndp tried to make it all about LGBTQ kids. Then the ndp dumped them after the election when it didn't make a difference and completely forgot about them with our most recent election.

Now, their using Trans kids a props. We've come full circle again.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

nah the left doesnt need to have teachers report to the parents because they have a healthy relationship with their kids, respect their feelings, and dont force their beliefs on them.
    Dumb take.

In reality, there can only be 3 policies:

1. Teachers get to decide what they share with parents about any number of topics/issues that are very consequential about the growth and development of a child. On one hand, this could be seen as a good thing but on the other hand, teachers are underpaid and overworked and will have their own ideological bias so this is a very unpredictable policy.

2. Teachers are not allowed to share important information about children with parents. The State has control over what happens in the classroom and parents only know what their children chooses to share (if you've ever had a conversation with a teenager, you'll know that's typically not much).

3. Teachers need to inform parents of important information about children with parents. Downside?

Yes, glad Danielle Smith is doing something about this Transanity. A voice for the voiceless. People don't want to speak out about this for fear of being cancelled so she is stepping up big time.

Normalizing a person's mental illness is not helping them. Just like normalizing a person with Anorexia and Bulimia. We don't allow kids to make these abnormal choices because they have a mental condition. We don't allow kids to get tattoos, smoke, take drugs, drink alcohol because they feel like doing so.

Because once you normalize something, then you have the slippery slope. Now you have to entertain someone's absurd pronoun notion instead of getting them the mental help they need. Now we're gonna get trans age, where you got 50 a year old out in ONtario pretending he's a 13 year old to compete with them in the swim team going to the shower room with them. Normalizing of pedophilia. Then you have trans taking over women sports with women too scared to speak up. Their spots are taken like 5 trans men on a volleyball team out in Ontario taking up the regular roster on teams while women are substitutes. You got a huge man playing rugby out in On not even trying to appear as a women hurting players out there. Absolute transanity.

Word on Twitter says the Trans kid used as a prop for the Edmonton rally actually has parents who financially support the kid, the kid has lived at home anytime he/she has wanted to and overall has loving parents who want to be in the kids life.

Sounds like that's not what was stated at the rally by Irwin and notley.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I think a big part is they're terrified they might be attracted to a trans person and not know the person is trans, and they would be incredibly embarrassed by that.
    I'm only quoting these because it's entertaining to me how he continually manages to one up the stupidity spewing out of his brain while earnestly thinking it's rooted in an intelligent and balanced thought process. If the stupidity quotient in your posts were tied to the markets we'd all be eating triple meat subs for 20 years because they are definitely to the moon!

On a different more on topic note, you can absolutely respect the legitimacy of trans people while not confusing the fuck out of 8-12 year old kids and if you deny that's happening you just don't want to see it, the evidence is in every school you know. Except, oddly, the Catholic system. At least around here. Source? Kids in both systems. Except once again, only Thacodotes are legitimate dotes so just disregard that one.

I could talk about the trans persons I have known over the years, especially the one who now teaches trans rights to various Provincial Gov't workplaces around here, but I don't have to prove I know Jews to prove I'm not racist so it really doesn't matter at all becuase it isn't even relevant to the topic at hand. Oh wait, I forgot, only Thaco knows trans people and his stance is gospel.

Education without indoctrination is ideal. Everyone has the right to decide who they are, free of influence either way. Right now that isn't really happening, the pendulum will swing back to balance eventually and hopefully without too much collateral damage along the way. The only saving grace is that in general, people of most stripes who are under 50 are far more tolerant of differences than ever before.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 02-05-2024 at 09:23 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    NC1

Good post jrsc00lude
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I’m very sure Thaco is trolling the hell out of you guys.

He can’t be serious..
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I’m very sure Thaco is trolling the hell out of you guys.

He can’t be serious..
    It's a given...

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Dumb take.

In reality, there can only be 3 policies:

1. Teachers get to decide what they share with parents about any number of topics/issues that are very consequential about the growth and development of a child. On one hand, this could be seen as a good thing but on the other hand, teachers are underpaid and overworked and will have their own ideological bias so this is a very unpredictable policy.

2. Teachers are not allowed to share important information about children with parents. The State has control over what happens in the classroom and parents only know what their children chooses to share (if you've ever had a conversation with a teenager, you'll know that's typically not much).

3. Teachers need to inform parents of important information about children with parents. Downside?
    Alberta teachers are some of, if not the highest paid teachers in all of NA.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Dumb take.

"Smith incorrectly suggests that parental rejection of 2SLGBTQIA+ kids is rare.

According to a Canadian study by the Family Acceptance Project, 30 per cent of families reject their child when they come out, and many are removed from their homes.

Among youth who are homeless, 20 per cent identify as 2SLGBTQIA+.

For those who experience family rejection, the rates of suicide are incredibly high.

According to the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey, 79 per cent of those rejected by their families experienced suicidal ideation and 43 per cent have made a suicide attempt."

https://theconversation.com/albertas...vidence-222579

Have you ever been to Thailand?
    Those Ladyboys are certainly tricky.

"Smith incorrectly suggests that parental rejection of 2SLGBTQIA+ kids is rare.

According to a Canadian study by the Family Acceptance Project, 30 per cent of families reject their child when they come out, and many are removed from their homes.

Among youth who are homeless, 20 per cent identify as 2SLGBTQIA+.

For those who experience family rejection, the rates of suicide are incredibly high.

According to the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey, 79 per cent of those rejected by their families experienced suicidal ideation and 43 per cent have made a suicide attempt."

https://theconversation.com/albertas...vidence-222579
    I mean eventually the family is going to find out... right?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast