Quantcast
Spam calls and texts - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Spam calls and texts

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'll know they're getting real serious when they introduce a tax to deal with it.
    If we all paid a tax on spam calls they could be reduced by several percent.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    They know this because some site you've used in the past has been compromised and data was leaked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    I had the weirdest text/spam call interaction a couple weeks ago. I got back from holidays and the next morning i get a text saying its RBC asking about a potential fraudulent purchase and to text yes or no to confirm, I figured it was some scam so i ignored it. I get a call from some 1-800 number about an later so I answered and it was an automated greeting say they were the Royal Bank fraud department calling about fraudulent purchases and the crazy part is the automated message listed my postal code, last 4 digits of my CC and the last 5 charges including the one I got a text about. I was totally thinking this was real but the only thing that threw me off was that they said they were Royal bank when normally its RBC. I push the 1 to connect and they put me on hold for 10 minutes but I had to hang up because I got to the place to pick something up. I'm still recovering from a nasty 3:00 am flight that was delayed 5 hours so not thinking straight and I go to use my CC to pay for something and its declined, stupid me remembers that I was literally on hold with rbc fraud not even 10 mins ago. I pay with another card and call the number on the back of the CC, only took 50 minutes to get through to the fraud department and they confirmed it was them that texted but the call was not them, I told them they knew my postal code and the last 5 transactions so they cancelled my card. Still dont know how they knew all my info because RBC had no idea either
    These fucks are getting real good now. Got a call yesterday and in the caller ID it said RBC so I answered, the guy said he was from the CC fraud department and asked me if I made a purchase in quebec. I was in a rush when they called so I didnt clue in right away that this could be a scam and completely forgot about what happened a month ago. I said no to the charge and he said they'd cancel the card and send it to my branch for pick up, right after that he said they also noticed a couple of attempted E transfer attempts from my account but they were blocked by RBC. He told me he'd have to transfer me to that department to get it sorted out. When the new guy came on he told me about the attempted E transfers and for safety they would have to decrease my limits temporarily and needed to ask some verification questions, they asked me how long ive been with RBC and I said at least 20 years but he said he needed exact dates and thankfully my common sense kicked back in because I knew theres no way anyone would know the exact date they opened an account that long ago. He then said they can do it another way and sure enough he asks for my client card number so I ended the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3