Quantcast
Ingrowing toenail.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ingrowing toenail..

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Angry Ingrowing toenail..

Good grief they hurt !!!! .My big toe started hurting a few days ago.Then it REALLY hurt tuesday night,then all this crap oozed out (it was infected ) , and I went to the clinic yesterday.I thought they would cut it off,but they just gave me some penecillin to take.
    At least it doesn't hurt anymore.looks crappy though...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

I've experienced that like back when I was 15 or 16? I don't remember.
    Yea, it sucks. I had to get some surgery done on it in my doctor's office. He gave me 2 shots to the toe to numb it (FUCK it hurt) and then hacked away...turns out it had gotten really deep...
    damn things

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

sounds dumb but works very well....just cut a v in the top of the toenail and it will cause it to grow in a different. I used to get nasty ingrown nails and this is what i do.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by Focus
    sounds dumb but works very well....just cut a v in the top of the toenail and it will cause it to grow in a different. I used to get nasty ingrown nails and this is what i do.
    you good sir are a master of ms paint! far superior than my skills!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

Originally posted by 403Gemini

you good sir are a master of ms paint! far superior than my skills!
    Why thank you!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Focus
    really, i get them all the time because of the way my toe is, i'll have to try that, they are painfull as fuck.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Thanks for the info.I'll try that..
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

I used to get really bad ones all the time. Like the font of my socks would be encrusted in blood and pus. If you get them really bad, go to a podiatrist (or the right family doctor) and get the roots permanently removed. They will locally anaesthetize the toe, cut the sides of the nail off, file down the root on the sides then permanently remove that portion of the root by chemically burning it with silver nitrate or similar compound.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by T5_X
    I used to get really bad ones all the time. Like the font of my socks would be encrusted in blood and pus. If you get them really bad, go to a podiatrist (or the right family doctor) and get the roots permanently removed. They will locally anaesthetize the toe, cut the sides of the nail off, file down the root on the sides then permanently remove that portion of the root by chemically burning it with silver nitrate or similar compound.
    I used to get bad ones like that too.....gross bloody pussy socks. But I'd just bite down on a leather belt and dig and cut that sonofabitch out!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

I just got a nasty one.. I've been traveling a lot and haven't had time to make an appointment, so I got some antiseptic and a bunch of tools and did the surgery myself (I wouldn't recommend it). I sawed off the nail then filed down the nail bed so that it wouldn't grow back. I ended up having to get antibiotics to deal with the infection, but it seems to have worked out ok.

Motto of story is to deal with it sooner rather than later.

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

damn....I have never had it that bad...

mine were only minor, but they did hurt like hell!! I can only imagine what you guys went through......

Good luck!

My Ride
    98 civic hatch

. ewwww....what does a ingrown look like? which part actually grows into where? draw another pic for me

My Ride

How about you go Google it up instead.

Is it safe to do self surgery on it? So far I've read quite a few things from people performing the procedure themselves...is it not safer/more practical for your doctor to do it?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by E36M3
    I just got a nasty one.. I've been traveling a lot and haven't had time to make an appointment, so I got some antiseptic and a bunch of tools and did the surgery myself (I wouldn't recommend it). I sawed off the nail then filed down the nail bed so that it wouldn't grow back. I ended up having to get antibiotics to deal with the infection, but it seems to have worked out ok.

Motto of story is to deal with it sooner rather than later.
    *highfive*
    Holy hell that was a rough time, sure am glad to see I'm not the only one!

hahaha, I did the same surgery when I was 17. I had one that was so bad, I could hardly walk, I was in highschool at the time so I always had people stepping on my feet and shit during class change, man do they bleed, the pain was excruciating! At one point the nail sliver ended up protruding from the front of my toe through the skin, for about 2 weeks prior I had a big yellow blister on the end, and it pained like being burned at the slightest contact. God damnit that hurt, then all that yellowy sticky goo was all over and I had blood sock syndrome. When that hppened I was immune to the pain, I got some medical equipment from my Mom (works at the hospital) and I locked myself in the bathroom with a counter mounted magnifying glass and some flesh sheers, topical novacain and tweezers. Douced with hydrogen peroxide and went to work. 10 minutes later I was done, hasn't been back since, and my toes look great, hahahahaha.
    Travel

My Ride
    E90 335i

Ben, sounds like what I did. The key is to soak your foot in water for a few minutes before, it helps to soften up the nail which makes extraction a lot easier.....although the pain level is still hovering near bitchin!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I did home cutting with one, blood everywhere. Felt better for awhile, but I still had to have surgery to fix it for good. I've had both toes done.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Had that once when I cut the nail too short. Just kept letting it grow back and ensure to push the skin underneath, kinda hurt and a little disgusting but nothing major.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    98 civic hatch

why cant some one just tell me?

Originally posted by Kamen
    How about you go Google it up instead.

Is it safe to do self surgery on it? So far I've read quite a few things from people performing the procedure themselves...is it not safer/more practical for your doctor to do it?

My Ride

Because there are many graphic pictures and desciptions on Google for you to look at.

My Ride
    2001 Dodge Dakota Sport

I've got an ingrown toenail one on each big toe of my feet. I did have serious pain for a while but I've slowly hacked away at them to relieve the pain, I'm going to get them surgeically removed (cut out) in the next short while.

RAGINGHULK
    What we do in life...echos in eternity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast