Quantcast
Electrocharger - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Electrocharger

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Have you ever thought about marketing this as a hybrid conversion product as opposed to a performance product? When you sell something based on performance, you will be criticized harshly if your product doesn't live up to its claims - and your claims are pretty lofty.

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by 1badPT
    Have you ever thought about marketing this as a hybrid conversion product as opposed to a performance product? When you sell something based on performance, you will be criticized harshly if your product doesn't live up to its claims - and your claims are pretty lofty.
    We have thought of that. Feedback from people like yourself is very important, appreciated and welcomed.

So far people respond more to a performance product, and the test results to date are very attractive in that arena.

Performace with the side effects still being fuel economy and reduced emissions. If that is your thing.
    It is still a retrofitable aftermarket product.
    So, it is ALL of these things....but the general public appeals more to performance products.
    I know you want to hit dat!

Why dont you look at offering performance upgrade kits for the IMA cars that will be coming out?

Upgraded electric motors, control units - if Honda uses an ECU similar to whats in the K-series, then you could reflash that with differerent drive characteristics ect.. The OEM infrastructure would allready be there.

This complete standalone setup is too pricy and lacks the potential to compete with conventional forced induction or other power adders.

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by stockEK
    Why dont you look at offering performance upgrade kits for the IMA cars that will be coming out?

Upgraded electric motors, control units - if Honda uses an ECU similar to whats in the K-series, then you could reflash that with differerent drive characteristics ect.. The OEM infrastructure would allready be there.

This complete standalone setup is too pricy and lacks the potential to compete with conventional forced induction or other power adders.

That's a very good idea!!

After the tax credit and the savings in fuel economy, we estimate that the system will pay itself off within the first year.

Originally posted by AMP

We are projecting a retail of $2500.

Originally posted by AMP
    This module will probably cost around $1200, but only if yours was damaged due to misuse or neglect.
    So is it 2500$ or 1200$? If you can show any timeslips or real data this argument can end. Until than im not convinced

Gee, and it only weighs 100 lbs! How could I lose? I wonder how much heat the electric motor will blech out? I wonder where the power to charge the batteries comes from, oh yeah - the engine. Sounds like pissing into the wind. Both this and the Thomas Knight Electric Crapcharger are fit for The Pit. But hey, theres a sucker born every minute. I wish you the best of luck ripping people off with your false claims and shoddy wares. Oh, and by the way, your site says the electric motor in question weighs 15 lbs. That would make it about a 1/3 hp motor commonly used in furnaces and the like. And they got dick for torque too. go home pal.

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by dishrag
    Gee, and it only weighs 100 lbs! How could I lose? I wonder how much heat the electric motor will blech out? I wonder where the power to charge the batteries comes from, oh yeah - the engine. Sounds like pissing into the wind. Both this and the Thomas Knight Electric Crapcharger are fit for The Pit. But hey, theres a sucker born every minute. I wish you the best of luck ripping people off with your false claims and shoddy wares. Oh, and by the way, your site says the electric motor in question weighs 15 lbs. That would make it about a 1/3 hp motor commonly used in furnaces and the like. And they got dick for torque too. go home pal.
    Dishrag,

Sorry, it's hard to keep a straight face with that name. lol
    First off at present it only weights 70lbs. (total).
    The electric motor hardly puts out any heat.
    Underhood temps from your exhaust manifold alone can reach 120 degrees Celcius.
    Actually, most of the power to charge the ultracap is provided through engine braking; and, the battery also recharges the ultracapacitor.
    The battery state of charge is maintained during crusing.
    We have a lot of research time and development behind our studies so that we put out, not only a reputable product, but also a reliable one that fulfils it's expectations. We are not trying to fool anyone. Gimmicks do not qualify the purchasor (you) for a tax deduction.

Lastly, it is a Switch Reluctace (SR) motor which is a totally different techonolgy than any other motor type. They are the lighest motors available.

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by M_Power

So is it 2500$ or 1200$? If you can show any timeslips or real data this argument can end. Until than im not convinced

Please reread these in full context when you quote me. The cost is predicted at $2500 and we are working on getting it even lower.

The $1200 was only listed as reference to the SCBP.... the ultracapacitors have a life expectancy of 10 years and the lithium ion batteries have a life expectancy of 25-30years. The warranty is a snap-on style.... something goes wrong it will be replaced.
    We do not anticipate many issues with this technology as we have been working for many years to fine tune it.

Assuming there is no misuse or neglect of the system, the manufacturer will cover it.

what are your patent numbers?

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by dishrag
    what are your patent numbers?
    Patent #: 5,586,613

This is one and others have been filed for other areas.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Sounds like the infamous octane boost. Like 104+ making it think you would 104 octane when done but really only gaining 1.04 of octane. Or the swirl intake adding 25hp!

I am sceptical, and it would take some serious convincing to make me thing otherwise. I understand there is new technology coming out but to shave 5 seconds of 0-60 and reducing fuel and emisions sounds a little phoney to me, and unfortunatly nothing said here by AMP would convince me.

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by Hollywood
    Sounds like the infamous octane boost. Like 104+ making it think you would 104 octane when done but really only gaining 1.04 of octane. Or the swirl intake adding 25hp!

I am sceptical, and it would take some serious convincing to make me thing otherwise. I understand there is new technology coming out but to shave 5 seconds of 0-60 and reducing fuel and emisions sounds a little phoney to me, and unfortunatly nothing said here by AMP would convince me.

I don't know about octane boost.

As previously stated, the shave on your time will depend on the vehicle mods, and what type of engine you are starting with. (i.e. 6 cylinder, v8, etc.), and what power level, but will always make a difference.
    I am certain, that even after it's official introduction, many people will remain skeptical....that is to be expected. I am not here to convince or sway you in either direction.
    I am simply interested in what attracts the public. Based on the amount of emails that I get day to day, with enthusiastic interest I know that there are many people that understand the technology and believe in it. We also get a lot of suggestions that will only help us improve what the public receives.
    A lot of folks have already contacted us at the National, as well as Internationally to become sponsors, dealers, distributors and even investors.
    Other's contact with many questions. Others, are skeptical.
    We appreciate it all.

My Ride

Originally posted by AMP
    I am simply interested in what attracts the public.
    Or simply interest in free advertising......

My Ride
    my hot rod

Originally posted by Hollywood

Or simply interest in free advertising......

Nah,

But hey, if you feel that way, I will be happy to graciously bow out and leave the forum. My interest in your opinions is genuine, but never worth causing heartburn over.

My Ride

Originally posted by AMP

Nah,

But hey, if you feel that way, I will be happy to graciously bow out and leave the forum. My interest in your opinions is genuine, but never worth causing heartburn over.
    Not my forum. Do as you wish, I am a user just like yourself.

No heart burn caused.

My Ride
    2000 Mitsu Galant V6 LS

OMG guys lay off this poor fella. Has he asked any of you for any money?

Personaly I think it's an idea with vast potential. None of my science buddies can shoot it down. It even has a page on Wikipedia. According to publicly available independant news sources he's recieved cooperation from automobile manufacturers to demonstrate his product at major car shows.

IMHO until he asks for anything other than opinions, assume he's not full of it. Conversly, Amp, until you show some timeslips, dyno sheets or video of it in action at a local event blowing something away that it otherwise wouldn't have, don't expect any tuners to belive a word you say. =P

But that's ok, I belive you man! And I'll continue to do so as long as you promise to make an application of it for my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6 LS. =)

Go back in time and kick their ass Mindwerkz!(last post was over 2 years ago)

Considering his webpage doesn't work anymore either it has a new name or it didn't work.

Originally posted by Mindwerkz

But that's ok, I belive you man! And I'll continue to do so as long as you promise to make an application of it for my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6 LS. =)
    I heard hooking some compressed air up to your intake might work!
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride

I guess they went out of business?

Sweet 2 year old bump.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast