Quantcast
The Ring (Movie) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Ring (Movie)

Default The Ring (Movie)

Hey,

Saw The Ring yesterday at Silver City (Opening day). I've heard lots about the Japanese version (Ringu, or The Ring it's called) and just had to see it.

This movie is pretty scary, not sure what is the scariest movie I've ever seen, but this has to be one of them. I am probably going to go see it again today. Hahah

If you're looking for a movie to go see this weekend, you HAVE to see this, trust me. You will love it!
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

I really want to see it! Looks scary,but scary movies rock.What's it rated?

My Ride
    2013 Focus ST

I saw it about a month ago and it scared me pretty good. I still remember it from a month ago, that should tell you something! lol

Pete

My Ride
    Hybrid

I saw the Japanese version a while ago, it was pretty creepy, even though i didn't really understand it... The remake looks quite different from the original
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by civicLVR
    Too Soon Jr.

Plot Summary
    A female journalist (Watts) discovers a disturbing videotape with a bizarre history... everyone who's seen its contents has died within seven days. Is she next? A remake of one of Japan's highest-grossing box-office hits ever. Rated 14A
    Last edited by Ben; 10-19-2002 at 11:44 AM.
    Travel

My Ride
    AI Servo

Originally posted by civicLVR
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheRing-1116705/

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

i saw the japanese version.... i thought the movie sucked... i fell asleep... but i dunno i guess that's just me, i never find scary movies scary

I saw the preview and it reminded of that other preview "fear.com" where you look at a website and you die? haha

Anyways I thought the trailor made the movie look really lame, but since it was such a popular japanese movie, I think it would be good. haha I'll go check it out when it goes to cheap movies!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

you can see the damn microphones that they use during filming..look for them when you go see it...makes the movie seem soooooooooooo low budget
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    you can see the damn microphones that they use during filming..look for them when you go see it...makes the movie seem soooooooooooo low budget
    I didn't see any?

One movie I did see though, the film wasnt really centered on the screen and you could see the microphones they used. I bought the DVD later, and no microphones, so it must be the theatre's mistake.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Originally posted by crxboi
    i saw the japanese version.... i thought the movie sucked... i fell asleep... but i dunno i guess that's just me, i never find scary movies scary
    true i saw ring 1 and 2
    both were boring. not scary at all.
    the story is about like a chain letter. if you dont continue the link you get punished kind of thing.

scary movies here and scary movies in japan are different. japanese movies focuses mostly on encounters with ghosts and japanese people gets freaked from that.
    scary movies here focus more on surprises with their gloomy music.
    i think movies here are more scary and interesting

lammer Guest

sweet!!! i wanan go watch it soon hopfully next week. well thanks for all the heads up on it so far. hrmmm maybe i should invite some girls hhaha.

My Ride
    AI Servo

I just got back from watching it at Chinook. I've gotta admit, the movie was quite freakish. Has anyone seen their official web site?

I think the last time I was freaked out was Blair Witch Project. And that's only because I had to drive 20km home (out of city) through some really dark "wilderness" after the late show.

Saw it yesterday for the second time.

Today, I watched Ringu (Japanese version). I can't believe how much better the American remake is compared to the Japanese original. American version has a better storyline (Added a bit more to keep you interested) and a lot more scarier events and graphics.

My Ride
    AI Servo

Is it essentially the same story, you know, with the well, horses, lighthouse?

Originally posted by turboMiata
    Is it essentially the same story, you know, with the well, horses, lighthouse?
    No, there no horses nor lighthouses in the Japanese Original.

lammer Guest

I want to see this so bad...soon im guessing this weekend.

you guys see the "Ghost Ship" movie trailor?

My Ride
    FA1

Ghost Ship looks kinda good, I saw Lost Voyage which is pretty much Ghost Ship, basically the same story line.

The Ring was good.. until after when I found my car unlocked and my shit gone.. damn it

But yeah it was pretty freaky

I want to see 8 Mile. That movie looks pretty good, plus I am a fan of Eminem.

My Ride
    FA1

Hey he got good reviews for his acting in 8 Mile. They said he played the role very well and that he exceeded more than what they expected for him as an actor.

i guess its probably cause its kinda bout him the movie I mean.. and his daughter is in it and everyone knows shes his inspiration mostly..

But yeah can't wait!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast