Quantcast
New year yellow corvette - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New year yellow corvette

My Ride
    black bow tie

Default New year yellow corvette

This is what everyone gots to see....
    I was in Northland mall waiting for my friend to finish up with his hair appointment. When i decided i should stroll around the mall looking for anything interesting. I walk buy a open part and look in as i see all the new Chevy vehicles... The one Vehicle that spotted my eye was the New Corvette Z06... thats when i knew i feel in love... only wish i had 80 000$$$$$...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Default Re: New year yellow corvette

Originally posted by CavZ24
    This is what everyone gots to see....
    I was in Northland mall waiting for my friend to finish up with his hair appointment. When i decided i should stroll around the mall looking for anything interesting. I walk buy a open part and look in as i see all the new Chevy vehicles... The one Vehicle that spotted my eye was the New Corvette Z06... thats when i knew i feel in love... only wish i had 80 000$$$$$...

So, let me get this strait...you were waiting for your friend at the hair salon??...j/k...

Yeah the new Vettes are a sexy sexy whip...as the kids call them nowadays...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    1977 honda accord

the new vette is nice looking but i know of a car that can stomp it for under less than half the price try the wrx sti...dude up the road has one..well two houses up..and that mutha can fly!!! just thought you might want to know cause i really want one

oh and talking about slave cylinders for the clutch...where could i git one for a 1977 honda accord???cause uhh. i think i might need one cause 1st 2nd and 3rd gear is nicely shifting and the 4th and 5th is kinda blahhhhed out..?? and it cant be the clutch cause the trans and cluthc was replaced about 9,000 miles ago..so if you have info PM please!

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

wow I've yet to see a yellow corvette

sorry had to...

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Yes .. they are nice .. and for $70 K .. is a bargain .. but .. they are everywhere .... nothing really special yeah ..
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    pedals

maybe he means C6??? cause that would be cool to see...??? but maybe he is in highschool. that could be the other reason! haha

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by hjr
    maybe he means C6??? cause that would be cool to see...??? but maybe he is in highschool. that could be the other reason! haha
    More like junior high

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by mota20
    the new vette is nice looking but i know of a car that can stomp it for under less than half the price try the wrx sti...dude up the road has one..well two houses up..and that mutha can fly!!! just thought you might want to know cause i really want one
    Sorry dude, the z06 is leaps and bounds faster than the STI Also, its not close to less than half the price. STI is 52k msrp, z06 around 80k.

Originally posted by hjr
    I thought maybe he meant that too, but there will be no C6 z06 until at least the 2nd year of C6's

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

no c6's yet in cal.... yellow is boring, the new lemans special is a nice z06, with a cf hood for you ricers
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

Originally posted by googe

Sorry dude, the z06 is leaps and bounds faster than the STI Also, its not close to less than half the price. STI is 52k msrp, z06 around 80k.

Well the Z06 is faster but not by much for the price difference, I hate to be a mag racer, but C&D times for each:

STi 0-60 4.6s
    Z06 0-60 4.0s

Not sure where the STi MSRP's for 52K, but if you look on the Subaru Canada website it MSRP's for $46,995. The Corvette Z06 MSRP's for $77,440 in Canada. So for a ~30K price difference?! I'd take the STi, plus it has AWD as well, that would be great for Canadian Winters And if you didn't want to take it out in winter, you've just saved 30K to buy a decent winter beater!

Of course the Corvette IMO does look better, but just because a) I Love Coupes b) I prefer the sleek clean look over the huge hood scoop and spoiler even though they are functional.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by Orbie

Well the Z06 is faster but not by much for the price difference, I hate to be a mag racer, but C&D times for each:

STi 0-60 4.6s
    Z06 0-60 4.0s
    0.6 is a pretty huge difference when talking about 4 second 0-60 times, especially when you consider the z06 is accomplishing that with RWD. Once it hooks up, it will put an STI to shame on any length of track long enough to reach more than 30mph...

Not sure where the STi MSRP's for 52K, but if you look on the Subaru Canada website it MSRP's for $46,995. The Corvette Z06 MSRP's for $77,440 in Canada.

Sorry, I meant after tax + delivery etc. The STi comes to 52 after everything. The z06 about 80 after everything.

So for a ~30K price difference?! I'd take the STi, plus it has AWD as well, that would be great for Canadian Winters And if you didn't want to take it out in winter, you've just saved 30K to buy a decent winter beater!

Fair enough. Dont get me wrong, its a fun car. I love it in the winter. Its personal preference and opinion. All Im saying is that a stock STI will never beat a stock z06 on anything besides snow or gravel The z06 is faster, but the better value is up to the buyer to decide.

i hope hes talking about a C6 Zo6, that would be a treat, but the poor newb is probly only talking about the C5.... *sigh

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

He is talking about the C5 ahah i Saw it there too

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

he he .. come on . stop compare the STI to Z06 ...

why ? and what is the point ? Ok ..this time .. you say.. I saved $30K on the STI, to get a half second slower car .. then a domestic fan will say, " oh shit, I won't waste the money for a STI, I will save $20K for a neon Turbo .. " after that .. someone will say, " come on, I will spend $10,000 on a used 300ZX, and spend $10,000 on it .. and it goes faster ! "

you are not buying the car .. or selling the car .. so .. whatever $80K to buy a Z06, or $80K for a "slow" CLK 320 ...

Just like when I see a magazine, compare a Z06 to a 996 Turbo .. a $80,000 car .. vs a $200,000 car .. for less then half the money, the Z06 is only 1/3 second slower .... what a bargain as well .. but at the end of the day, it is just a GM, not a Porsche ... ( but then, for $200K, 996 Turbo is alos much faster and "cheaper" then a $450K 575M .. )

Sti ? at the end of the day, just a fast car, not a Vette.
    so .. I don't think it makes sense for :

Neon vs Sti vs Vette vs Porsche vs Ferrai .. etc ...

are they good ? yes .. they all good .. at their price !
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by C4S
    he he .. come on . stop compare the STI to Z06 ...

why ? and what is the point ? Ok ..this time .. you say.. I saved $30K on the STI, to get a half second slower car .. then a domestic fan will say, " oh shit, I won't waste the money for a STI, I will save $20K for a neon Turbo .. " after that .. someone will say, " come on, I will spend $10,000 on a used 300ZX, and spend $10,000 on it .. and it goes faster ! "

you are not buying the car .. or selling the car .. so .. whatever $80K to buy a Z06, or $80K for a "slow" CLK 320 ...

Just like when I see a magazine, compare a Z06 to a 996 Turbo .. a $80,000 car .. vs a $200,000 car .. for less then half the money, the Z06 is only 1/3 second slower .... what a bargain as well .. but at the end of the day, it is just a GM, not a Porsche ... ( but then, for $200K, 996 Turbo is alos much faster and "cheaper" then a $450K 575M .. )

Sti ? at the end of the day, just a fast car, not a Vette.
    so .. I don't think it makes sense for :

Neon vs Sti vs Vette vs Porsche vs Ferrai .. etc ...

are they good ? yes .. they all good .. at their price !
    Haha, well said. The cost/performance argument gets dumb really quickly. That gutted grocery getter was faster than the lamborghini diablo last summer, and Im sure it didnt cost much at all in comparison. Hmmm...which is better......

My Ride
    GTI

lol, you're a little off on your prices there C4S. Good points though.

The C6 Z06 won't be out for at least a year after the first C6 hits the market, but the base C6 isn't a joke, I think I read close to 400hp for it, and 500 for the Z06, I did a lot of reading though so I wouldn't be surprised if my numbers are askew.

^your forgetting the o-so-lmited ZL1 version (twin-turbo), that might just be hear-say, but it sounds like a beast

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Originally posted by googe

Fair enough. Dont get me wrong, its a fun car. I love it in the winter. Its personal preference and opinion. All Im saying is that a stock STI will never beat a stock z06 on anything besides snow or gravel The z06 is faster, but the better value is up to the buyer to decide.
    Man, I just noticed that you own an STi...now I think it's more a matter of what you have. Most of us with cars not even close to the 4 s range, look at your car or a Z06 for that matter and think, that's a fast car. But I guess if you have one then it's not as impressive

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Originally posted by Hakkola
    lol, you're a little off on your prices there C4S. Good points though.
    The C6 Z06 won't be out for at least a year after the first C6 hits the market, but the base C6 isn't a joke, I think I read close to 400hp for it, and 500 for the Z06, I did a lot of reading though so I wouldn't be surprised if my numbers are askew.
    I am talking Cad $ .. exact amount of money is not important, (I think I am close !) Anyway, a Vette is way way more expensive then a Sti, and a Sti is way more then a neon, a Porsche is so much more expensive then a Vette .. and a Ferrari is even in crazy money !

why dont' we compare a sport bike for $20K to a $50K Car next ?

I love the look of Vette, I like the performace of it, I love the status of it, and I think the price is fair,I love everything of it !resale value is sky high too ! I want one so much ... but .. will I buy one even I have the money ? NO, it is a GM, and I am a asian ....( yes, a FOB! lol )
    Last edited by C4S; 04-15-2004 at 03:27 PM.
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast