Quantcast
Motorcycle Racing 2024 - MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, MotoAmerica, TT - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Motorcycle Racing 2024 - MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, MotoAmerica, TT

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

World Superbike Acerbis Italian Round

Imagine winning 13 races in a row and not winning the championship. That's going to be Toprak Razgatlioglu, still out after that crash at Magny-Cours, with Nicolo Bulega only 55 points behind him. Jonathan Rea is still out as well. The race was red flagged for what I think they called in the broadcast a "technical issue". I don't know what that means, but it was over 2/3 of race distance so it was declared a result and Danilo Petrucci won his first WSBK race. Bulega was 2nd, tightening up the championship standings. Alvaro Bautista was 3rd, Iker Lecuona was 4th in another good race for Honda and Axel Bassani was 5th. Nicolo Canepa filled in for Rea but crashed out. A German rider, Markus Reiterberger, who I've never heard of, filled in for Razgatlioglu and finished 14th. Tommy Bridewell was 18th.

Something that'll probably surprise you as much as it did me is Ryan Vickers is moving to Team Motocorsa Racing next year, taking Michael Ruben Rinaldi's spot. He's a guy who's been crashing a lot of bikes this season. It got him skidded from FHO Racing, and when I saw the news he wasn't returning to OMG GRILLA Yamaha next year I assumed it got him skidded from there too. But somehow he's failed up and is moving from BSB to WSBK. It's funny if they had to pick a BSB rider they'd pick him over half a dozen other riders - Bridewell, Glenn Irwin, Kyle Ryde, Rory Skinner, even a guy like Christian Iddon or Josh Brookes who's out of a ride next year if you believe the rumors. Or someone from Moto2 like Joe Roberts or Jake Dixon. I didn't think Vickers was impressive enough this season to warrant a move like this, but nobody is asking me to run a race team so what do I know.

Name:  Petrucci Cremona 1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  153.4 KB
    2024 Chevy Silveraydo 3500 Duramax
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

MotoGP Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix

MotoGP is on this weekend too, and other than a pass for the lead about halfway through today's sprint race I couldn't tell you anything about it. Misano sucks. I think we got lucky it rained last time. Francesco Bagnaia won, Jorge Martin was 2nd, Enea Bastianini was 3rd, Marc Marquez was 4th and Pedro Acosta was 5th. The GP race is tomorrow and then we're done with this fuckin track for a year.

Jack Miller signed a one year deal with Pramac Yamaha for next year, so that's the grid sorted. r/motogp hates that. The perfect grid for them would be 11 Spaniards and 11 Italians. It was funny, there was one Miguel Oliveira fan talking about how Miller doesn't deserve to stay in MotoGP because he's underperformed in his 2 years at KTM. Meanwhile, Oliveira has done exactly fuck all. Good for Miller. He's probably better at developing bikes than people give him credit for and I think he'll be more valuable to Yamaha than a rookie from Moto2 would be. Especially if they're able to get their V4 engine built, since they're the last ones running an I4. What's Sergio Garcia going to know about that? Nothing.

Name:  Bagnaia Misano Sprint.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  506.7 KB
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

MotoGP Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix

Today was a much more tense day than yesterday. Jorge Martin and Francesco Bagnaia again were 1-2 like they've been all season, but about halfway through the race Bagania crashed out. Enea Bastianini kept the pressure on Martin and on the last lap ran a dive bomb on him. I don't know how he wasn't penalized for it because they both ran off the track, but he wasn't and Bastianini made it back to the line first. Martin took finishing 2nd pretty well, I'd imagine helped out by Bagnaia crashing out. Marc Marquez was 3rd, Marco Bezzecchi was 4th and Franco Morbidelli was 5th.

Fuckin Mute Matt Birt, the worst sports commentator known to mankind, referred to Bastianini by his nickname, "the Beast", 17 times in a 27 lap race. I switched to the non-commentary feed for a while but when it looked like Bastianini had a real chance at winning I had to go back and watch the whole thing from the start. From the green flag to the checkered, 17 times. The color man Louis Suddaby added 2 Beasts of his own.

The Moto2 race was pretty entertaining too. Tony Arbolino had it won with 3 corners to go but he fucked it, and then Aron Canet had it won with 1 corner to go but he fucked it, and Celestino Vietti stole the win on the run out of the last corner to the line.

Name:  Bastianini Misano GP.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  430.8 KB

MotoGP Standings after Misano:

1. Jorge Martin (Prima Pramac Racing) 341
    2. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) 317
    3. Enea Bastianini (Ducati Lenovo Team) 282
    4. Marc Marquez (Gresini Racing MotoGP) 281
    5. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) 165
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

World Superbike Acerbis Italian Round

Danilo Petrucci backed up yesterday's win with 2 more today, first in the Superpole race over Alex Lowes, Andrea Iannone, Nicolo Bulega and Iker Lecuona, and then in Race 2 over Alvaro Bautista, Bulega, Garrett Gerloff and Lowes. Despite Petrucci's dominance this was a real fun weekend with lots of racing going on further back in the top 10, and TV direction not afraid to show it. Another good weekend for Honda, and Toprak Razgatlioglu holds on to his championship lead. Hopefully he's back next weekend at Aragon because Bulega has done well, but compared to what Razgatlioglu has done you wouldn't call Bulega's season championship-worthy.

Name:  Petrucci Cremona Superpole.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  208.4 KB

World Superbike Standings after Cremona:

1. Toprak Razgatlioglu (ROKiT BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team) 365
    2. Nicolo Bulega (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) 352
    3. Αlvaro Bautista (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati) 283
    4. Alex Lowes (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) 255
    5. Danilo Petrucci (Barni Spark Racing Team) 252

Next 4 Weeks:

September 28-29 – MotoGP Pertamina Grand Prix of Indonesia – Pertamina Mandalika Circuit
    September 28-29 – World Superbike Tissot Aragon Round – MotorLand Aragon
    September 28-29 – British Superbikes Round 10 – Donington Park
    September 28-29 – MotoAmerica Superbikes at New Jersey – New Jersey Motorsports Park
    October 5-6 – MotoGP Motul Grand Prix of Japan – Mobility Resort Motegi
    October 12-13 – British Superbikes Round 11 – Brands Hatch
    October 19-20 – MotoGP Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix – Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
    October 19-20 – World Superbike Prometeon Spanish Round – Circuito de Jerez - Angel Nieto
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    *The First*

LoL at shitty announcers. That reminds me of that terrible Canucks announcer that everyone creamed their pants over in the 90's who would say "PahVelle BooRay - The Russian Rocket" just 7 or 8 thousand times per game.

Have you been to any live races? Where would the closest place a guy could go for that?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LoL at shitty announcers. That reminds me of that terrible Canucks announcer that everyone creamed their pants over in the 90's who would say "PahVelle BooRay - The Russian Rocket" just 7 or 8 thousand times per game.

Have you been to any live races? Where would the closest place a guy could go for that?
    I'ven't been to any live races. The closest for gentlemen like us would be COTA.

Hopefully next year (but at the speed I go probably not), I want to go to the TT. I have to go at some point and I want to go for the full 2 weeks.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8