Quantcast
holy moley - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: holy moley

My Ride
    A beater.

Default holy moley

holy shit.

I can't believe I'm still alive with no broken bones after what happened this morning. We were on our way to Canmore this morning and the roads were kinda shitty. The fact I was up till 2 am this morning zonked me out just after I got into the van (it was an aerostar van) and the way I was sitting on the seat behind the front passenger seat, I was kinda rolled up in a ball with my back facing the door on the right. I was wearing my seatbelt and it was resting on my neck while I was taking a snooze.

There was a shit load of stuff like paint cans and air compressor beside me and in the back too. My foreman Scott were driving the van (I've never liked the way he drives) with my coworker in front of me. I was rudely awakened by a HUGE bump and the next thing I saw was the paint cans falling on me while I'm being pressed against the door. It happened so fast, I saw snow on the window, it was as if it looked like we hit a huge pile of snow. But then I looked out to the front, the van were sliding on its side (my side!) and my seat belt locked up so fast, I ended up being pinned to the seat then got thrown against the door while the paint cans started falling on me. We finally stopped and I felt some pain in my jaw, I immediately checked to see if there was any blood or whatever. I realized that I was okay, I was quite shaken up at this point, it was so weird seeing everything kinda all upside down outside.

We climbed out of the van after we managed to get the cans off me. It turns out Scott were trying to merge onto the high way when he lost control of the van, the tires just locked up on him and we started sliding sideways on the highway doing 100. We started going into the ditch and this is when I assume I woke up only to see us roll over when we reached the bottom of the ditch. Everyone is okay except for myself, I got knocked in the head pretty bad with the cans and my jaw got socked so there's a huge bruise on my jaw and a few chipped teeth too.

Things should have gone a lot worse than this but... holy shit, I will never forget what happened. I will never forget seeing the paint cans fly towards me (they were full too) and seeing us roll over on the side doing at least 80.

I know it's been nice outside and all that, but the weather has gone to shit again, so please be careful. Don't let this happen to you!

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Glad to hear you are OK man.

Now that you guys are all alive and somewhat well, you should taunt this Scott fucker with little annoying things for as long as you work with him.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    08 Acura CSX-S Gone:1991 DSM Laser / '96 VW Jetta

Holy! Gald to hear your ok!

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Shit! Good thing your ok man. The roads were shitty this morning.

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

Wow hope your jaw and head feels beter

My Ride
    A beater.

Yeah, I know! I think I'm going to take your advice and rag on Scott for it, but it kinda wasn't his fault. Yes, he shouldn't have been speeding but he was trying to merge, and he lost control. I don't know, it could have happened to anyone. Believe it or not, this is his second accident this year.... the big kahula was definitely pissed off at him and I think that's good enough for Scott.

Has anyone had something like this happen to you?

My Ride
    94' Terd

I slid from the top of the 17th ave bridge over crowchild sideways one night into the back of five cars. That sucked. Can't really blame anyone for it there was like a foot of fresh snow on the ground.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

ski trip in Quebec, buddy lost control while overtaking and we slid down a 45 foot steep embacment into a cliff face. The QX4 was nicely trashed and thank god the back hit first, I was drinking a bottle of red gatorade at the time which ended up showering the whole car including making it look as if everyone was bleeding for a split sec

good your okay and enjoy the next couple days

My Ride
    a wrx.

whoa that sucks, but its cool that u arent giving the guy shit when u totally could.

My Ride
    A beater.

Wowee, sounds like you guys had it a lot worse off than I did. At least nobody got hurt seriously, I'm glad to say that.

I wouldn't really give him shit for what happened, but I'd give him shit for speeding in weather like it was this morning. I think I'm going to pay the doc a visit in the morning just to make sure I'm okay and to get proof for the wcb in case I end up hurting a lot more later on. I've been screwed over by the wcb way too many times, I'm going to do this right this time!!!

My Ride
    1989 MG Metro

danm - close call!
    good to know that you didnt fuck yourself up! even if i dont know you
    Currently Ownz MG Metro 1989
    WITHOUT A SUNROOF!!!

- Xtremly rare.. even in general

Grad night I was speeding in my QX4 on my way home (4:00 AM) and was on the ramp from 14th st to Glemore (right by the resevoir) and i did a 360 on the ramp and ran into the rail. There was only cosmetic damage but if i had been any faster i would have gone through the rail, down 2 stories onto glenmore.

Now i go so slow on ramps... shoulda listened to mom.
    Last edited by mo_virgin; 04-15-2004 at 06:36 AM.

My Ride
    A beater.

Yea, the same thing happened to my boyfriend, he fell asleep behind the wheel and woke up when he felt a bump. He went over the curb just before you get to the bridge and started to jack around after he managed to get him back on the road. I was driving in my car in front of him when I saw the whole thing and that really scared the shit out of me. He kinda started drifting in the right lane and we looked right at each other when he passed my car. When he spun back foward he just sped all the way back home because it scared the shit out of him and he didn't want to do something stupid again. Now ever since the incident he drives slowly on bridges/ramps like that, especially the east glenmore ramp off crowchild. Tsk.

Originally posted by serusnak
    He kinda started drifting in the right lane and we looked right at each other when he passed my car.
    Hahah... sounds like its out of a movie

My Ride
    83 Mercedes Benz 300SD & 93 Ducati 888 & 71 Ducati

I recall a similar event once. The only difference was that the van that I was sleeping in was full of musical equipment and when we went off the road the Leslie Cabinet fell on me.
    Squash!
    Leslie Cabinets are Fukking heavy.

Things are always falling on me in my sleep. On another occasion some bozo wheelied his bike over my tent, but thats a story for another post.

My Ride
    A beater.

No! My car has gotten hit by a handicap bus because he ran the red light. Then he has the nerve to (try) suing me because of the injuries he claimed three months later while I claimed mine the day of the accident. Sigh, the world's full of morons who will sue anything that moves.

My Ride

How could he sue? What was his "cause of action"? He was at fault.
    That would have been some interesting paper to read. Too bad it likely cost you a trip to the lawyer.

did you even get minor scratchs or even brusies?

My Ride
    A beater.

Well, it's kinda a long story. It happened by the ymca in crowfoot and I was yielding to the light waiting to turn into the crowfoot strip mall area. The light turned yellow and I was turning to get out of the intersection, thinking the bus would stop at the red light but no, he sped up and rammed into my right quarter panel. It was a old grand prix, so it got a pretty nice dent there. The bus had minor damage, just to the head light and grill. I got a ticket for an unsafe left turn while the driver got a red light ticket. My neck were pretty sore and I had a headache, so I went to the hospital and they told me I had a concussion and a mild case of whiplash (even though it landed me in physio for three months)

I phoned my insurance and told them about the accident and told them about my injuries as well as when I filled out my accident statement I stated my injuries. The bus driver, on the other hand, said there were no passengers and that he was fine. I had two options, either drop the whole thing or go after the bus driver for damages. The insurance wouldn't pay for anything, so I was stuck with a fucked up car (thank god the frame didn't get bent or else it would have gotten written off). I decided to drop the whole thing because it would be too much of a hassle getting the bus driver to pay for the damages on top of paying for my physio.

Three months later, his lawyer phoned me and told me that the bus driver wanted money from my insurance for his injuries or else he would sue me and also there were two passengers in the bus who wanted compesation for their injuries. I was like, WTF? I immediately phoned my dad's brother (who is a lawyer, like every one else in my dads family ) who then told his lawyer basically to fuck off as they had no proof or anything. We went to court anyway and the judge asked the driver, "You ran the red light?"

"Yes."

The judge told them that since the driver didn't claim any injuries and said there were no passengers on the accident statement, that he was going to dismiss the whole thing. Now, I could have gone after him instead, though we did settle down for some money for the car and everything's all good now. I don't even know why this case made it to the court, the driver was being a dumbass, he busted his chance to go after me by lying on the statement about the passengers and about his injuries. I was told by my insurance company that people have up to 1 year to claim their injuries as long they go to the doctor and get checked out and get paper work completed. The guy didn't even do that.

What hapened to the bozo who rode over your tent? Do tell!

My Ride

You are lucky you have influential relatives.
    The bus Driver had a responsibility to file his claim in a reasonable period of time, yes, up to a year, but the longer it longer he takes diminished the certainty of causation. The little aches and pains could have happened between then and now from any cause, and not certainly attributed to the accident.
    Fuckin oppotunistic bastards were just trying to pull a fast one.

I am completely unimpressed by lawyers telling me I have to do something. They are all just as opportunistic as the bus driver and his scammer-hopeful passengers. That part is incredible.

I wonder if the bus driver is still employed, or if he is, what his employer had to say. It will certainly affect his performance interview.

The guy who ran over my tent just rode off into the darkness. I was alone in the tent, drunk & stoned on mushrooms, and wasn't hurt. It was 1991 and I had a few less metal parts in my body.