Quantcast
Gsx-r 750??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gsx-r 750???

My Ride
    Godzilla.

Lightbulb Gsx-r 750???

I have my mind set on a 97-99 GSX-R750 for spring time, is there
    any problems, disadvantages, or anything I should no about this bike????

My Ride
    Hybrid

you might wanna try www.groundpilots.com, they have a few people there that ride gixxers
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    money-pit

IMO gixxers are Great bike especially the 750.I myself will own one of these this spring. The suzuki's are a little heavier than the yamaha's and i guess some like that aspecter better.. I dunno there are die hard yamaha R(6, 1) fans and there are gixxer fans...i think its a perference thing.
    No and Im not like them....

I havnt riden many street bike, got on a gsxr 750 crazy ass shit. 160lbs w/ that much juice!!! I loved it!!

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

I heard from a friend of mine that the Suzukis are good track bikes, but aren't exactly comfy when riding on the streets because of their position. That friend of mine also said something about GSXR is easy to flip and lose control if you're doing a wheelie at high speed. After he mangled his GSXR, he got himself a Honda 929RR, he said that's the best bike he's ever had... That's my opinion. But appearance wise, they look kinda cool with that unique tail piece... Btw, don't get it if this is gonna be your first bike... that's a big nono...

My Ride
    Godzilla.

Originally posted by sml
    Btw, don't get it if this is gonna be your first bike... that's a big nono...
    I realize the power of even 600cc bikes and think the 750cc is crazy, but it's all in the hands of the driver, you don't have to use all the power.. I have some experience w/ bikes I used to race and drive motorcross bikes since I was 9 till about 13.. I understand the danger, but I love bikes, and If I get a bike I want one I will really like, because I'm not rich and can't keep changing bikes... Thanks for the input guy's, How was it on your first street bike?? I love the R6 too, but I like the style of the GSX-R....Maybe I should start w/ a lighter bike?????

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Originally posted by LaughingTiger

I love the R6 too, but I like the style of the GSX-R....Maybe I should start w/ a lighter bike?????
    My first street bike was a Honda CBR600. I think that'll get me into enough trouble as it is... But I really do like the new 959RR... best of luck on your selection dude! btw, I've learned on dirt bikes and although it's similiar feel, the main difference is there's a whole lot less traffic when you're motocrossing vs on the streets! just becareful out there cause it'll take more than a good rider to stay alive out there, it'll take a good rider with a concious/alert mind...

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

750 is a good choice, perfect balance between 600 and 1k
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    1.6 Acura EL

Default Re: Gsx-r 750???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LaughingTiger
    [B]I have my mind set on a 97-99 GSX-R750 for spring time, is there
    any problems, disadvantages, or anything I should no about this bike????

Yeah thats a cool bike, go for what you like as long as i can ride with you

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

if u have 1000cc;s or 600 cc;s it doesnt make a difference if u are an idiot rider..sure the 1000cc has way more power...but its how u use the power thats gonna keep u safe..IMO i would get the more powerful bike rather than getting the weaker one then having to change in the future...regarding the suzuki..i heard that the suzuki is a great track bike..but comes second to the R1 on the streets...i think the suzuki is one of the best looking bikes though

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

redline, what u say is kinda odd. majority of people agree that the gixxer1k rules the open class in basically every aspect, streets or track. and u say the gixxer is the better looking one? funny, most people say that the r1's only edge over the suzuki is its looks. man u completely opposite.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

R1 looks way better than any GSX-R1000 I've seen...

My Ride
    2005 STI Borg Warner turbo, Widebody

I ride a 02 gixxer 600 blue and white.WHICH HAPPENS TOO BE FOR SALE.
    I love the bike. The riding position is hard too get used too. The foot pegs are higher, and handlebars are lower compared to other sport bikes, comfy on highway though, especially when your doing 285km/h. Bad thing about yamaha is the tiny wind protection, can thank those small upper fairings for that.
    People here are saying that 1000's are faster than 600's well they're not. Pretty close but 600's are a bit faster, go too race city and that will prove what I'm saying. 1000's are stunt bikes.

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

The GSXR 750 is the ultimate bike. It totally destroys my bike and it has 150cc larger engine. Go for it!

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride
    F355 GTB-Fiero GT-Civic Si-Champ Car-300ZX

[quote]People here are saying that 1000's are faster than 600's well they're not. Pretty close but 600's are a bit faster, go too race city and that will prove what I'm saying. 1000's are stunt bikes.[quote]

Sorry, but that is absolutely untrue. I have a 600 and a 1000 and my best ET on the 6 is 11.25 @ 124 and my best on the 1000 is 10.30 @ 138. 1000's are hard to do tricks on because of the tall gearing and overkill power.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The GSX-R 750 was the first bike I've ever ridden. Owner taught me how to shift in a parking lot and off I went down Crowchild going nearly 200. Fuck was that scary!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

gix 750...that was a mean bike...one of the best stunt bikes and a mean track bike...but damn suzuki has gotta do something about that riding position. the way the put the pegs really mess some people up...like me

and it was never the smoothest riding bike either...lots of vibration

My Ride
    F355 GTB-Fiero GT-Civic Si-Champ Car-300ZX

I have seen 157mph(253kph) on my '01 R6, 178mph(287kph) on my Gixxer 750, and 186mph(300kph) on my Gixxer 1K! Man what a RUSH!!

200kph(124mph) is pretty damn fast for a first time on a bike!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

And that's why I refuse to buy a bike. I know I'll just push it hard... and when u crash a bike... instant death!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    And that's why I refuse to buy a bike. I know I'll just push it hard... and when u crash a bike... instant death!

But when trying to push 250 plus, you crash, i doubt youll feel it
    so you got that going for you

Dave P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast