Quantcast
hotwiring--research for a novel - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: hotwiring--research for a novel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default hotwiring--research for a novel

    I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

    I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

    This is for informational purposes only, I promise.

    Thanks greatly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    21,468
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Connect the green and yellow wire to turn it on. Touch the red and white wires together to engage the starter. To turn off the car, disconnect the green and yellow wire.

    Of course I just made it up, but since it's a novel, accuracy of the wire colors aren't important lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    the easiest way really isn't to "hot wire" its really got nothing to do with wires.

    if you smash the right lower side of the column you will see a rod that runs down the column you pull this out at the top to disconnect it, then you push it down, and the start will crank, and it starts, you pull it back towards youself and it dies, not sure if it works on this particular car, but basically that rod is just connected to the keyswitch.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Hrmm , i dunno about answering this....
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    VaN CItY
    My Ride
    E36///M3
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

    Originally posted by writer
    I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

    I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

    This is for informational purposes only, I promise.

    Thanks greatly.
    Stupidest excuse i had ever heard.

    The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.
    so if you don't succeed in stealing a Monte, your gonna try a different car?
    Introduce your heart to your throat.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Hahaha, amateur crooks asking Beyond how to break into cars.


    People these days...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...
    Posts
    8,722
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

    Originally posted by writer
    I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

    I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

    This is for informational purposes only, I promise.

    Thanks greatly.

    Just ask mommy and daddy for the keys before they go away for the weekend...Because I think they would by mightly pissed to come home to see thier beloved Monte's column all smashed up Bro...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Well whatever you do get some ruby slippers so when all is said and done you can click your heels together and say "i wish i was home i wish i was home." Otherwise the police officers might sympathize with the fact that you are a trouble crossdressing crime commiting youth reaching out with a outstretched hand for much needed attention. On the plus side you can always have the name Dorthy in a little penitentary called OZ.
    Rev high, ride low.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    My Ride
    Nissan 300ZX NA (Z31)
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

    Originally posted by CycloneAWD



    Just ask mommy and daddy for the keys before they go away for the weekend...Because I think they would by mightly pissed to come home to see thier beloved Monte's column all smashed up Bro...
    Ha, good call, pretty much what I was gonna say.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ...searching
    Posts
    4,467
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    k don't listen to these people. I understand what you are trying to do: Smash the steering column ALL to HELL. Then look for the brown wire. That wire is the ground wire. Pull it out and strip part of the wire without cutting it. Here's the tricky part: Get a domestic beer can (imports have too much magnesium) and loop another piece of wire around the tab of the can and exposed part of the brown wire. duct tape another peice of wire to the bottom of the can and put the end of it in your mouth. (it helps to have metal fillings but will still work if you dont) Now grab a helium filled animal balloon (long and skinny) and rub it on your head or a wool sweater to create static electricity.

    Now that the hard part is over, douse yourself in lighter fluid, grab a can of salon selectives aerosol hairspray (medium hold) and a lighter...spray your whole body, the steering column, beer can and baloon.

    Light a match and enjoy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Chinese Recreational Vehicle
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
    Hahaha, amateur crooks asking Beyond how to break into cars.


    People these days...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...
    Posts
    8,722
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    k don't listen to these people. I understand what you are trying to do: Smash the steering column ALL to HELL. Then look for the brown wire. That wire is the ground wire. Pull it out and strip part of the wire without cutting it. Here's the tricky part: Get a domestic beer can (imports have too much magnesium) and loop another piece of wire around the tab of the can and exposed part of the brown wire. duct tape another peice of wire to the bottom of the can and put the end of it in your mouth. (it helps to have metal fillings but will still work if you dont) Now grab a helium filled animal balloon (long and skinny) and rub it on your head or a wool sweater to create static electricity.

    Now that the hard part is over, douse yourself in lighter fluid, grab a can of salon selectives aerosol hairspray (medium hold) and a lighter...spray your whole body, the steering column, beer can and baloon.

    Light a match and enjoy



    Zorro, Zorro, Zorro...its not the brown wire anymore...maybe in YOUR day...now its the lavender wire...

  13. #13
    lam-boy Guest

    Default

    jam a paperclip into an outlet, then bam you get hit with super human powers. (thats where superdudespiderbatguy got his powers from) and then you can steal ANY Car you want. just with a snap of your fingers cause you got like protons and shit running through your body then by snapping your fingers you create friction which throws electrodes everywhere in which it starts the car. need to unlock the door? easy, a quick thrust with your pinky into the keyhole will easily unlock the door (breaking a finger will create a better effect because your finger creates some sort of spider senses which tingles the cars locks and unlocks it much faster)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    ___________________________
    My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
    Posts
    11,133
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I used to be able to start my old Nissan hardbody pickup with any coin I had in my pocket
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

    Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

    Red Deer, AB

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Wannabe Skyline x2, Wannabe 911 GT3, Wannabe FD3S
    Posts
    3,239
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i wanna know how all you guys know this?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    YWG
    Posts
    3,109
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    the red wire is connected to the blue wire... the blue wire is connected to the fusebox... the fusebox is connected to my wristwatch...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    edm
    My Ride
    lude
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    what an idiot, somebody ban this fool, the only reason he came on beyond was to post this.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, AB Canada
    My Ride
    91 Civic
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

    Originally posted by writer
    I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

    I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

    This is for informational purposes only, I promise.

    Thanks greatly.
    your a fag
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

    preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Leduc AB
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Re: hotwiring--research for a novel

    Originally posted by Toms-Celica


    your a fag

    You can't spell.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary, ab
    My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R
    Posts
    2,504
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by AzN_4_LiFe

    hes asking people who to steal a car....duh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Investment Research Boards

    By roopi in forum General
    Replies: 28
    Latest Threads: 06-14-2004, 07:52 PM
  2. FS: 2 theatre research 10' subs

    By chibi_chas in forum Automotive Parts [Audio/Video/Radar Systems]
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-23-2004, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •