Quantcast
Canadian Tire a rip off...READ!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Tire a rip off...READ!!

My Ride
    1995 Acura Integra LS (4DR)

Exclamation Canadian Tire a rip off...READ!!

me and my friend went to Canadian Tire today (Monday) looking for Halogan car bulbs and overheard a guy yelling at the clerk so we went closer to listen to what was going on....apparently this man was ripped offed big time...and yes I mean BIG TIME...his bill of sale after the job was done was $1200 for brake change and oil change...and then I heard the clerk tell the gentleman that it was actually $1000!....the charges were $50 for the oil change and $750 for the brakes....the clerk actually gave a excuse that his car was a special one and there was more work needed to be done to take the brakes out or something like that.....we left at that point and don't know what happened later...

But I guess that was the guys last time to have his car serviced at Canadian Tire and I guess he will pass it on to his friends and relatives....

I will never go to Canadian Tire (Crappy Tire as they call it) to have my car serviced...ever....they rip u off....got my brakes done for $120 (front) at a Chinese place....

Just want to pass this on to u guys....
    making it up as I go along....

My Ride
    NC1

I paid $750 for a full complete front/rear rotors, pads, sensors, installation on my 323I from Calgary BMW. I know how that guy feels
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Haha, I have done many sets of brakes myself... SO much cheaper!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

canadian tire is CRAP, i wouldn't let them rotate my tires.

my buddy needed an alignment, so he went there. they refused to give the car back to hime "because the cv boots are cracked"

the only way he could get it back is if they fixed it for him. my buddy made a scene and told them to fuck themselves. upon inspecting the boots, they were fine, canadian tire was just trying to screw him over
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

JEEZUS!!!!!
    buy me a bottle of amaretto, and I'll change your front disk pads in 30 min!!!!

in just about any vehicle, as long as you supply the parts
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

crappy tire is the shit

When i worked their for like 3 weeks (thank god i got another job to replace that one) we had a guys car repairs for a bunch of shit...... so $300 for parts and something like 5 hours of labour. So they call the guy in to tell him its ready he comes in, gets his bill and sees this 5 hours of labour. He then asks me how its possible to do "5 hours" worth of work when he dropped his car off only 2 hours ago. (i was just a cashier) so i call the manager over and he says " well... um.... we had our lead tech guy do all the work and he just works fast blah blah blah."

complete bullshit

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Well that happens all the time - you can have a job rated at 8 hours but if you have 2 guys working on it, you can be done in 3.5 (its an average, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes shorter). 5 hrs done in 2 seems fishy though.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Khyron
    Well that happens all the time - you can have a job rated at 8 hours but if you have 2 guys working on it, you can be done in 3.5 (its an average, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes shorter). 5 hrs done in 2 seems fishy though.

Khyron
    oh ya..... but his car was only at crappy tire for 2 hours or so..... thats not even in the shop the whole time.

They wouldnt time my old old old old car and tune the carb, with out me gettin a $800 full exaust system...
    than i get a starter for my blazer, get the good 4 year warrenty one... 2 days after the first starter it screwed, chewed my new fly wheel... go take it back , no probs got a new starter, 4 months later i split this starter right in half and they wouldnt warrenty it or anything... not to inclued other problems ive had with them in the past.... * AVOID CANADIAN TIRE westhills...*

My Ride
    pedals

they charge you book time in jobs like that. if a mechanic cannot beat book time they usually are not employeed there for very long. This applys to almost ALL shops.

BUT Cdn Tire can be complete crap, or a reasonable experience. i havent seen many people super impressed though. its generally the reasonable experience most people come away with. but every once in a while BS happens. Hopefully the people realizes its happening though and make a fuss.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by whitetrash101
    * AVOID CANADIAN TIRE westhills...*

um.... i think you meant to say

* AVOID CANADIAN TIRE. any location. *

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

when I was buying my sylvania superstars, some lady had windshield wiper blades replaced on her bmw for like, 35bucks or something like that.

Yea any canadian tire......

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

but at the same time, you cant blame a bad service store.. especially a big chain store.. the people that go there are rather less educated, and just go there for a reason. Im sure people go to the walmart mechanics shop to get things done.. little do they know, the employees that work there also happened to attend ernest manning highschool next door!

I think the chain stores are more convient if anything, but depending on the scope of work..

i do my brakes myself... that way i know that they are done properly... and it gives me a chance to re-pack and inspect the bearings.

The first time i took my car anywhere (i was 17) was the crappy tire. To make a long story short, I picked up my car after 3 days and like 1200$. They said okay go get your car, went to start it and it wouldn't turn.

Diagnosis= blown alternator, hey guys how did you manage to test drive my car before you gabe it to me.

Response=It was fine when we drove it, too bad my trip odometer still read 000.

Idiots, i will never go there again.

962 kid Guest

to canadian tire

Some students did a test, going across Canada with a van and loosening off one of the battery wires and bringing it to different shops. The Canadian tire on Mcleod trail by visions was the worst in canada, charged them 1200 dollars for a new alternator, battery, etc.

who knows his situation though if he was paying for every thing, pads, rotors, calipers. etc... last summer i paid 750$ for all 4 wheels to get new calipers, pads, discs, rotors, etc... that was from midus, but i couldnt complain, only place that could do them in one day, an di needed my car the next day to go to bc.

My Ride
    83 Mercedes Benz 300SD & 93 Ducati 888 & 71 Ducati

I despise canadian tire, so I won't even capitalize their name.

Their corporate policy is "Nyeh, each store is privately owned, and they can do what the owner wants, Take it up with them"

The stores are owned by avariced crooks whose credo seems to make PT Barnum look like a philanthropist. They will extract as much money from you as possible while performing as little service of value as possible.

My girlfriend took her old Sunbird in to can. tire, and they hit her up with a $75 "diagnostics fee" to tell her what she knew in the first place and asked them to do, that the wiper motor needed to be replaced.
    When she refused to pay, they cited the Mechanics Lien Act and kept her car hostage until she paid. We have since filed a complaint with the Department of Consumer and Corporate Affairs.

I haven't used them in nearly 20 years, however from what friends tell me they are not mechanics who posess diagnostic skills - they are drones who merely replace everything that they can until the mechanical malady goes away.

I will buy my parts and shop supplies from reputable stores like Lordco, Kal Tire, Mopac Auto Supply, V.A.P., and a few others whom I have reason to believe are straightforward, competent. and willing to take that extra step to earn your (my) business.

Boycott canadian tire! They are Crooks.
    Last edited by Ducati; 04-13-2004 at 10:18 AM.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

i can understand how the vehicle was in the shop for 2 hours and you get charged for 5, they do what most mechanics shops do, they charge by the book, so the faster the mechanic works, the more he gets paid, if he does a job that the book says should take 5 hours, in 2 hours, he gets paid 5 hours, so essentially a mechanic could get paid like 20 hours, for working 8 hours...

in some places this is good, because it makes the shop run more efficiently, but in some cases its bead because you get a few mechaincs that dont do the job properly, they just do it half assed just to get paid, and move on to the next vehicle...

i am in no way defending canadian tire, i have never got my vehicles serviced there, and never would (i do shop there occasionaly) (actually i have never taken any of my vehicles to any shop (the perks of having a licensed mnechanic for a brother (who also happens to be my landlord)))

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast