Quantcast
Good Honda Mechanic - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Good Honda Mechanic

Default Good Honda Mechanic

Ended up 'not' buying a JDM but rather bought me an odyssey.

Though it was an inspected, and only has 132K km, just to give her an overhaul, I would like to get the following done for my own confidence:

Waterpump/Timing belt
    standard fluids: brakes, power steering
    spark plugs
    transmission fluid drain/fill (not flush)
    Verify all accessories/belt condition

to be proactive on this thing, knowing the J series and tranny can run >400K, I intend on doing 5K intervals for oil, and doing the trans drain/fill (likely myself later) around the same.

As I don't have the time to do this type of service myself, though its quite intuitive, can anyone recommend a 'good' mechanic? I know my dad has had pretty good experience with his toyota at Balance, but I also heard Hu's is maybe one of the best.

My Ride
    V8s

+1 for Balance. Idk if he's still around, but Paz Auto was good for Hondas as well.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Sent a buddy with his Rav4 to Hu's for brakes.
    Came back twice from Hu's with squealing, and the guy was giving him the runaround about being sick / on vacation etc.

Maybe buddy just had bad luck? Everyone else I heard from (albeit only 3 ppl) have loved Hu's

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Well all I can say is balance did a quick and efficient oil change on my MDX..

Also glad you just got a normal Odyssey and not a jdm. Your family probably will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +1 for Balance. Idk if he's still around, but Paz Auto was good for Hondas as well.
    thanks fellas.

got a hold of Paz and their shop pricing and use of Honda exclusive parts for bigger jobs (timing belt/water pump) seem to be the best.

Though I didn't get the name, he gave me alot of confidence in what he recommends to keep the J series motor and transmission running as long as possible, as well seems to know the Odyssey things really well (sliding door rollers, lift tailgate etc..)

Will be brining it in next Wednesday.

My Ride
    G37X

I wasn't too impressed with Hu's when I contacted them about replacing a cylinder head on my 3.7 Acura TL (due to excess oil consumption/pistons.)

They didn't seem interested in doing the job despite the $$$ book time. Asked them twice over the span of 2 years as maybe I'd caught them at a bad time.

Turning away a more challenging job is a bad look for a shop imo. Replacing a cylinder head is surely a pain with transverse mounting, but within the realm of what a shop should be capable of doing for a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    went to Paz. Pete there has alot of honda certs on the wall just like Hus, and he got the work I needed done quite quickly.

Basically he said, no worries to the plugs, wait until the valve adjustments are needed in a about a years time, did a transmission drain/fill, timing chain/water pump replacement and gave me a clean bill of health.

No upselling at all... just kept saying, don't worry about anything else, its in great shape.

Prices are more than fair as at least even with the fluid, water pump and tensioner kit, he only uses Honda parts and it still came in cheaper than the others by a little bit.