Quantcast
Hmmmm, what happened to personal opinion? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hmmmm, what happened to personal opinion?

My Ride
    911 Turbo

Default Hmmmm, what happened to personal opinion?

So, i started a thread last night about how i thought that the smiley was much overused and that people used it at inappropriate times just to try and get a cheap laught. I stated my opinion. The responses that i got were insulting and pathetic. They ranged from simply calling me an idiot and bitter, (TurboDSM), Benny decided to make some whole story with smilies, i guess trying to make himself look witty and smart at the same time, and then calling me gay and a bunch of his friend congradulating him for his job well done and then MistaBrent simply saying i'm a jackass.
    This all brings me back to the days of when i first took part at Beyond. I took part in a descusion where i said that european cars were superior and and stated why. Then someone responded and said that they believed Asian cars were superior, gave no reason and said that people simply have different opinions and that i should respect that, in fact i'm sure it was some of the people who responded to my thread. Then, last night i stated my opinion and gave my reasons for my thoughts. Then people who say that people can have opinions responded by saying that i was wrong and they were right. Some of these people who said that everyone can have thier own opinions are now saying that i can't. How can you contradict yourself so blatenly and ever take part in a discussion again......

My Ride
    Probe

Well I sure hope I didnt poke any fun at you, but what you say IS true and I stand behind you...

Ya without a doubt, that smiley is the most popular, probably second to that burn out one haha. On an online discussion, there will always be contradictions, and there will always be disagreements as everyone tries to preach their own opinions to others.. but oh well what can you do, no point trying to change it as it just wont happen. I totally agree with you about the smiley being used inappropriately.... but its just too cool. lol j/k.
    ---

Default Re: Hmmmm, what happened to personal opinion?

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller
    The responses that i got were insulting and pathetic. They ranged from simply calling me an idiot and bitter, (TurboDSM),
    I thought we ended this last night....
    I do congratulate you however on being able to pull out the two descriptive words I used towards you in that post I wrote... To see that those words were picked out of such a large paragraph and then put into a whole new post and therefore have arisen again, they must have sparked some attention in you...

Oh and..

Honestly this is the first time I've used this smilie, but since it pisses you off...

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

My Ride
    changes daily :D

i like the smilie...it is the best one so far....so

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

oh im just gonna have to one up ya, 9 of these suckers! lol

"Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    car

that should do....good luck with your own opinion

I think that these are the kind of posts that tha_shot_caller is talking about. Take for example the people that are just doing it to piss him off, what does this site, and yourself gain from that? He is right, he has his right to his opinion, which always gets flamed, and then when any of you get flamed you are mad about it. I'm sorry, but thats just hypocritical.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I think we all need to step back, and realize that you all should have a sense of humor.

Have you seen how many posts there are of people making fun of me? Hell look at my user title, I've become the race gas pimp .

Sit back and relax, it's just a car forum .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Probe

This site might just be for fun, but I have been in this position too and it sucks... Everyone is always hasseling you when you state your own oppinion AGAINST some one, and when you just feel like putting in your 2 cents no one leaves you alone ?

I get hasseled all the time about driving a Probe, I am used to it now, but when I was a fresh member it made me want get my bat and find out were some of you lived to be honest with you

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yep. ConVict's a good example of coping well with the initial hazing . At first it might be rough, but I mean it's just jokes, can't take things too seriously.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

I agree and I kinda don't. Howcome "Shot Caller" never adds anything postive to the forum, except for negative garbage? He is always there to kick you in the junk when you are already down on the floor, searching for your smashed glasses and missing teeth.

Face it, he's a troll to cause trouble. Probably someone from "another internet site -- *hint*hint*" that just had a grudge against the members of beyond.ca!

Don't lose sleep over his posts!

Cheers!

Geez peter, not EVERYONE is against you and gonna kick you in the junk while you are already down on the floor looking for your smashed glasses and broken teeth. Even though I might....

And not EVERYONE is out to get you.

first time i used this smilie..... so go have a fit over it. lol.

My Ride

i think that people need to realize that we are a bunch of immature people who like to have fun (well some of us are mature) i am not trying to make fun of anyone but eveyone knows what i mean...but if i were to post only negative stuff on the board, i would get the same treatment that tha_shot_caller would get....granted when i was on the *other* board, i was a little prick who liked to piss people off...but i realized how many enemies i had made at that point, and so when i came over here to get away from the bs, i changed my name and changed my attitude...so far on this board i can think of 2 people who i really don't like..the other people i am friends with, or at least acquantences (sp??) .....so all that i am saying is if he were to post something relevant and not be a toal jackass all the time, i think people would take his posts into consideration more, and he would get more respect...i know that i would give him more respect if he didn't always sound like a 5 year old whining....

ps.

Originally posted by infamous
    so far on this board i can think of 2 people who i really don't like..
    Damn that was toooo easy for me. Come on infamous, be my friend!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.....

My Ride

hahahaha funny....actually, i don't mind you...but i am not going to say who i really don't like....that would be too mean

Sure you are allowed to have your personal opinion, but there is nothing surprising that people will insult you..since you are saying they are beina "try-hard" or something like that.

Its like this...say there is some really corny movie at the theatres. This movie is comedy in really bad taste, just to get a few low-brow chuckles. Of course, you are higher than that, but are you going to stand outside and heckle the people who just watched it and are smiling/laughing? I sure hope not, because you are bound to get a few retailiations! You know its in bad taste, but some people enjoy it so leave them alone and go watch Amelie!