UCP pronouns trans surgery MEGATHREAD - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP pronouns trans surgery MEGATHREAD

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Default UCP pronouns trans surgery MEGATHREAD

Good job Alberta!

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...-rights-attack

In her message to Albertans, Smith said kids 15 and under need parental consent to change their names or pronouns at school.

For those 16 or 17 years old they can change their names or pronouns but parents would have to be notified.

Smith says her UCP government will work with sports groups to make sure women and girls are not forced to compete with transgender female athletes.

“There are obvious biological realities that give transgender female athletes a massive competitive advantage over women and girls,” says the premier.

There's a lot of uproar from the usual crowds. I've already sent my mla a quick email to say I support the parental rights changes that they've announced.

Need to make sure your voice is hear in support of it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Probably an unpopular opinion (maybe popular here), but as long as parents are legally liable for our Children's actions (Alberta isn't as extreme as BC but we're still liable), I have no issues with parental permission/notificaitons. If we're giving children free rein, you can't do it in one place and not another (legal and civil liabilities).

Just to be clear, if my son wants to be a she, I have zero issues granting permission. This is about parental responsibility and liability. You want to let kids make 100% decisions on their own? Do it for everything. Drinking, smoking, voting, etc. and disconnect legal responsibility of parents. Don't cherry pick and choose one thing only (pronouns/identity) just to get your virtue signaling points.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably an unpopular opinion (maybe popular here), but as long as parents are legally liable for our Children's actions (Alberta isn't as extreme as BC but we're still liable), I have no issues with parental permission/notificaitons. If we're giving children free rein, you can't do it in one place and not another (legal and civil liabilities).

Just to be clear, if my son wants to be a she, I have zero issues granting permission. This is about parental responsibility and liability. You want to let kids make 100% decisions on their own? Do it for everything. Drinking, smoking, voting, etc. and disconnect legal responsibility of parents. Don't cherry pick and choose one thing only (pronouns/identity) just to get your virtue signaling points.
    I don't think its an unpopular opinion. To me until you are an adult or of legal age your parents are responsible for any major changes like this. Its perfectly fine if a kid wants to make a choice but it needs to be discussed and handled properly and not just on a whim as it can be a life altering thing.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    I don't think its an unpopular opinion. To me until you are an adult or of legal age your parents are responsible for any major changes like this. Its perfectly fine if a kid wants to make a choice but it needs to be discussed and handled properly and not just on a whim as it can be a life altering thing.
    Yea. The other half of it, surgery shit, instead of ban it should be parents consent as well. But from what I'm hearing any of those surgeries are really low #'s in Canada anyways, but definitely one point I think we can do better.

The argument on the pronouns is comical. Kids need a safe space at school because 25% of kids that come out get kicked out by the parents (according to some doctor who quoted this on CBC radio as I was grabbing lunch). If Jimmy wants to be a she, and parents are anti LGBTQ, I'd say having that conversation with parents is probably better than sneaking around being a she at school, and parents finding out after. I mean it'll suck either way for Jimmy, but the former is 100% better than the latter.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

The kids will die and there's no safe space for kids if we aren't allowed to keep secrets from all parents. That summarizes the position I'm hearing on the radio today.

And it's exactly why I'm happy for these parental rights.

If a kid is in danger from their parents the schools should be getting child welfare involved to see what's going on. There's many options available other then demanding schools keep secrets from parents.

For example my wife deals with schools and kids all the time with risk assessments. The school teachers do not have the training required to make a proper judgment on what supports the kids may need. Half the time the schools are over stepping and making wild assumptions based off a quick conversation with the kid.

Leave the assessments to the professionals. Report the shitty parents if your that concerned and let the trained professionals determine if there's a risk to the kid and if so what supports would be needed.

You need parental permission for a minor to get a goddamn tattoo… Chopping of your dick or tits should be treated at least as serious as a tattoo IMHO.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Did this get posted in the wrong thread? Anyway, I have lots of thoughts on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Did this get posted in the wrong thread? Anyway, I have lots of thoughts on this.
    I think it's worth it's own thread. Could label it as parental rights changes.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Debate. Is changing your gender more or less an expression of your inner self than a tattoo?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Why not both!
    Tramp stamp AND chop your dick off two for one discount.

A lot of boneheaded questions being thrown at Danielle Smith right now. At least one question was good. Someone asked if she'd use the not withstanding clause if the new laws were struck down.

She danced around and didn't answer but here's to hoping that she says yes.

Let the meltdown of the left continue.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Other option was the UCP Election thread, soo......

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Let the meltdown of the left continue.
    Next week this will be forgotten.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

"Smith is within her rights to do this, but we're going to see if we can't circumvent her decision through Health Canada" - Federal Liberal MP's (literally, watched them on the news)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Other option was the UCP Election thread, soo......

Next week this will be forgotten.
    Best part of this is how the ndp made the election against Jason Kenney all about lgbtq people and then last year against Smith they all but forgot about them. Now their back to being their biggest ally.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So are we still talking about infant circumcision? People clown me for making new threads, but this thread is now a shitshow.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea. The other half of it, surgery shit, instead of ban it should be parents consent as well. But from what I'm hearing any of those surgeries are really low #'s in Canada anyways, but definitely one point I think we can do better.

The argument on the pronouns is comical. Kids need a safe space at school because 25% of kids that come out get kicked out by the parents (according to some doctor who quoted this on CBC radio as I was grabbing lunch). If Jimmy wants to be a she, and parents are anti LGBTQ, I'd say having that conversation with parents is probably better than sneaking around being a she at school, and parents finding out after. I mean it'll suck either way for Jimmy, but the former is 100% better than the latter.
    During her media availability Danielle Smith mentioned 100 surgeries were approved in alberta last year.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I like that Beyond has parents with kids of all ages so we can get updates on what's actually happening in schools.

Still unsure if kids need permission to get circumcized though.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    I like that Beyond has parents with kids of all ages so we can get updates on what's actually happening in schools.

Still unsure if kids need permission to get circumcized though.
    I wouldn't trust Beyond for school updates. There's at least one OG member who genuinely thought litter boxes were being installed in schools because Facebook said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

So are we still talking about infant circumcision? People clown me for making new threads, but this thread is now a shitshow.
    Maybe @mods can circumcise this thread?

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast