Quantcast
Court Day Coming, Need Advice ! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Court Day Coming, Need Advice !

My Ride
    Probe

Default Court Day Coming, Need Advice !

K well this happened a while ago and my court day is coming up to fight it! I was wondering if I should just pay it or if I have a chance of winnning !
    Here is the insident !
    Driving in a 50 Zone, just after dropping my girlfriend off! Some kids standing around thought I would let em hear my turbo...
    I floored it to about 4500rpm in second gear then let gas go , shifted to 3 then let it cruise around the corner cause i KNEW a stop sign was coming up ahead...

Well just as I am about to get to the stop sign I see 2 cops behind me, both with their lights on..
    There was 1 cop in each squad car, and they both get out FURIOUSLY! Well anyway the one cop got to my passenger side before the other one got to my driver side and I said... what did I do.. REALLY PISSED OFF he goes " why the hell were you doing a 150 BOY " and i proceeded to say, there is no way in hell i was going 150 its impossible, while he searched through my car with his eyes . The other cop gets to my door and says " Can you tell me why you were going over a 100 in a 50 zone " once again I said no way , i was in second gear and I was SLOWING down when you pulled me over... he ignores my technical car stuff while he takes my license... so he comes back , and i say, " can you acually tell me how fast I was going " He says " ya you were going 80, I COULD take you to court for this BUT I wont, Ill let you go easy " even though they were both furious earlier and calling me a punk kid, and BOY consentily over and over again...

So what I think is, THATS CRAP.. why would he let me go and give me such a low ticket if i was acually going 30 over the limit! which is also crap because my redline is a 6000 rpm and if i WANTED to coudnt get to 80 km in second gear i coudnt! let alone at 4500 rpm! plus i was slowing down when i SAW them see me! Which makes my educated guess at around 60km MAX...

Think I shoudnt Fight it... ?

My Ride
    Bus Route 104

go in the courthouse with a rain coat on... and the open it up for them to find a bomb strapped to your body...

its much easier to negotiate tickets when you are covered with TnT

You should never disagree with a cop when hes writing you a ticket and make him think you'll pay it. Then hopefully he wont take too many notes and wont have shit to say when you fight it!
    ---

My Ride
    Probe

You guys arnt really helping all to much

My Ride
    changes daily :D

i would say that you should fight it..be like "i was in 2nd gear and there is no way that i could have been doing 80...the fastest i go in 2nd gear is __ km/hr, so it is impossible. second, i was treated with no respect, with the officer calling me boy, punk kid and son. he started off by saying i was doing 150. and then he said i was doing 100, then he said i was doing 80. does he really know how fast i was going if it was 80, 100, 150 or even 60 km/hr? i was doing 60 km/hr, and that was it." crying doesn't hurt either...

Of course fight it. Its worth a shot, try fighting yourself first by explaining your story, if they don't drop it low enough or remove demerits, then fax it to pointts and see what they have to say. He'll tell you if its fightable.
    ---

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

anything is fight-able eventually w/ enuf money :P pointts will fix it up :P

My Ride
    BMW E70

Conner- fight it! Your driving record is bad enough as it is You can try and fight it yourself.

Go down to Traffic Court with your ticket. You can plead your case in private with a Prosecutor (this is the same thing Pointts does- I saw him in there when I was there). Explain your situation (calmly- though!) and ask the prosecutor for either a lower fine, or plead guilty as the registered owner (no demerits then).

That is basically what I did when I got charged with Undue Care and Attention from my accident. I got it dropped to following too close and was charged as the registered owner.

Good Luck

My Ride
    Probe

Thanks guys ( Trev ) Im going to call points... haha

My Ride
    a wrx.

1st - crown prosecutor. nice guy, its free, and easy.
    2nd - if the prosecutor dont do enuff, fight the ticket in court.
    4. - get pointts.