Quantcast
diabetics - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: diabetics

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

Default diabetics

any diabetics here?!?!

lol.. just wondering what meter you people use.. and what u think of it.. i may be looking for a new one.

I use one touch ultrasmart.. it holds everything, carb, excersise health insulin and a bunch of other stuff. makes graphs and tables and is very easy to use.. 5 second tests, the only thing i hate is handeling the strips, and there huge ass finger prick thing.. i use the accucheck finger thing.. seems to hurt less..

My Ride
    Chinese Recreational Vehicle

howdy, im a type 1 also
    ya i use the same thing!

My Ride
    '08 Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by AzN_4_LiFe
    im a type 1 also
    ya i use the same thing!
    And my needles look like pens!

yup, type 1 here, UltraSmart OWNS anything on the Market right now.. and what u gotta get is the Accucheck (I think thats what its called...) lacing device or whatever that'll do your arm instead of your finger.. I've done my finger like twice and it kinda hurt, you cannot feel when u do your arm, and you have about 100x more space to work with too. My dad's a pharmacist so I get everything for free.. I'll keep an update on new shit comin out, etc.
    Last edited by TalonVelocity; 06-12-2004 at 05:24 PM.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

I dont like alternate site testing... i find it hard to get enough blood, even tho u dont need very much, i like to always have more then enough, incase I am low or something, so I dont have to switch it up to check(your not supposed to use your arm when you are low)

My Ride
    Highlander

I'm a hypoglycemic...kinda the opposite thing as diabetes. I've only had to meter a handful of times but my best friend is diabetic and as far as I remember, he ussed the ultra smart and loves it.

Diabetic here.

The Accu-Chek line-up is fantastic, but LifeScan's OneTouch UltraSmart is a homerun. It's pretty much the best device on the market in terms of sleekness, features, and style. It's also the most expensive device too, but you get what you pay for. I personally wouldn't use the food and exercise options. It's too much work. I'd rather use software to do this. Also, the screen is tiny (nothing you can do about this), so it's better to import blood sugar data into LifeScan's OneTouch software app. Well, that or any program that supports the LifeScan device. Most of my customers own a OneTouch UltraSmart, which tells me that they are either really care about their health, or they're geeks. :p In any case, nice site.

My Ride
    DSM/ MK3 Golf

hey my mom is anyone know a place in calgary to buy like sweets u know what i mean like not with anything sugra but yeah if u guys can help me out please thanks!

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

I use the Accu-Chek One Touch, it comes free when you buy strips

Not a diabetic.. just a diabetic wannabe

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Type II for me.
    Accu-chek compact. Kinda nice since the strips are in a drum inside the meter. No need to handle the strips.

The Accu-chek sounds like it's been around a while. I was diagnosed only 2 months ago, so this diabetes stuff is ALL new to me.
    One thing for sure though, all these holiday meals have been hell to deal with.

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!!!!!
    Last edited by frozenrice; 12-28-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.