Quantcast
Investment Research Boards - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Investment Research Boards

Default Investment Research Boards

Anyone know of any good boards and news sites?

So far I've found www.stockhouse.ca and www.investorshub.com. The stockhouse.ca is pretty good since the news is always upto date but I'm wondering if anyone else has some good links. They can be Canadian or U.S.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Yahoo Finance is my main source, plus SEDAR or EDGAR in the US. You can't always trust the stockhouse.ca's of the world. Lots of rumours spread quickly through those boards.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

I know that there is always alot of hype on the boards but there is still some good reading.

I've been looking at SEDAR and EDGAR as well. I haven't really given Yahoo much of a chance yet but I will look at it.

My Ride
    E90 335i

I guess it depends on whether you want factual info or discussion type info. I would probably start with the facts and see if the rumours are substantiated by the facts.

Try Fool.com and globeinvestors.

Also, I did my finance project a while back with help from MSN Money.

Anyone have any thoughts on CMKX? I know Pink Sheets are worse than gambling but it seems to building up like QBID.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by roopi
    Anyone have any thoughts on CMKX? I know Pink Sheets are worse than gambling but it seems to building up like QBID.
    Pink shits are the worst. There are no legit ones out there, you might as well just hand your money to me, I'll kick you in the balls and it'll be over with sooner!

My Ride
    NC1

Do you guys invest primarily in stocks looking for short term immediate returns? Or do you diversify and plan for the long term?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I say long term holding is the main way to go.
    Unless you REALLY know what your doing id stay away from trying to reap in the quick money.
    Last edited by mo_virgin; 06-09-2004 at 03:12 PM.

Originally posted by B17a

Pink shits are the worst. There are no legit ones out there, you might as well just hand your money to me, I'll kick you in the balls and it'll be over with sooner!
    Have you ever traded them?

Originally posted by max_boost
    Do you guys invest primarily in stocks looking for short term immediate returns? Or do you diversify and plan for the long term?
    75% long-term and 25% short-term.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Have you ever traded them?

Hell no!! I have followed them and have colleagues who have time and time again been burned by them. The problem is not in the companies themselves, its the dealers who trade them. The OTC market is a dealers market, and trust me, its not exactly fair play.

Hell no!! I have followed them and have colleagues who have time and time again been burned by them. The problem is not in the companies themselves, its the dealers who trade them. The OTC market is a dealers market, and trust me, its not exactly fair play.
    That's what I've been reading as well however I decided to throw some money into one last week and so far it is looking good. I can't see it lasting to long though.

My Ride
    E90 335i

That's what I've been reading as well however I decided to throw some money into one last week and so far it is looking good. I can't see it lasting to long though.
    You got bigger balls than me then! Anyways, my word of advice, if you're ahead, cash out and run!

My Ride
    NC1

Well don't be so greedy if you come across an almost sure stock, pleaes pass it along
    I am user #49

You got bigger balls than me then! Anyways, my word of advice, if you're ahead, cash out and run!
    Well I sold some of them to take the original investment and just had some free shares but then I decided to get back in when it dipped today.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Well don't be so greedy if you come across an almost sure stock, pleaes pass it along
    Not sure if you are familiar with pink sheets but they are very risky. I came across this CMKX last week. It has been moving quite a bit and it went from 0.0001 to 0.0008 recently. It closed at 0.0007 today. If you check the high/low today you will see it moved from 0.0005 to 0.0009 so there was some money to be made just by day trading it. Also the volume was about 9 Billion.

There has been alot of hype about the stock recently. There have been reports (actually rumours) that they are on the brink of a huge diamond find (i have no idea how much truth there is to this). However there were a couple of recent press releases showing the company signing on with a large NY law firm and the speculation is that this is being done because they will be moving exchanges. Also there is speculation that there is a huge naked short on the stock. Again this is all speculation. There are tons of message boards with a lot of talk about this stock right now.

I got in on Friday at 0.0004 and then I sold some of them yesterday at 0.0008. Then I got in again at 0.0006. My average right now is 0.0005. I've decided to hold on to this for a while now. I just wish I got in at 0.0001 like alot of other people did.

So pretty much I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this thing reaches 0.005 or even 0.01 but that will be very unlikely unless they do find the bling bling diamonds.

As for some other ones I have been watching are PSH on the TSX. This is a drilling company. Just reading about it right now so I can't really say much about it.

Then some others I currently have for longs are NT, LU, SUNW, and JDSU. They are all in the green since I bought them so no complaints.

If anyone else has any stocks they are watching or are currently holding please share.

My Ride
    NC1

Wow, how much time do you guys spend monitoring these stocks? My investments are mostly moderate risk long term funds, it be wicked to jump in on some of the above and have the company find some diamonds. Oh man, free beer for all of Beyond
    I am user #49

Just figured I'd follow up on this:

Last night CMKX released the following news:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040610/105721_1.html

Unfortunately there was no trading in the U.S. markets today however some of CMKX's partners trade on the TSE and their stocks went straight up:

UCA is up 93.5%
    KPG is up 57.14 %

The trading was halted on both of these companies early in the day. The reason it was halted was because it was requested by the companies. Not to sure why they requested this but my guess is because of more pending news (Good News).

I can't wait to Monday to see what happens here.

Maybe we have a Bre-X in the making.

i wish i had the time to daytrade and do my day job at the same time.. if you're looking at long term investment, take a look at TCPL. I was thinking about going in on the split with Westjet but was a little bit too late and decided not to buy.. I'm looking at a company called Allegent.. lately i've been looking into more infosec companies because i believe it's going to be big business in the coming years.

the diamond find, is that the deal with Abers? I've read that they are not doing very well at recent times.

I wish i could trade CDNX (TSX Venture) shares, but because I work for the TSX, I am restricted from trading Venture listed companies.

Most of the stocks in invest in are higher risk. Ussually invest in the TSX Venture, most of the stocks are $1.50 or under. I use Sedar and just lurk around Stockhouse and try to pick apart the truths and lies. But most of my decisions consit of the financial reports of the bussiness. Did alot of day trading while is was off work. The one stock i ended up sticking to is CEP, check the 1 year chart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast