Quantcast
Fluorescent light Scam.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fluorescent light Scam....

Default Fluorescent light Scam....

Hi guy's. I don't know what to do about this problem but this is what happened.

I had a phone call from a company in Toronto selling flourescent lights(everlite). They called our work place and told me that they had a sale on some 8' long fluorescent lights for $27.50 a box + taxes. There is 15 lights in a box. Since we needed some lights i told them to send me a box and Invoice the company.

So today i get an invoice from these guy's for $501.35

I called them up right away to see if this was a mistake. The lady that answered the phone told me it was not a mistake and that's how much a box costs. I asked to speak with the manager and he told me that EACH light cost 27.50 not the box.

I usually pay 2.98 a Light not F@c!ng $27.50

I told them that this was a scam and i will be sending the box back. Then he tells me if i do that i would pay the a $100 restocking fee. Then he tells me to send him 11.00 a light and we call it quits.

I don't know what to do guy's. Should i phone the BBB or some one else? I will be sending the box back. What else should i do.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

If they told you it was per box then the contract will not stand. Tell them you're sending them back and not paying and if they're not happy with this you'll contact your lawyers.

My Ride
    2001 Toyota Solara & 1995 Mustang GT

Ship the lights back collect, if you didn't give them a credit card number, they can't make you pay. We had this trouble at work with some paint supplies. They couldn't do shit when we returned them. It is a scam and they hope that people will just pay them. They aren't going to get into it with you if you stand firm.

My Ride
    90hp beast

Yeah.. Send it back Collect.. NEXT DAY SERVICE... That'll learn them...

Send them seperatly in boxes... collect , see how they like it
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    VW GTi

Even if you gave them a credit card number, if you never signed anything you can refuse payment right? I wouldn't pay. I also wouldn't pay the restocking fee. Let them try to collect from you.

same thing happened to me with the company I work for.

He promised to send me a $50 coupon for Future Shop. Fucker babbled on about all sorts of shit, then kept pestering me about the lights. I said not to ship the lights, but then he got on about the certificate, and I think my words were "whatever, go ahead and send it..

Well, the lights came, and of course they cost 10X what they would at the local hardware store.. We sent them back -collect.

We cannot pay without a PO#. I did not give him one. Case closed.

Whats funny, is that shithead called back several months later with the same spiel. Once I figured out who it was, I muttered a very common two-word insult and hung up the phone.

If this guy (or that business) was within driving distance, I swear to god I would commit an illegal act in retaliation for this.. but.. TO is too far to go....