Quantcast
2024 f1 - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 f1

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't see any driver leave the best team with the best car on the grid just because of some leaked screen caps. I don't know what Jos' end game is here. Merc, at best, is in contention for 3rd place this year.
    From the tabloids, looks like Horner was looking to do a coup to buy RBR F1 outright, and now Jos is looking to take Newey + MV to rebuild AMG. But who knows?

All I know is I cannot unsee nipple

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I can't see any driver leave the best team with the best car on the grid just because of some leaked screen caps. I don't know what Jos' end game is here. Merc, at best, is in contention for 3rd place this year.
    2025 isn't the issue, 2026 is. Max's RB contract goes to 2028, rumours are that Mercedes is way ahead on the 2026 engine regs and RB is struggling due to the Honda exit. Max may be thinking it makes more sense to be in a middling Merc for one season instead of a underpowered RB for three. Max's contract includes a goodly number of escape clauses (including but not limited to car performance and the presence of Marko) so he has some opportunities to make a switch if he feels the need. I think it's unlikely but not impossible.

Granted, it appears the power struggle is a lot broader and deeper than just who Max is driving for. The chasm between the Austrian contingent and the Thai/Horner squad seems to be huge.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I don't believe any of these 'fake news' until they are official. I also didn't believe Hamilton rumours until it became official so who knows.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Money. RB has clauses on their contracts that could break them if certain people leave. If that opens the door Max could sigh with Merc for 100M a season most likely. Even if the car is less competitive perhaps he wants the challenge of proving he can win anywhere. If Marko leaves I could see Max leaving too and Merc is the only top team with a seat available.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Interesting. I do know about the exit clauses on Max's contract, but I didn't consider the big picture with 2026 engine regs. Knowing this, it might be the move for Max to go to Merc for money and potential, especially if they are able to nab Newey in the process. I imagine this would be very conflicting for Shak haha.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    This and that.

Haha not at all actually. I will always like Merc to an extent regardless of who drives for them, but I've said it before, I am more team Ham than I am team Merc, so I will root for wherever Ham is. Even if he had gone to RBR, I would have supported them as much as I hate Horner/Marko. Haha.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Im team Alpine now, I love how the whole technical team quit now Ocon and Gasly are just hung out to dry.

And they wouldn't let Andretti Cadillac in.. lol... nice work f1

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Im team Alpine now, I love how the whole technical team quit now Ocon and Gasly are just hung out to dry.

I mean... yes Alpine is poorly managed. But you cant compare them to Andretti. Alpine is a full works team...

My Ride
    Exploded.

But... le test... it passes, non? sacre bleu

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Andretti was going to run the Haas model but based on Alpine architecture. They would have been absolutely abysmal.

My Ride
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    2025 isn't the issue, 2026 is. Max's RB contract goes to 2028, rumours are that Mercedes is way ahead on the 2026 engine regs and RB is struggling due to the Honda exit. Max may be thinking it makes more sense to be in a middling Merc for one season instead of a underpowered RB for three. Max's contract includes a goodly number of escape clauses (including but not limited to car performance and the presence of Marko) so he has some opportunities to make a switch if he feels the need. I think it's unlikely but not impossible.

Granted, it appears the power struggle is a lot broader and deeper than just who Max is driving for. The chasm between the Austrian contingent and the Thai/Horner squad seems to be huge.
    Isn't Honda staying on though? Coming back with AM in 2026? How did RB not sign on with them considering the success?

A lot of this doesn't make sense to me. You have an obviously winning formula and set of personnel, why would anyone want to leave
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Andretti was going to run the Haas model but based on Alpine architecture. They would have been absolutely abysmal.
    For a couple years until they have their own engine manufacturer. That’s perfectly fine, get the foot in the door then take a couple years to be competitive. Haas will always be back of the grid and not even care.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    For a couple years until they have their own engine manufacturer. That’s perfectly fine, get the foot in the door then take a couple years to be competitive. Haas will always be back of the grid and not even care.
    HASS came in and finished 8th, 8th, 5th in their first 3 seasons. They were far from a failure as a new team.

As much as I want Andretti to become the 11th team, they're on a uphill batter to become competitive.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    Isn't Honda staying on though? Coming back with AM in 2026? How did RB not sign on with them considering the success?

A lot of this doesn't make sense to me. You have an obviously winning formula and set of personnel, why would anyone want to leave
    Honda quit. Rbr bought what’s left and running the powertrains with minimal changes in a frozen powertrain rules. Honda had no intentions to return so RBR reached out to ford to enter with new rules as they needed a technical partner for 2026 development as Honda just left what they had for Red Bull and none of the resources. Ford basically gets a shortcut to f1 engines as Red Bull powertrains is essentially what Honda left behind as IP for them.

4 months later Honda surprise announce return with AM as their works team, presumably using the same baseline but with their engineers that designed all of it. My guess is that was a decision made quickly after the ford announcement.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Andretti was to be a customer team for 3 seasons (2005-2007), but that's exactly why F1 rejected their application. It basically said "your competitive model is dogshit, we're having to force Alpine to sell you an engine, try again when you actually have an engine partner in 2028".

Even Haas is looking like a better developmental unit, meanwhile the vaunted Andretti has basically only ever won spec series and would be coming in cold. Forget competitive, they'd have been pushing the 107% rule.

My Ride
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Honda quit. Rbr bought what’s left and running the powertrains with minimal changes in a frozen powertrain rules. Honda had no intentions to return so RBR reached out to ford to enter with new rules as they needed a technical partner for 2026 development as Honda just left what they had for Red Bull and none of the resources. Ford basically gets a shortcut to f1 engines as Red Bull powertrains is essentially what Honda left behind as IP for them.

4 months later Honda surprise announce return with AM as their works team, presumably using the same baseline but with their engineers that designed all of it. My guess is that was a decision made quickly after the ford announcement.
    But why wouldn't they drop Ford? They're ruthless and don't care much about money
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    But why wouldn't they drop Ford? They're ruthless and don't care much about money
    Because Ford is going to drop Red Bull over the Horner drama

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Because Ford is going to drop Red Bull over the Horner drama
    Sounds like all started by Jos.

Jos Verstappen is reportedly in a Love Affairs with Horner’s accuser
    https://las-motorsport.com/f1/news/j...nergate/13895/

Red Bull suspend woman who accused Christian Horner of inappropriate behaviour
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68501426

Is Jos' end game to shop Max elsewhere or to take over RBR?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Sounds like all started by Jos.

Jos Verstappen is reportedly in a Love Affairs with Horner’s accuser
    https://las-motorsport.com/f1/news/j...nergate/13895/

Red Bull suspend woman who accused Christian Horner of inappropriate behaviour
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68501426

Is Jos' end game to shop Max elsewhere or to take over RBR?

https://las-motorsport.com/f1/news/r...in-2025/13903/

El Plan is happening
    https://las-motorsport.com/f1/news/f...roversy/13886/

Netflix is rocking a hard on with all of this content

You have to manually swap him out in the fantasy league for this race.

Last edited by phreezee; 03-08-2024 at 08:53 AM.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast