Quantcast
Hockey? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hockey?

Default Hockey?

So who out there plays hockey or has played hockey?

I have played for 12 years and coached PeeWee level for one year.
    I am now retired to the beer leagues after my accident a couple years ago.
    Career highlights, playing as "Team Alberta" in Vancouver after winning the provincial and city championship here in Calgary in Bantam A in 1999

Reason I ask is that if there is enough interest we may be able to rent some ice somewhere one night and play some hockey, or just join up for some outdoor!

Dave.

i love hockey!

i just play roller hockey though
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

We (and a number of friends) rent ice in the NW once a week to play for fun, but the price of the ice has increased this year and it costs too much to play. If you can find a place with cheap ice on Friday nights we will go for sure. There are about 15 of us ranging from no experience to AA.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

i play hockey, but i suck! there is always mckenzie lake, if i can get a few friends together for the winter, we could possibly play hockey there for free (the lake fees rape you hardcore ) but i will look into it and see what i can come up with....

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I'm game! (pun intended)
    Travel

I'm a goalie. Been playing off an on in that position for 9 years now. I play for a university intramural ice hockey team and for 2 floor hockey teams. It sucks though cause they just moved floor hockey to the other side of the city here because of the stupid new gym floor! FUCK YOU U OF L!!!!!!!

Anyway, whenever I'm headed to Calgary I can bring my gear out and play goal with you guys! But only if there's a for sure meet where a few ppl show up.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

there is a good rink in beddington...

my brother and his friends play there all the time.
    they said the ice is smooth and well-maintained.
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

Originally posted by Fuji
    We (and a number of friends) rent ice in the NW once a week to play for fun, but the price of the ice has increased this year and it costs too much to play. If you can find a place with cheap ice on Friday nights we will go for sure. There are about 15 of us ranging from no experience to AA.
    Is that session run by a guy named Tommy? If so I was gonna come out to that at one time, but weekends are bad for me

My Ride
    93 Prelude SR-V

I played hockey through tyke up to two years ago age of 19 now.... When I went to hit a guy real low and broke my collar bone hitting the guy, he was coming down with his elbow and it hit and just snapped.....

At first I didn't realize it, I just skated off went damn that kinda hurt.. Goto take a drink from a water bottle, and I couldnt' lift it with my left arm... Im like wtf, try again.... Can't lift my arm at all..... I go into the dressing room real quick (weird bench dressing rooms come right out onto teams benches) Take a look at myself in the bathroom, and I got this huge buldge on my collar bone, I go dad take a look at this what do you think (He was co-coaching at the time) I think its broken...

Does it hurt?

Not really.....

Well it looks broken... better goto hospital.

Originally posted by ancient
    I played hockey through tyke up to two years ago age of 19 now.... When I went to hit a guy real low and broke my collar bone hitting the guy, he was coming down with his elbow and it hit and just snapped.....

At first I didn't realize it, I just skated off went damn that kinda hurt.. Goto take a drink from a water bottle, and I couldnt' lift it with my left arm... Im like wtf, try again.... Can't lift my arm at all..... I go into the dressing room real quick (weird bench dressing rooms come right out onto teams benches) Take a look at myself in the bathroom, and I got this huge buldge on my collar bone, I go dad take a look at this what do you think (He was co-coaching at the time) I think its broken...

Does it hurt?

Not really.....

Who did you play for?

Ouch! I've never broken anything from hockey. Didn't wear a lexan neck guard until last year, that was dumb as I could have easily got my collarbone broken or my throat chrushed.

For a pretty funny story of what happened to me in hockey last week, read this: http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...threadid=58980
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    93 Prelude SR-V

I played with Bow Valley in division 1 pretty much my whole time playing, I never tried out for anything serious has the dedication for the Buffs or Royals was always too high for my liking.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

damn...i used to play goalie, and just reading your other thread ranger brought back really bad memories...i cringed just from reading it....

Originally posted by ancient

Does it hurt?

Not really.....

I never had a hockey injury per say, but realized I had a back problem whilst playing hockey.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

what i do doesnt qualify as hockey, but i'd play
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    JDM DC2

I'm in , you can get ice at southland on sundaynights after 11pm for $70 an hour. Or even early morning for the same price. It's good ice.

im in although like gavin said what i play isnt classified as hockey

should take a look at the rinks in citadel and hamptons ...they are both full size and maintained very well

oh and they're FREE too

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
    should take a look at the rinks in citadel and hamptons ...they are both full size and maintained very well

oh and they're FREE too

I am always up there come winter

My Ride
    01 330i

I played for about 12-13 years or so... I was playing minor bantam for the buffs, but for major and midget played community for mid-sun (realized that I wasn't going to go anywhere so didn't want it to be my life) I would be in if the ice wasn't way the hell up North; somewhere more central would be better.