Quantcast
pos pontiac vs vtec rice rocket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: pos pontiac vs vtec rice rocket

My Ride
    Pontiac LeMans

Default pos pontiac vs vtec rice rocket

not so much a street encounter, but it did involve myself, a friend and two cars...

And you would not believe how shocking his gear changes are. He has a honda integra about '92 which he paid $6500 NZ for (about 3500 american) vs my '90 Pontiac LeMans GLE (whatever the hell GLE stands for) which I paid 2000 (1000 american) for.

We were cruising around the local village (basically where they put all the dole bludgers, every city over here has one) when we found a street that was not only void of traffic 24/7 and wide enough for two cars, but there was already a t shape in the middle of the road acting as a start line. Unfortunately this "drag strip" is only about 150m long, but you cant win em all. I could actually tell when he was changing gear because he would slow down and his car would shudder. I got up to about 90kmh (big whoop) while he managed a fairly measly 80. we didnt time it because the only clock we had was the 10 year old thing on my dash, but he has just dropped in the popularity ranks quite a bit after I beat him by a good car length.

Oh and there wasn't actually anything wrong with his transmission because I tried it out afterwards.
    "Ha ha, tis ever and so nuncle, with the black monks. Scream did he, scream and gurgle as they skewered his cat flap for want of a farthing."

My Ride
    a wrx.

wow, ive driven standard a few times only and i think i could do better than that.

heh for some reason i can actually shift decently quick for racing, but i cant seem to shift properly at all for daily driving

My Ride
    Pontiac LeMans

one good thing about this country is that you can get pretty much any car you want because there are no laws about emissions (although I am tired of pulling up behind mazdas and getting covered in smoke)

Jap cars are pretty cheap here as well. Reason im here is because I like cars and it is damn hard to find a forum where every second post isn't "american cars suck" or "jap cars suck"
    "Ha ha, tis ever and so nuncle, with the black monks. Scream did he, scream and gurgle as they skewered his cat flap for want of a farthing."

My Ride
    changes daily :D

hey just out of curiosity, what is a dole bludger??? i can't think of what it could be....

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

heh for some reason i can actually shift decently quick for racing, but i cant seem to shift properly at all for daily driving
    yeah dude, its easier to mash both pedals a little more, but when you get better you'll realize how much movement can be saved racing after learning how to drive slow, but faster is easier to drive haha

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Default Re: pos pontiac vs vtec rice rocket

Originally posted by Lead Injector
    but he has just dropped in the popularity ranks quite a bit after I beat him by a good car length.
    HAHAHAHA!
    Objects in mirror are losing!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

It's all about the power shifting!!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Pontiac LeMans

the dole is slang for the benefit- you know, poor asses get paid a couple of hundred every week for being unemployed. And the people who work have to pay for it which sucks. I don't think they have it in canada/america though.

My Ride
    Hybrid

its called employment insurance or welfare here...
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by three.eighteen.

yeah dude, its easier to mash both pedals a little more, but when you get better you'll realize how much movement can be saved racing after learning how to drive slow, but faster is easier to drive haha
    man, powershifting just comes naturally for me!

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    man, powershifting just comes naturally for me!
    haha id never power shift with my baby