Quantcast
Everyone On The Bandwagon! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone On The Bandwagon!

Angry Everyone On The Bandwagon!

Does it really piss any of you off that everyone and there dog is jumping on the Flames bandwagon. Since the Flames made the playoffs and one a series ever person in Calgary thinks they are the supreme Flames fan and know everything about the Flames and exactly whats going to happen in the next game. It's great and all that the city supports the Flames, but fuck it really pisses me off when people who have told me they hate hockey in the past, are now are telling me that the Flames are going to win the Cup because Jarome Iginla has a really hard shot and Kipper is the best golie ever.

I say, get the hell off the bandwagon unless you were there through all the tough years, God knows I was along with lots of others.

Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Get over it, such is life!

GO FLAMES GO!
    Travel

My Ride
    99 Civic

I know how you feel!
    I mean half the city probably doesnt even know 5 players on the Flames organization by their first name.....

I mean, its ok to be a hockey fan and be EXCITED for the Flames but I hate the people who all of a sudden are die hard Flames fans.
    "Go Flames Go.... I love the Flames!!!"

oh yah really? how many games have you been to in the past 7years?
    I find mostly GIRLS are bandwagon jumpers.

I think its great that the Flames' series win has renewed interest in the team. I know it must suck for people who stuck with them through the drought, but its pretty inevitable when a team is hot for people to jump on the bandwagon, and when they're struggling, the exact same people get on the bandwagon about how much they suck.

Hell, everyone I know in Edmonton is even cheering for the Flames. There was even an editorial in the front page of the Sports section in the Edmonton Journal about how its okay for Edmontonians to cheer for the Flames. Now that's jumping on the bandwagon, but I'm all for it. Everyone is so excited for them. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

would you rather the usual 6 fans in the dome, as have been for the past 7 years... if you can honestly tell me you have been to every flames home game in the past 7 years then I’ll listen to you bitch... all you people think you're such hardcore flames fans, yer just a bunch of hypocrites

Originally posted by SI-vic
    I know how you feel!
    I mean half the city probably doesnt even know 5 players on the Flames organization by their first name.....

I mean, its ok to be a hockey fan and be EXCITED for the Flames but I hate the people who all of a sudden are die hard Flames fans.
    "Go Flames Go.... I love the Flames!!!"

oh yah really? how many games have you been to in the past 7years?
    I find mostly GIRLS are bandwagon jumpers.

Ben must have started being a Flames fan 5 days ago, ha jk man. But seriously though,. I'm talking about people who know the name Iginla and thats about it, but hey know that the Flames will win the Cup for sure if they just had one of them good trap things. Even the casual Flames fan I have no problem with, but like SI-vic said, If you can't name more then five first names of the flames, you have no business telling me anything about the Flames or what they should do.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    Corvette

I can't believe your bitching about this, it's more fun to see everyone enjoying the wins together rather than just die hard fans. Your no fun

Originally posted by Gonthro
    would you rather the usual 6 fans in the dome, as have been for the past 7 years... if you can honestly tell me you have been to every flames home game in the past 7 years then I’ll listen to you bitch... all you people think you're such hardcore flames fans, yer just a bunch of hypocrites

Hahaha your calling me a bitch, but I gaurantee you wouldnt say shit to my face you hurtbag.

Did I ever say I've been to every home game for the past seven years? No. Hell has anyone, probably not.

And when did I ever complain about having more fans at the Dome, I'd like you to point these statements out for me Gonthro...

My Ride
    99 Civic

Originally posted by Gonthro
    its not about people being at the games....
    I feel its great and amazing when people cheer for the Flames..

but what PGTze and I are talking about are the people who think they know everything about hockey all of a sudden because the Flames made the playoffs.
    4 years ago, bandwagon jumpers would've said, "The Flames suck, they'll never win the cup again."
    Now they are saying, "Oh I've been a Flames fan all my life, I've always supported them, they rule!"

"The flames will win because John Iginla has a wicked shot, and Mike Kippersoff is a good goalie."

Good arguement there.

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

Man what are you worrying about. I was with them through the hard years and yeah everyone jumped on the bandwagon but i think it's great for the city and organization. I used to get pissed off because when the Flames used to play a team like the Leafs half the fans would be cheering for Toronto, now everyones givin'er for the Flames. If you ask most of the girls who obviously are bandwagon jumpers they'll admit it. Most of them just enjoy benig caught up in the whole thing and watch the games for fun. Anyways GO FLAMES GO!!!!!

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

Originally posted by PGTze

Hahaha your calling me a bitch, but I gaurantee you wouldnt say shit to my face you hurtbag.

i never called you a bitch, i said i would listen to you bitch.. bitch = complain... learn how to read...

ohh gawd, an internet threat, please mommy help me

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by SI-vic

but what PGTze and I are talking about are the people who think they know everything about hockey all of a sudden because the Flames made the playoffs.
    4 years ago, bandwagon jumpers would've said, "The Flames suck, they'll never win the cup again."
    Now they are saying, "Oh I've been a Flames fan all my life, I've always supported them, they rule!"

Ben must have started being a Flames fan 5 days ago, ha jk man.

I know you're kidding, but just for fun, here's some stuff I've been through, as I have been called a flames bandwagonner myself, and dont appreciate it: my uncle is an NHL linesman, and I'm born and raised here in Calgary. I have met Lanny Mcdonald numerous times and my sister and Theoren Fleurys son played on the same baseball team for several years. I Trick or Treated at Gary Roberts house and he always said "Say Hi to your Uncle for me". I've been a huge Hockey fan since I was 6 years old, sitting in a Co-Op Kiddies Corrall, watching Calgary and Montreal battling the Habs in the 89 stanley cup Finals. I even have the flaming C that I made that night, cut out and glued onto a popsicle stick. I even played for Bow Valley Hockey (which has the same jerseys as Calgary) for 10 years.

I've always been a Flames fan, however you cant blame people to NOT want to get in on the rave right now. Their city is doing well, and its not just pride in their hockey team, it's pride in their town. Having pride in the place one lives is not as common as people think, and as a result, whether or not you feel that people are hopping on the bandwagon, it has been nothing but good. Last night I shook hands people people I had never met, and would not have met if they were not flames fans. People running up and down 17th ave with flags, high fiving everyone. When is the last time people have done that?

The Calgary flames, whether they have a bandwagon of fans hat are only cheering for them when they win is life. If they dont win the cup, yeah, people will lose interest in hockey I'm sure, however, the newly sustained city morale and energy, teamwork and citizenship has been increased leaps and bounds. People have set asside petty differences and come together in unity, if anyone has doubts in this, take a walk down 17th on a Game night.

Good for the Flames, win or Lose. They've impacted people on so many levels.
    Travel

lam-boy Guest

people will come and go, i know it makes you mad but it doesn't really matter.

I mean i've been a flames fan since i was 4, thats when i got my FIRST jersey ever. and it was a flames jersey. That year i got my first hockey stick and everything. i have always been a flames fan even when they sucked. everyone called me an idiot cause i liked these guys. they always ask me why i dont like a "Winning" team. (Calgary pwned montreal in the forum )

i remember i went to school with a calgary hat in elementary and got ridiculed by half the school cause they "sucked" so much. but now its funny cause all those people who said shit about the flames back then are now the ones who are saying "yeah flames rock! i like how that black guy keeps scoring"

but be glad you aren't from like vancouver or something, those guys have the worst band wagon jumpers.

every city has their wagon jumpers, but i see that calgary doesn't have as many..i mean even when our team was losing we still held 14-15000 people in attendance.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

hey i jumped on the bandwagon...so what...iam not a hocky fan at all..but when they are doing so well its fun to go out to some bars watch a few games have a few drinks.....

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

It's cool when people are saying go flame go. That's cool. In fact, I was at a marketing conference in Edmonton last month, and we even managed to get people from Vancouver, Saskatchewan, Toronto and Victoria chanting Go Flames Go. That was sweet.

My issue is that some band wagon jumpers suddenly think they are experts and believe they can dissect every second of the game, when they couldn't possibly be anymore wrong. It's when I talk to people like that, that make me wonder 'Does this guy even know what a hockey stick is?'

It also kind of irritates me that last year, most people wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything Flames related. Now I can't go anywhere without seeing at least 50 jereys. It's like great, where were you when the Flames really could have used your support?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

man i wouldnt be caught dead wearing a flames jersey weither they win or lose...doesnt mean i cant be intrested in the game....

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

if you honestly expect people to be screaming for the flames year after sad year, you're pretty naive.

I always hoped the flames would do good, but during the late 90s, early 00s I wasnt running around with my face painted every damn game... and who can blame me?

no one, that's who. people will start showing more support when the team does well.

no one wants to cheer their heart out for a team that has no chance at all, it's a huge let down... when the flames came out of the gates with a good season, more 'sleeper' fans started coming out of the woodwork, and more obviously continue.

yes I've still got my tiny flames jersey that doesnt fit anymore, and my decade old flames hat, and my framed little painting of lanny's last goal they sold at the saddledome when it was JUST the 'saddledome'. I've always respected this city and its teams.

So far my point has fallen on deaf ears...

I think it's great if you are supporting the Flames playoff run even if you arent a Flames fan.

The thing that was pissing me off was when people who don't have a clue about the Flames try telling me who they should put on there PK, and that they should use this brand of gear cause its better. These are the same people that told me in september that the flames would never come close to makign the playoffs. Now the bandwaogoners attitude has changed
    to the tune of, 'Iknew theyd make it all along'.
    Basicly I have no problem with all the support for the Flames, but lets face facts, bandwagon jumpers who think they know everything and 'claim' to have been there from the start are basicly sports versions of 'ricers'.

bandwagon jumpers who think they know everything and 'claim' to have been there from the start are basicly sports versions of 'ricers'.
    yo chill out man its just sports
    EDIT: but i will agree with you on the terms of girls, all dressing up in slutty flames outfits, not knowing how many periods are in the game, and its funny how they think guys are actually gonna try and pick them up during a flames game, guys dont give a shit about women when they watch playoffs, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD AND STOP ANNOYING ME WHEN THE FLAMES ARE IN OT !!!!
    hahaha i think ive turned into you glen
    Last edited by GT2NV; 04-23-2004 at 11:41 PM.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I think its great that the flames are doing well. I admit, i've jumped on the bandwagon. I used to be a huge flames/hockey fan when i played hockey in elementary and jr.high. If I can become a fan again, this is really great for the team. I never thought i would ever be interested in teh flames again. I'm glad that after all the hard years, things couldn't be better for the flamers.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast