Quantcast
hotwiring--research for a novel - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hotwiring--research for a novel

Default hotwiring--research for a novel

I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

This is for informational purposes only, I promise.

Thanks greatly.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Connect the green and yellow wire to turn it on. Touch the red and white wires together to engage the starter. To turn off the car, disconnect the green and yellow wire.

Of course I just made it up, but since it's a novel, accuracy of the wire colors aren't important lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

the easiest way really isn't to "hot wire" its really got nothing to do with wires.

if you smash the right lower side of the column you will see a rod that runs down the column you pull this out at the top to disconnect it, then you push it down, and the start will crank, and it starts, you pull it back towards youself and it dies, not sure if it works on this particular car, but basically that rod is just connected to the keyswitch.

Hrmm , i dunno about answering this....
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    E36///M3

Default Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

Originally posted by writer
    I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

Thanks greatly.
    Stupidest excuse i had ever heard.

The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.
    so if you don't succeed in stealing a Monte, your gonna try a different car?
    Introduce your heart to your throat.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Hahaha, amateur crooks asking Beyond how to break into cars.

People these days...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Thanks greatly.

Just ask mommy and daddy for the keys before they go away for the weekend...Because I think they would by mightly pissed to come home to see thier beloved Monte's column all smashed up Bro...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

Well whatever you do get some ruby slippers so when all is said and done you can click your heels together and say "i wish i was home i wish i was home." Otherwise the police officers might sympathize with the fact that you are a trouble crossdressing crime commiting youth reaching out with a outstretched hand for much needed attention. On the plus side you can always have the name Dorthy in a little penitentary called OZ.
    Rev high, ride low.

My Ride
    Nissan 300ZX NA (Z31)

Default Re: Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Just ask mommy and daddy for the keys before they go away for the weekend...Because I think they would by mightly pissed to come home to see thier beloved Monte's column all smashed up Bro...
    Ha, good call, pretty much what I was gonna say.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

k don't listen to these people. I understand what you are trying to do: Smash the steering column ALL to HELL. Then look for the brown wire. That wire is the ground wire. Pull it out and strip part of the wire without cutting it. Here's the tricky part: Get a domestic beer can (imports have too much magnesium) and loop another piece of wire around the tab of the can and exposed part of the brown wire. duct tape another peice of wire to the bottom of the can and put the end of it in your mouth. (it helps to have metal fillings but will still work if you dont) Now grab a helium filled animal balloon (long and skinny) and rub it on your head or a wool sweater to create static electricity.

Now that the hard part is over, douse yourself in lighter fluid, grab a can of salon selectives aerosol hairspray (medium hold) and a lighter...spray your whole body, the steering column, beer can and baloon.

Light a match and enjoy

My Ride
    Chinese Recreational Vehicle

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
    Hahaha, amateur crooks asking Beyond how to break into cars.

People these days...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    k don't listen to these people. I understand what you are trying to do: Smash the steering column ALL to HELL. Then look for the brown wire. That wire is the ground wire. Pull it out and strip part of the wire without cutting it. Here's the tricky part: Get a domestic beer can (imports have too much magnesium) and loop another piece of wire around the tab of the can and exposed part of the brown wire. duct tape another peice of wire to the bottom of the can and put the end of it in your mouth. (it helps to have metal fillings but will still work if you dont) Now grab a helium filled animal balloon (long and skinny) and rub it on your head or a wool sweater to create static electricity.

Now that the hard part is over, douse yourself in lighter fluid, grab a can of salon selectives aerosol hairspray (medium hold) and a lighter...spray your whole body, the steering column, beer can and baloon.

Light a match and enjoy

Zorro, Zorro, Zorro...its not the brown wire anymore...maybe in YOUR day...now its the lavender wire...
    ...@therealarifjina...

lam-boy Guest

jam a paperclip into an outlet, then bam you get hit with super human powers. (thats where superdudespiderbatguy got his powers from) and then you can steal ANY Car you want. just with a snap of your fingers cause you got like protons and shit running through your body then by snapping your fingers you create friction which throws electrodes everywhere in which it starts the car. need to unlock the door? easy, a quick thrust with your pinky into the keyhole will easily unlock the door (breaking a finger will create a better effect because your finger creates some sort of spider senses which tingles the cars locks and unlocks it much faster)

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I used to be able to start my old Nissan hardbody pickup with any coin I had in my pocket
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

i wanna know how all you guys know this?

the red wire is connected to the blue wire... the blue wire is connected to the fusebox... the fusebox is connected to my wristwatch...

My Ride
    lude

what an idiot, somebody ban this fool, the only reason he came on beyond was to post this.

My Ride
    91 Civic

Thanks greatly.
    your a fag
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

Default Re: Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

Originally posted by Toms-Celica

your a fag

You can't spell.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by AzN_4_LiFe

hes asking people who to steal a car....duh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast