Quantcast
Can't Figure Out Why Car Is Shaking.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Can't Figure Out Why Car Is Shaking..

My Ride
    2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Question Can't Figure Out

I can't quite figure out why my car shakes like crazy! I'm thinkin' that it might be the struts, or even a messed up rotor, but can't figure out exactly what it might be. Had this problem for some time with my Hyundai Scoupe now. I put new tires on, but to no avial. Balanced as well. Any ideas?
    -= halbey=-

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

could be a warped rotor, bent rim, loose ball joints, lots of things,w e need more info, does it shake all the time?, just when braking? when turning?, ect....

My Ride
    2001 Toyota Solara & 1995 Mustang GT

Some causes of shaking, low speeds 40-70 km's-separated tire, out of round tire. 80-120 kms, bad balance on tire/ tires, shaking in steering wheel indicates front tires, shaking in seat of car indicates rear tires. When braking-warped rotors, upon acceleration or deceleration bad cv joint. When shifting from reverse into drive possible engine mount. Hope this helps. There are lots of other causes too but these are a few of the more common ones.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

yeah my car is shaking now too after coilover install at speeds of 80km+, running 5 mm spacers it it possible the spacers are messing up the balance?

Did you torque all the wheel lug nuts?? Uneven torquing will cause some shaking and lead to rotor warping.
    Damn +44411's

is it a shake or a constant bumpiness when driving?? need more detailed explanations

My Ride
    2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Default More Details

It shakes when I reach 60-70 mph. anything above or below is fine, it smooths out. Had the tires checked to see if they're out of round, but they're fine, had the problem before i put my new tires on. they've been on for 2 months now, and have had the shaking problem before the tires were changed. yes, it's coming from the front, i know that already. steering wheel will shake, but not as bad the rest of the car. I re-torqued all lug nuts, many times.
    -= halbey=-

My Ride
    Mazdaspeed 6/2003 P5/1970 Charger

Worn wheel baring?? Toe in alignment off??
    Does it drive straight when you let go of the steering wheel?
    I aint no junky.... I just keep it funky

My Ride
    2001 Toyota Solara & 1995 Mustang GT

Default Re: More Details

Originally posted by halbey
    It shakes when I reach 60-70 mph. anything above or below is fine, it smooths out. Had the tires checked to see if they're out of round, but they're fine, had the problem before i put my new tires on. they've been on for 2 months now, and have had the shaking problem before the tires were changed. yes, it's coming from the front, i know that already. steering wheel will shake, but not as bad the rest of the car. I re-torqued all lug nuts, many times.
    If you had your tires spun out on a balancer to check for a hop and tire is not separated or out of round, I would guess drive shaft. It could be a problem in one of the driveshafts causing vibration. Since you have had the noise before changing tires, that is what I'd be inclined to believe it has to be. Check the driveshafts on a hoist. Let me know what it turns out to be, I'm curious now.

My Ride
    2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

K, I'm gonna check that all next weekend. My current project is a '94 Toyota Camry I"m working on. Threw a rod, so i'm gonna go in and replace it. Hopefully the block isn't cracked or anything, but as soon as i finish that, i'll lift it up and really get a good look at it. i was hoping someone might have some idea before i start changing crap and wasting money. But, as soon as i know i'll post what it was. thx everyone!
    -= halbey=-

My Ride
    90 Toyota 4Runner

Demonic possession.