Quantcast
Electrocharger - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Electrocharger

My Ride
    my hot rod

Default Electrocharger

Hello Everyone,

First I am not selling anything! My product wont even be available until November after the SEMA show. I am throwing this out there to gather everyone's opinion on the product before we release it later this year. I am interested in whatever everyone has to say.

The product is called the Electrocharger and it is a new type of power adder. It adds torque in the low rpm ranges up to the torque peak of the engine in order to launch your car harder and get it up to speed faster. Its a retro-fittable hybrid electric system that is geared to performance and less on fuel economy and emissions. www.alphamaleperformance.com

Thanks for your help.
    I know you want to hit dat!

My Ride
    Honda CB1100F

Red on black still hurts the eyes

increases 1/4 mile times by 3 seconds?? Do you have any timeslips to back this up? what car? Please elaborate, on the analytical charts, I see an ~20 hp difference; not nearly enough to boost 1/4 mile times by 3 seconds.
    Last edited by 962 kid; 05-03-2004 at 10:36 AM.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

Originally posted by 962 kid
    increases 1/4 mile times by 3 seconds?? Do you have any timeslips to back this up? what car? Please elaborate

probably a car that runs 22's, taking out the full interior and engine will do that

My Ride
    my hot rod

increases 1/4 mile times by 3 seconds?? Do you have any timeslips to back this up? what car? Please elaborate

The vehicle data on the website is the on the Toyota Camry. We will be positing the data on the ¾ ton chevy Suburban 4x4.

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Here you go, already been brought up

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...t=supercharger

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by CowTownBiomed
    Red on black still hurts the eyes

lol

The more I read, the less I am convinced

Q. Is the Electrocharger™ a performance upgrade?

A. Yes, it decreases your 0-60 time by a minimum of 3 seconds and sheds at least 3 seconds off your 1/4 mile time, over stock vehicle performance.

A minimum of 3 seconds?

Q. What other upgrades would I need to have to add more power with the system?

A. The new product we are expecting to introduce next year will be an upgrade for the Electrocharger™ that allows you to add 15PSI of boost to the engine. Giving you up to an additional 200HP, but in a sophisticated intelligent manner. Keep watching the website for more details.

how does your electrocharger make boost? From what I see, all it does is spin the crankshaft faster, which really isn't boost.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    my hot rod

Actually, this is not a supercharger, it can be used in conjunction with a supercharger or turbocharger.

........... is a parallel power adder that is summed with the engine to make more torque earlier for the vehicle to get it moving.

It takes the place of your vehicle's alternator.
    It acts as both a motor and an alternator. When it acts as an alternator it receives/takes torque from the engine to drive it as a generator. When it acts like a motor it adds torque to the crankshaft.
    A computer tells the motor what to do depending on engine load requirements.

My Ride
    Impreza RS

A. The new product we are expecting to introduce next year will be an upgrade for the Electrocharger™ that allows you to add 15PSI of boost to the engine. Giving you up to an additional 200HP, but in a sophisticated intelligent manner. Keep watching the website for more details.
    In a sophisticated intelligent manner eh, I'm convinced! I'd like to place a bulk order on 20 of these, and where can I buy shares for this company?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by QuasarCav

probably a car that runs 22's, taking out the full interior and engine will do that

That's true....lol....but then how do drive it?

My Ride
    my hot rod

The more I read, the less I am convinced

A. Yes, it decreases your 0-60 time by a minimum of 3 seconds and sheds at least 3 seconds off your 1/4 mile time, over stock vehicle performance.

A minimum of 3 seconds?

how does your electrocharger make boost? From what I see, all it does is spin the crankshaft faster, which really isn't boost.

We boost the torque not the air pressure. It boost the torque directly through the crankshaft.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

what kinda $$$ are we talking?

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by Gonthro
    what kinda $$$ are we talking?

We are projecting a retail of $2500, but installing it on your vehicle enables you to take a tax deduction (www.automotivecomposites.com/taxcredit.html) and you can also save money in fuel economy increases. We calculate that it will pay for itself in a short amount of time. Now we just have to make sure it can be done at an economical price! To get the tax credit though it has to be greater than $2000 - - according to the IRS.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

well we are canadian, so we dont give a s*** about the irs because the wont give us anything anyways....

but what about reliability? we all know how often we have to replace alternators, how will this be any diffrent?

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
    Here you go, already been brought up

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...t=supercharger
    The Electrocharger is in no way associated with boosthead.
    Please understand that the Electrocharger is not even for sale yet.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So if you strap this on an Enzo, which does the 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, will it travel back in time? Maybe this is John Titor's time machine?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by Gonthro
    well we are canadian, so we dont give a s*** about the irs because the wont give us anything anyways....

but what about reliability? we all know how often we have to replace alternators, how will this be any diffrent?
    I haven't investigated yet , but perhaps you should research and see if there is any benefit for owning a hybrid vehicle in Canada.

This is not an alternator; however, should an owner experience any issues, they will fall under warranty.....assuming the issues are not related to misuse, abuse or involvement in a vehicle collision; and, should the latter be the case, then your vehicle insurance should cover that.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Your claims seem a bit unfounded... drop 5 seconds off a 0-60 time on a small car? 5 seconds is a hell of a lot considering 0-60 only takes around 8 seconds on a "small car"

It may be a better marketing tactic to focus on the technical aspects and how it will increase power, rather than making such outrageous claims without something to back it up.

However, if your design is proven (dyno and track results). Then sign me up!
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    my hot rod

There are three modules, aside from the wiring, and each module is not user serviceable. We recommend just replacing the complete unit if anything should happen. The Switch Releuctance (SR) motor does not have brushes so nothing will need servicing there. The batteries are Lithium Ion so nothing needed there. The Ultracaps have a ten year life rating, so nothing is needed there. The rest is computers!

So replacement cost for a module, if it is not covered by our Snap-On like warranty, will vary depending on how expensive the module is. For example, The most expensive module is the SCBP which contains electronics, ultracaps and Lithium Ion batteries. This module will probably cost around $1200, but only if yours was damaged due to misuse or neglect.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast