Quantcast
Motorcycle Racing 2024 - MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, MotoAmerica, TT - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Racing 2024 - MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, MotoAmerica, TT

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

MotoAmerica Superbikes at Barber

MotoAmerica has the weakest field of any of the series I watch, but the racing at the front is good enough.

Cameron Beaubier crashed out of the lead in race 1 after taking off like a rocket. He was perfect in MotoAmerica before he moved to Moto2, but it seems like since he's been back he's been pushing hard where he doesn't need to and takes a lot of chances that cost him. Cameron Petersen went on to win, followed by his teammate and reigning champion Jake Gagne, Josh Herrin, Sean Dylan Kelly and Loris Baz. Xavi Fores is filling in for Richie Escalante while he recovers from injuries. I think having 2 Ducatis in the field will help make them better. Herrin had a good year last year, and Danilo Petrucci the year before that, but they were on their own to collect data and having Baz there now too will make them better.

Name:  Barber 1 Petersen.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  166.4 KB

Beaubier made up for the race 1 mistake and led the whole race. Kelly just passed Petersen at the line to take 2nd. Baz was 4th and Bobby Fong was 5th. Gagne dropped way back and was even passed by Hayden Gillim on a Superstock Honda, finishing 8th, 29 seconds behind Beaubier. It turned out he was suffering from arm pump and couldn't feel his hand on the brakes.

Name:  Barber 2 Beaubier.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  421.5 KB

Race 3 was another win for Beaubier. The race was red flagged on lap 18 of 20 when Baz and Manuel Segura got together and crashed hard. Herrin and Baz were lapping Segura and then I don't know what happened. It looked like Baz maybe lost the rear and then got ran into by Segura. Both riders were on their feet after so they'll probably be alright, but another weird crash for Baz. Fong was 2nd, Kelly 3rd, Herrin 4th and Gillim 5th. Gagne had arm pump issues again and finished 7th.

Name:  Barber 3 Beaubier.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  458.7 KB

MotoAmerica Standings after Barber:

1. Cameron Beaubier (Tytlers Cycle Racing - BMW) 95
    2. Jake Gagne (Attack Performance Yamaha - Yamaha) 82
    3. Sean Dylan Kelly (TopPro Racing Team - BMW) 73
    4. Bobby Fong (Wrench Motorcycles - Yamaha) 60
    5. Cameron Petersen (Attack Performance Yamaha - Yamaha) 58

Next 4 Weeks:

May 25-26 – MotoGP Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya – Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
    May 27-June 8 – Isle of Man TT – Isle of Man TT Mountain Course
    June 1-2 – MotoGP Gran Premio d’Italia – Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello
    June 1-2 – MotoAmerica Superbikes at Road America – Road America
    June 15-16 – MotoGP Grand Prix of Kazakhstan – Sokol International Racetrack
    June 15-16 – World Superbike Pirelli Emilia-Romagna Round – Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
    June 15-16 – British Superbikes Round 4 – Knockhill
    June 15-16 – MotoAmerica Superbikes at Brainerd – Brainerd International Raceway
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT

With the Isle of Man TT coming up next week, I trust you'll all be subscribing to TT+. It has all the practice and qualifying sessions and the races live and on demand. Plus daily podcasts, recaps, documentaries and highlights from past TTs back to 2010 I think. 44Teeth has a promo code, 44TT20, for 20% off. I'm not sure if that's a worldwide thing or just a UK code since the price of TT+ seems to vary based on location and I've already subscribed. It's $38.99 here and well worth the money, even without the discount.

https://ttplus.iomttraces.com/

Here's a trailer for the second season of No Room For Error, a 4 part series available on TT+ starting Monday. I'm really interested to see how they handle Raul Torras Martinez, seen in the trailer saying, "... It's about freedom. When I'm on the Mountain Mile, in sixth, flat out, I feel 100% free." He died in a crash in the first Supertwin race a few days later.

2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

MotoGP Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya - Sprint Race

In one of these threads I once said Catalunya isn't suited for bikes.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning for some reason, but it was just in time for Q1 to start so I decided to watch that rather than go back to bed. Fabio Di Giannantonio and Raul Fernandez were both inside the lap record time to get through into Q2. Di Giannantonio wasn't quite able to replicate that time, but Fernandez put himself on the front row in 3rd. His best start in his career up to this point I think they said was 9th. Aleix Espargaro started on pole, a dream start for him at his home track only a day or two after announcing he'll be retiring at the end of this season.

If you'd bet on Fernandez leading the sprint race, first of all you'd have been insane because he hasn't been anywhere near leading all season, and second you'd have been a big winner. Unfortunately he couldn't keep that pace up and crashed out of the lead on lap 5, handing the lead over to Brad Binder. Binder himself crashed out of the lead on lap 7. Bagania was leading on the last lap and looked to make up a few championship points on Jorge Martin, and then he crashed out too. Espargaro won from the pole, which wasn't that shocking but the route he took to do it sure was. Marc Marquez came from 14th with damaged aero from lap 1 contact with Jack Miller to finish 2nd. Pedro Acosta finished 3rd, Martin 4th and Enea Bastianini 5th.

Name:  Espargaro Catalunya Sprint.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  508.3 KB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    LX 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    North West 200

I don't know if I can embed a tweet with a video, but holy fuck is this worth a watch. This is the reason for one of the red flags in qualifying. Paul Cassidy clipped another rider, crashed into a fence, cartwheeled through the air and landed on the hood of a parked car. He's alright, just sore, nothing broken, but you can't understand how. I love road racing but it's worth remembering how dangerous and on the edge it can be. (Edit: skip ahead 20 seconds.)

My god, that’s wild.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by s dime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My god, that’s wild.
    The guy is racing this weekend at the Pre-TT Classic. I think if he didn't get that bike turned sideways he would be dead now. I also think having a Volkswagen to break his fall helped.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

MotoGP Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya

A good response today by Francesco Bagnaia after yesterday's mistake, passing Jorge Martin with 6 laps to go to win his third grand prix of the season. Martin has plenty to feel good about too with 2nd place and maintaining a strong lead in the championship. Marc Marquez came from way back again, starting 14th to finish 3rd. Aleix Espargaro just missed out on the podium, finishing 4th. And Fabio Di Giannantonio passed Raul Fernandez, speaking of good responses after mistakes made yesterday by the way, to finish 5th.

Enea Bastianini was given a long lap penalty for shortcutting turn 2, although you could argue he was forced out there by Alex Marquez. And argue it he did, as he was given a double long lap penalty for not complying with the first one, a pass through penalty for not complying with that, and a 32 second penalty after not complying with that. I would imagine that was partially done in protest of a long lap penalty he felt he was unfairly given last round at Le Mans. I don't know if Ducati will formally protest the penalty but as it stands now, he crossed the line in 9th and after the penalty is credited with 18th.

Pedro Acosta crashed on lap 11, remounted, and somehow came back to finish inside the points in 14th (13th after the Bastianini penalty).

Name:  Bagnaia Catalunya GP.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  268.0 KB

Rider Contracts ending in 2024

Aleix Espargaro's retirement at the end of 2024 I think will start a cascade of movement for 2025. With Bagnaia resigning with Ducati and Fabio Quartararo resigning with Yamaha there are 17 seats available of 22 for next season, and there are 3 things that everybody seems to be waiting on: Aprilia, which has been partially resolved with Espargaro; Ducati, who have said they'll make an official announcement at Mugello next week; and Pramac, who may be switching from Ducati to Yamaha.

It looks like Bastianini is out at Ducati, which is unfortunate after the promise he showed in 2022. But there's nothing more Martin can do to prove to Ducati he's good enough to move to the factory team. Martin to replace Bastianini is the obvious choice, except for Marc Marquez. It's hard to say who they'll pick, but Marquez has said he doesn't care what colors he wears as long as he's on the current spec bike. Pramac has 2024 bikes the same as factory Ducati has, whereas Gresini is using 2023 bikes. If Pramac goes to Yamaha, Ducati would have two 2025 bikes to give to either Gresini or VR46, and Marquez would surely get one if he stays at Gresini. Or, Pramac stays, and Marquez moves there to take Martin's seat and Martin goes to factory. Hopefully we'll see next week. It's worth remembering that Ducati has also signed Moto2 rider Fermin Aldeguer to move to MotoGP next year so they need a place to stick him.

If Bastianini is out, it looks like he'll go to Aprilia. The only thing that might complicate that is if Marquez goes to factory Ducati. Martin has said he won't be with Pramac for 2025 as he feels he's earned a factory ride. If that's the case, they'd probably be smarter to take Martin. They both could end up there I suppose if Aprilia decides not to resign Vinales. Both Trackhouse seats are available too as there's probably room for improvement over Raul Fernandez and Miguel Oliveira.

Jack Miller has to be out at KTM. Pedro Acosta has been too good to keep at GASGAS and Binder is signed through 2026.

You'd think Joan Mir will be doing everything possible to get away from Honda. If Pramac goes to Yamaha, I can see him and Alex Rins going there. Yamaha isn't doing great right now either but at least they tend to finish the races.

MotoGP Standings after Catalunya:

1. Jorge Martin (Prima Pramac Racing) 155
    2. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) 116
    3. Marc Marquez (Gresini Racing MotoGP) 114
    4. Enea Bastianini (Ducati Lenovo Team) 94
    5. Maverick Vinales (Aprilia Racing) 87

Next 4 Weeks:

May 27-June 8 – Isle of Man TT – Isle of Man TT Mountain Course
    June 1-2 – MotoGP Gran Premio d’Italia – Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello
    June 1-2 – MotoAmerica Superbikes at Road America – Road America
    June 15-16 – World Superbike Pirelli Emilia-Romagna Round – Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
    June 15-16 – MotoAmerica Superbikes at Brainerd – Brainerd International Raceway
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT

Can you believe the wait is over and the TT starts tomorrow? The TT is the best motorsport event in the world. Five days of practice and qualifying begins tomorrow, where nearly 120 riders will attempt to secure a starting spot in 10 races around the 100+ year old, 37.73 mile TT Mountain Course:

- Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 1
    - 3wheeling.media Sidecar TT Race 1
    - RST Superbike TT Race
    - RL360 Superstock TT Race 1
    - Metzeler Supertwin TT Race 1
    - 3wheeling.media Sidecar TT Race 2
    - Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 2
    - PE Superstock TT Race 2
    - Entire Cover insurance Supertwin TT Race 2
    - Milwaukee Senior TT Race

Superbike and Superstock top 20:

1 John McGuinness – Honda Racing UK, Honda
    - 23 TT wins, probably not up for another win at 52 years old but you never know

2 Jamie Coward – KTS Racing Powered by Steadplan, Honda
    - Should have a win soon, maybe not in Superbike though

3 Dean Harrison – Honda Racing UK, Honda
    - Switching from Kawasaki to Honda this year, hopefully more top speed gets him back into fighting for wins

4 Ian Hutchinson – Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles, Honda
    - Back at the TT after suffering a stroke last year, and collarbone and shoulder injuries in 2022, 16 TT wins but hasn't been healthy since 2017

5 James Hillier – WTF Racing, Honda
    - Switching from Yamaha to Honda this year, always a shot for a podium and pushing for wins

6 Michael Dunlop – Hawk Racing, Honda
    - 25 TT wins, second only to his late uncle Joey Dunlop's 26, will be motivated to make history and will have 8 races to do it

7 Josh Brookes – Monster Energy BMW by FHO Racing, BMW
    - Returned to the TT last year after being away since 2018 and looked like he never left

8 Davey Todd – Milwaukee BMW Motorrad, BMW
    - Last year should have been his year but just never clicked with the Padgett's Honda, will be a threat this year

9 Craig Neve – Bathams Ales, Honda
    - Good up-and-comer, a good day for him would probably be a top 6

10 Peter Hickman – Monster Energy BMW by FHO Racing, BMW
    - The fastest man around the Mountain Course, will be at the front or close to it in every race

11 Conor Cummins – Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles, Honda
    - Everyone's favorite Manxman, been competing since 2008 but hasn't won yet

12 David Johnson – Platinum Club Racing Kawasaki, Kawasaki
    - Good dependable top 10 rider, been around forever, won a Classic TT once I think

13 Lee Johnston
    - Lee won't be racing this year due to injuries sustained in a preseason testing crash

14 Michael Rutter – Bathams Ales, BMW
    - As experienced as McGuinness, 9 TT wins I think and been racing at the TT since the late 90s

15 Rob Hodson – SMT Racing, Honda
    - Don't know much about him, probably top 12

16 Dominic Herbertson – Burrows Engineering by RK Racing, BMW
    - Podcast host, professional arborist, took a chainsaw to the face, did a 130mph lap last year

17 Gary Johnson – Bill Smith Motors, Honda
    - Won a couple back in his day, missed last year due to injuries in a crash at Horice

18 Shaun Anderson – Team Classic Suzuki, Suzuki
    - Probably a top 6 guy on a top 12 bike

19 Phillip Crowe – Nigel Appleyard Agri Wash, BMW
    - Same thing, good rider but probably doesn't have the bike to be at the front

20 Mike Browne - IN Competition, Aprilia
    - It'll be interesting to see if the Aprilia can survive a 6 lap race, the 2015-2018 Nortons used an Aprilia engine but the bike is a big unknown

That's all for tonight, I'll do Supersport, Supertwin and Sidecars later on in the week since there's lots of time between now and the first race on Saturday and this is already too much for anyone to read.
    Last edited by SKR; 05-27-2024 at 07:07 AM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT

Supersport top 20:

Most riders at the TT enter in multiple classes, so the starting 20 will mostly be the same for Superbike, Superstock, Supersport and Supertwin races. Some will also compete in solo and Sidecar races. Maria Costello is doing Sidecar and Supertwin I think.

1 Paul Jordan - 600 Honda, Jackson Racing
    - Has a real good shot at a podium I think, maybe a win if everything goes his way but he'll have fast riders coming behind him

2 Jamie Coward - 765 Triumph, KTS Racing powered by Stanley Stewart Racing
    - Supersport is probably his best chance at a win

3 Dean Harrison - 600 Honda, Honda Racing UK

4 Ian Hutchinson - 600 Honda, Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles

5 James Hillier - 600 Kawasaki, Bournemouth Kawasaki Racing

6 Michael Dunlop - 765 Triumph, MD Racing
    - He's been racing a Yamaha R6 for years and if the Triumph isn't close out of the box I wouldn't be surprised if he digs the old Yamaha out

7 Josh Brookes - 600 Yamaha, Boyce Precision Engineering by Russell Racing

8 Davey Todd - 955 Ducati, Powertoolmate Ducati
    - Like Mike Browne's Aprilia in Superbike, this is a real interesting choice of bike

9 Craig Neve - 765 Triumph, Bathams Racing

10 Peter Hickman - 765 Triumph, K2 Trooper Triumph by PHR
    - Like Dunlop's R6, Hickman has been on a Triumph for years

11 Conor Cummins - 600 Honda, Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles

12 David Johnson - 600 Kawasaki, Platinum Club Racing Kawasaki

13 Lee Johnston
    - Not riding due to injury

14 Mike Browne - 600 Yamaha, Boyce Precision Engineering by Russell Racing

15 Rob Hodson - 600 Yamaha, SMT/Vehicle Recovery Services

16 Dom Herbertson - 600 Yamaha, Burrows Engineering by RK Racing

17 Gary Johnson - 750 Suzuki, NL Motorcycles/Astro Van Centre

18 Shaun Anderson - 750 Suzuki, Butterfields of Skipton with ARD

19 James Hind - 750 Suzuki, North Lincs Components

20 Michael Evans - 765 Triumph, Smith Racing
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT Qualifying Day 1

It was great to see bikes live on track again yesterday with a few riders into 129mph laps already. 51 starters each so far in the Superbike, Superstock and Supersport classes, 26 in the Supertwin class and 20 in the Sidecars. I want to say the limit for solo classes is 60 riders and 30 sidecar teams so if they can all put in fast enough times they'll all be racing.

Superbike:

1. Michael Dunlop 129.590mph
    2. Davey Todd 129.575mph
    3. Peter Hickman 128.721mph
    4. John McGuinness 127.646mph
    5. Jamie Coward 127.321mph

Name:  TT Q1 Superbike Dunlop.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  148.8 KB

Superstock:

1. Peter Hickman 129.032mph
    2. Michael Dunlop 128.870mph
    3. Dominic Herbertson 127.540mph
    4. James Hillier 127.535mph
    5. Jamie Coward 127.321mph (I think this must mean that he's using his Superstock bike in the Superbike class since the speeds are the same)

Name:  TT Q1 Superstock Hickman.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  268.1 KB

Supersport:

1. Davey Todd 125.601mph
    2. James Hillier 125.483mph
    3. Michael Dunlop 125.048mph
    4. James Hind 124.488mph
    5. Dean Harrison 123.980mph

Name:  TT Q1 Supersport Todd.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  102.2 KB

Supertwin:

1. Peter Hickman 118.011mph
    2. Davey Todd 116.063mph
    3. Baz Furber 114.958mph
    4. Mike Browne 114.910mph
    5. Stefano Bonetti 114.372mph

I couldn't find a picture of Hickman on his R7 anywhere.

Sidecars:

1. Ryan Crowe / Callum Crowe 116.699mph
    2. Ben Birchall / Kevin Rousseau 115.882mph
    3. Peter Founds / Jevan Walmsley 115.505mph
    4. Tim Reeves / Mark Wilkes 113.597mph
    5. Alan Founds / Rhys Gibbons 110.492mph

Name:  TT Q1 Sidecar Crowe-Crowe.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  1.07 MB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT

By now you should be well interested in the TT. Today's qualifying session has been cancelled due to weather, so here are the top 20 Supertwin and Sidecar entries. These are the starting orders, by the way, not a ranking based on speed or talent or anything. Sidecars aren't really my strong suit especially since it's been the Birchall brothers winning them every year.

Supertwin top 20:

1 Paul Jordan, Stop & Seal/Rev2Race, Yamaha R7

2 Jamie Coward, KTS Racing powered by Steadplan, Kawasaki Z650

3 Pierre-Yves Bian, VAS Engine, Paton S1-R
    - This class is his best chance to get a podium, or perhaps a win

4 Michael Rutter, Bathams Ales, Yamaha R7

5 Rob Hodson, SMT Racing, Paton S1-R

6 Michael Dunlop, MD Racing, Paton S1-R

7 Josh Brookes, Stop & Seal/Rev2Race, Yamaha R7

8 Davey Todd, Dafabet Racing, Kawasaki Z650

9 Dominic Herbertson, Burrows Engineering by RK Racing, Paton S1-R

10 Peter Hickman, Swan Racing, Yamaha R7

11 Gary Johnson, Dafabet Racing, Kawasaki Z650

12 Stefano Bonetti, VAS Engine, Paton S1-R
    - Same as teammate Pierre-Yves Bian, this is his best chance at a podium or win (this might even be the only class he's competing in)

13 Lee Johnston, Ashcourt Racing, Aprilia RS 660
    - Not racing

14 Mike Browne, Scott Racing Motorcycles, Aprilia RS 660

15 Victor Lopez, TBC, TBC

16 Joe Yeardsley, Team ILR by Frog Vehicle Developments, Paton S1-R
    - Had a great Manx Grand Prix last year, and might be the best chance at a native Manxman to win here

17 Joey Thompson, TBC, TBC

18 Barry Furber, DC Autos Newton, Yamaha R7

19 James Hind, TBC, TBC

20 Michael Evans, Golden Site Solutions Ltd., Kawasaki Z650

Sidecar top 10:

1 Ben Birchall / Kevin Rosseau, Wyckham Blackwell / Hager LCR Honda
    - Ben and Tom Birchall have won the last 11 TTs in a row, and 14 total. Kevin Rousseau is a new passenger this year after Tom retired.

2 Peter Founds / Jevan Walmsley, FHO Racing DDM Honda

3 Ryan Crowe / Callum Crowe, Kelproperties Ryde Honda
    - The Crowes are the next favorites after Birchall and Rousseau

4 Tim Reeves / Mark Wilkes, Bonovo Action / Carl Cox Motorsport LCR Honda

5 Dave Molyneux / Jake Roberts, DMR Kawasaki
    Dave Molyneux has 17 TT wins and a corner named after him, but has 7 DNFs in the 11 race stretch that the Birchalls have won

6 John Holden / Frank Claeys, Ryde KTM

7 Steve Ramsden / Matthew Ramsden, Ramsden Racing / RS Motorcyles LCR Honda

8 Lee Crawford / Scott Hardie, LCR Kawasaki

9 Lewis Blackstock / Patrick Rosney, Dave Holden Racing LCR Yamaha

10 Alan Founds / Rhys Gibbons, Team Founds Racing LCR Yamaha
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT Qualifying Day 2

The travelling marshals were the only bikes on the course today. Here's one of them on the mountain section.

Name:  Travelling Marshal.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  372.8 KB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT Qualifying Day 3

Superbike:

The top 13 riders all set new fastest times Wednesday. Michael Dunlop tested both his 2024 and 2023 Fireblades, with the 2023 setting the second fastest time of the day. Something that I hadn't really heard much about until the last couple days is the reliability issues Honda Racing UK has been having in British Superbikes. John McGuinness's bike seems to be fine and Nathan Harrison is doing alright I think but Dean Harrison is having a lot of trouble with his. If it keeps up I can see him using his Superstock bike in the Superbike races. What's interesting is the other Honda teams don't seem to be having the same issues.

1. Davey Todd 131.821mph
    2. Michael Dunlop 131.729
    3. Peter Hickman 130.804
    4. John McGuinness 129.269
    5. Josh Brookes 129.205

Name:  TT Q3 Superbike Todd.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  120.2 KB

Superstock:

Davey Todd was fastest in Superstock as well.

1. Davey Todd 130.439mph
    2. Peter Hickman 129.723
    3. Conor Cummins 129.286
    4. Dean Harrison 129.226
    5. Michael Dunlop 128.870

Name:  TT Q3 Superstock Todd.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  165.6 KB

Supersport:

As expected Michael Dunlop had his R6 with him and set the fastest time in Supersport. I would imagine he'll switch to that now and park the Triumph.

1. Michael Dunlop 126.917mph
    2. Jamie Coward 125.674
    3. Davey Todd 125.601
    4. James Hillier 125.483
    5. Dean Harrison 124.811

Name:  TT Q3 Supersport Dunlop.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  155.5 KB

Supertwin:

I didn't get to see much of the Supertwins but it looks like a lot of new fastest laps were set Wednesday.

1. Jamie Coward 119.285
    2. Peter Hickman 118.851
    3. Mike Browne 118.650
    4. Rob Hodson 118.163
    5. Dominic Herbertson 117.690

Name:  TT Q3 Supertwin Coward.jpg
Size:  146.4 KB

Sidecar:

It was my bedtime so I didn't watch any of the Sidecars. Chris Schofield and Tom Dawkins crashed at Bishopscourt and the session was red flagged. Dawkins has already been released from hospital with some cuts and bruises. Schofield is still in hospital with 2 punctured lungs, a lacerated liver and some other injuries but is well enough that he thanked the marshals and medics that helped them after the crash in a post on Facebook.

The Crowes are still the fastest but Ben Birchall and Kevin Rousseau are coming along nicely.

1. Ryan Crowe / Callum Crowe 118.814mph
    2. Ben Birchall / Kevin Rousseau 118.271
    3. Pete Founds / Jevan Walmsley 117.837
    4. Tim Reeves / Mark Wilkes 113.597
    5. Lee Crawford / Scott Hardie 112.987

Name:  TT Q3 Sidecar Crowe Crowe.jpg
Size:  125.1 KB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT Qualifying Day 4

All sessions cancelled today due to a traffic accident on the mountain section of the course. Remember the TT course is a public roadway and is open to the public before and after qualifying/races. Instead of pictures here's an onboard lap with Davey Todd. I assume this is his Superstock bike since there's a speedometer on the dashboard.

2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT Qualifying Day 5

Superbike:

Times are getting faster as the top 19 riders set their fastest times today. It looks like Michael Dunlop is sticking with his 2023 Fireblade. Dean Harrison must be getting more comfortable on the 2024 Fireblade as he's in the top 5 now. Mike Browne is 9th on his Aprilia at 129.171 so that's good. I don't know what it'll be like over 6 laps but at least it's fast over 1 lap. I'd been hoping for better from Conor Cummins, down in 13th in Superbike and 9th in Superstock. The place would go wild if Cummins could get a win but it looks like he's got some work to do if it's going to be on the big bikes.

1. Davey Todd 133.942mph
    2. Peter Hickman 133.851
    3. Michael Dunlop 132.728
    4. Dean Harrison 132.596
    5. Josh Brookes 131.509

Name:  TT Q5 Superbike Todd.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  1.46 MB

Superstock:

Has Peter Hickman been sandbagging all week, or did he finally find a setup he likes? He set the fastest overall lap Friday, the only one into the 134s. Ian Hutchinson is down in 20th at 126.902mph. It's not slow, especially for a guy who hasn't been healthy and competitive since 2017, but he said he'll retire if he's not close enough to win this year.

1. Peter Hickman 134.638mph
    2. Davey Todd 132.976
    3. Michael Dunlop 132.674
    4. Dean Harrison 131.293
    5. James Hillier 130.048

Name:  TT Q5 Superstock Hickman.jpg
Size:  1.78 MB

Supersport:

Michael Dunlop has definitely made the switch from Triumph to Yamaha. In an event where riders commonly compete in 2 or more classes, switching manufacturers within the class mid-week is still an unusual move. It's not the first time he's done it though, going from Yamaha to BMW in the Superbike and Superstock classes in 2015. Jamie Coward and Davey Todd aren't going to just let him have it though as they're close. And Peter Hickman isn't far off either, at 7th and still in the 125s. Craig Neve had a crash at Greeba, and his team has posted that he's okay but isn't listed as a starter for tomorrow's race. Neither is Gary Johnson who withdrew from the TT just before it started.

1. Michael Dunlop 127.649mph
    2. Jamie Coward 127.210
    3. Davey Todd 127.062
    4. James Hind 125.833
    5. James Hillier 125.483

Name:  TT Q5 Supersport Dunlop.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  104.0 KB

Supertwin:

Michael Dunlop also led the Supertwin class. This class will see some different names at the top of the leaderboard on race day. They're small bikes and maybe the most expensive, since the rules allow for a lot of modification and tuning. It results in riders and teams who specialize in the class, mixed in with some of the top names from the bigger classes.

1. Michael Dunlop 121.882mph
    2. Peter Hickman 120.885
    3. Jamie Coward 120.378
    4. Dominic Herbertson 120.036
    5. Davey Todd 119.259

Name:  TT Q5 Supertwin Dunlop.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  91.1 KB

Sidecars:

It's still Ryan and Callum Crowe at the top. Ben Birchall and Kevin Rousseau had a crash at the Mountain Box during the morning session. Both are okay, great news considering it was probably a 130mph crash. It doesn't sound like the bike is in too good of shape though and it's not certain that they'll have it fixed to start tomorrow's race. Dave Molyneux isn't having any luck this year either, with a fastest lap at 110mph. It seems like any time you hear his name during the broadcast, it's followed by "stopped for adjustments."

1. Ryan Crowe / Callum Crowe 119.191mph
    2. Ben Birchall / Kevin Rousseau 118.271
    3. Pete Founds / Jevan Walmsley 117.837
    4. Tim Reeves / Mark Wilkes 115.260
    5. Alan Founds / Rhys Gibbons 114.605

Name:  TT Q5 Sidecar Crowe Crowe.jpg
Size:  1.19 MB

There'll be one more 2-lap qualifying session tomorrow morning for the Superbike and Superstocks, and then the races begin.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT - Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 1

Finally the first day of race week. Dean Harrison led early on with pressure from Davey Todd, but Michael Dunlop was ahead on lap 2 and pushed on to win his record-tying 26th TT, equaling his late uncle Joey Dunlop. Todd finished 2nd which I think is his best result so far and proved his Ducati was up to the task. Harrison finished 3rd on his debut with Honda which he has to be happy about. James Hillier was 4th and James Hind had a great race finishing 5th. Dunlop made the right choice switching from Triumph to Yamaha, and speaking of Triumph, I don't know what happened to Peter Hickman but he finished down in 9th. I think they said during the broadcast that this is his first time off the Supersport podium since 2016.

There was a Sidecar race yesterday too but it looks like they're having problems with the streaming site so I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Name:  TT Supersport 1 Dunlop.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  385.9 KB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Moto GP Gran Premio d’Italia Brembo - Sprint Race

It's a busy weekend for racing with the TT, MotoGP and MotoAmerica.

Ducati was supposed to make their announcement for 2025 at Mugello, but now they're not going to. So we'll have to wait and see who they sign as their second rider.

Francesco Bagnaia made amends for his mistake at Catalunya, winning the sprint race ahead of Marc Marquez, Pedro Acosta, Franco Morbidelli and Maverick Vinales. Jorge Martin got together with Enea Bastianini with Bastianini crashing out, and then Martin himself crashed out.

The GP race is on right now but I have to go to work.

Name:  Bagnaia Mugello Sprint.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  646.2 KB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

3wheeling.media Sidecar TT Race 1

As I wondered about, Ben Birchall and Kevin Rousseau didn't start the race after a crash in practice and Ryan and Callum Crowe took full advantage of their momentum built in practice week. It was a little close on the first lap but they put the hammer down on laps 2 and 3 to take their first TT win. Pete Founds and Jevan Walmsley finished 2nd, Pete's brother Alan Founds and Rhys Gibbons finished 3rd, Lewis Blackstock and Patrick Rosney finished 4th and Lee Crawford and Scott Hardie finished 5th.

Name:  TT Sidecar 1 Crowe Crowe.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1.23 MB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Moto GP Gran Premio d’Italia Brembo

I was bored to tears and fast forwarded through a lot of this race. I think there were two passes for position in the top 7 in the last 2/3 of the race. Francesco Bagnaia won with a special livery as a tribute to someone or something. Enea Bastianini passed Jorge Martin in the last corner to take 2nd, adding a little excitement. Marc Marquez was 4th and Pedro Acosta 5th.

Name:  Bagnaia Mugello GP.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  463.7 KB

MotoGP Standings after Mugello:

1. Jorge Martin (Prima Pramac Racing) 171
    2. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) 153
    3. Marc Marquez (Gresini Racing MotoGP) 136
    4. Enea Bastianini (Ducati Lenovo Team) 114
    5. Pedro Acosta (Red Bull GASGAS Tech3) 101
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Isle of Man TT - RST Superbike TT

I was not bored to tears during this race. Michael Dunlop was the man to beat, setting a Superbike lap record of 135.543mph on lap 2, including time spent slowing down into the pits. On lap 4 Dunlop led by 25 seconds, with another 135mph lap entering the pits, and then it all went wrong. Riders either change visors with a new set of tear offs, or change helmets completely. The risk with a visor change is the visor not being secured, and Dunlop had to pull off after leaving the pits to start lap 5. He took his gloves off, took his helmet off, fixed the issue, got everything back on and reentered the race 30 seconds off the lead. Dean Harrison inherited the lead but Peter Hickman, who on lap 4 looked like he was off the podium, was on the charge. Hickman finished lap 6 with a 135mph of his own to win his 14th TT. Davey Todd finished 2nd, beating Dunlop's lap record with a 135.664. Harrison finished 3rd. Dunlop ended the race in 4th, 26 seconds or so behind Hickman, setting another lap record of 135.970. James Hillier held on to finish 5th.

Name:  TT Superbike Hickman.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  1.53 MB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

MotoAmerica Superbikes at Road America

The last of the racing for the weekend. MotoAmerica is hilarious and races in conditions that I don't even think British Superbikes would race in, and that's a country where it rains all the time. It was absolutely pouring in race 1 and bikes were hydroplaning all over. Sean Dylan Kelly, Xavi Fores and Cameron Beaubier all crashed, with Beaubier breaking his right heel. Cameron Petersen passed Jake Gagne in the last corner and just crossed the line 0.004 seconds ahead of him. Loris Baz was 3rd, JD Beach 4th and Brandon Paasch 5th.

Name:  MotoAmerica Road America 1 Petersen.png
Views: 28
Size:  1.24 MB

Race 2 was without Beaubier, and in dry conditions. Josh Herrin ran away with it, followed by Bobby Fong, JD Beach, Loris Baz and Jake Gagne. Sean Dylan Kelly broke the shifter linkage or something on his bike on the last lap coming out of Canada corner in second place, and limped it to the line to finish 6th.

Name:  MotoAmerica Road America 2 Herrin.png
Views: 28
Size:  1,010.6 KB

I've had to resort to screenshots of the races since nobody anywhere posts pictures of the race winning bikes.

MotoAmerica Standings after Road America:

1. Jake Gagne (Attack Performance Yamaha - Yamaha) 113
    2. Cameron Beaubier (Tytlers Cycle Racing - BMW) 95
    3. Bobby Fong (Wrench Motorcycles - Yamaha) 88
    4. Cameron Petersen (Attack Performance Yamaha - Yamaha) 83
    5. Sean Dylan Kelly (TopPro Racing Team - BMW) 83

Next 4 Weeks:

June 4 - RL360 Superstock TT Race 1
    June 4 - Metzeler Supertwin TT Race 1
    June 5 - 3wheeling.media Sidecar TT Race 2
    June 5 - Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 2
    June 7 - PE Superstock TT Race 2
    June 7 - Entire Cover insurance Supertwin TT Race 2
    June 8 - Milwaukee Senior TT
    June 29-30 – MotoGP Motul TT Assen – TT Circuit Assen
    June 29-30 – MotoAmerica Superbikes at The Ridge Motorsports Park – The Ridge Motorsports Park
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast