Quantcast
Open Sesame - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Open Sesame

My Ride
    My feet

Default Open Sesame

Has anyone been here? My fiance and I went on Saturday. I was surprised at how good it was. The service, the atmosphere, everything was great. We had the make your own stir fry dish. for $8.50 a plate we got to choose our own vegetables(as much as we wanted from a cart) and what meat we wanted.(we both chose steak) and then whether you wanted noodles,rice whatever on the bottom. Our total bill was only like $25 and we had enough leftover for dinner the next day. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a cheap dinner out, oh and on Tuesdays its only $4 a plate for the make your own stirfry deal.

My Ride
    Nissan 300ZX NA (Z31)

I go with my fiance every now and then, cungpow chicken, or however you spell it, I like it a lot there too, great everything, good place for sure.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Damn thanks for the review! I gotta check it out sometime. This is the place right beside Smugglers Inn right?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Nissan 300ZX NA (Z31)

Its actually the same building, smugglers is upstairs, and sorta beside it.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    My feet

its an awesome place for a quiet date....very warm and kind of well..comforting

isn't open sesame a bar though?? as in no minors?? and is it always crowded like smuggler's?? do you need to always reserve a table before going?

I have gone there quite a few times and i have only ever made reservations twice i believe. Both times I am sure we could have had seats w/o a reservation but the restaurant does get full ! I generally go a little later at night... say around 9 so I get tables easier than at 7 I guess!

Great place for a quiet peaceful dinner! I love it!

Originally posted by CKY
    isn't open sesame a bar though?? as in no minors?? and is it always crowded like smuggler's?? do you need to always reserve a table before going?
    i have seen kids there (under 10) with their families almost everyime I have gone

address??

6920 Macleod trail.. attatched to Smugglers Inn
    Same side as The Keg, Cactus club. etc

thanks

My Ride
    Kompressor

hmm... sounds interesting... & cheap too! Is it kinda like Mongolie Grill or something? ha ha

I'll check it out after exams!

I hated the food. Atmosphere was wicked though.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

i went in today. it was a good deal, just like mongolie grill but not like $16 the time i went in! i'm a pig lol
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

I went today too because I read this review.. ha ha ha
    what a waste of time... I shoulda known better than to go in cuz I knew it was a Mongolie style restaurant.
    and if you don't know how to cook then you don't know what sauces to put in....
    a strange concoction I created.
    The Crab Wontons were stuffed with what tasted like baby food.
    Hot and Sour soup so tangy that I couldn't finish it.
    And potstickers that didn't taste like potstickers.
    he he he, I was thinking it was cheap too.. but it wasn't!