Quantcast
Mitsu voiding warrantys for participation in motorsports - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mitsu voiding warrantys for participation in motorsports

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Thumbs down Mitsu voiding warrantys for participation in motorsports

I hope they don't think denying all these warranty claims is going to keep Mitsu USA from going bankrupt this year...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...threadid=83525
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Nissan 300ZX NA (Z31)

I believe someone posted about this earlier.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Yeah Subaru and Honda do it too. All the Suby and s2K guys had their plates and vins taped up at the auto-x over the weekend
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride

I've never had any warranty issues with my sub and I've beat the living hell out of it at the track and in solo2, rallycrosses... bout the only thing I haven't done with it is drag raced. I was up front with the dealer about what i was using the car for and they never gave me any trouble except to ask if I broke the car at the track the one time it went in for warranty work.

My Ride
    a wrx.

wow, that guy bought his son a mitsu evo for scca!!!

i was reading a thread on evolutionm.net not too long ago about mitsu hiring private detectives to investigate and void the warranty for people racing their evo's

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    I've never had any warranty issues with my sub and I've beat the living hell out of it at the track and in solo2, rallycrosses... bout the only thing I haven't done with it is drag raced. I was up front with the dealer about what i was using the car for and they never gave me any trouble except to ask if I broke the car at the track the one time it went in for warranty work.
    I guess times have changed I was also at Shannonville over the weekend and there was a group of 8 subies. They all either had their plates taped or removed as well
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    335i

Great way to get people to look at your vehicles, Mitsu

Maybe it's just me, but isn't the huge return of Hyundai due to the fact that it kisses customer ass to get a sale? Cheap cars, reliable, and an awesome warranty are a winning combination - maybe Mitsu should try that instead of going after its own customers.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    FJC, S30

i think what they do is wrong but look at it from their side. ppl buy these cars bash the shit out of them and when something goes wrong they go to the dealership and say it broke instead of saying they broke it. if you play you gotta pay is the saying.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    honda civic

and Honestly, I think they voided the warrenty inorder to keep mitsu USA alive!!! tracking any car can't be good for manufacturers, even if it is stock. Don't get me wrong, I think mitsu should stand behind all their cars, even if it is driven hard, they do testing on the cars under hard circumstances, so they know how well their cars are built. If they can't handle it maybe they should R&D better cars!!!
    Deals on performance tires check out www.mytires.ca

My Ride
    POS

is that means they don't have enough confidence on their product?
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

That really sucks

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
    i think what they do is wrong but look at it from their side. ppl buy these cars bash the shit out of them and when something goes wrong they go to the dealership and say it broke instead of saying they broke it. if you play you gotta pay is the saying.
    But how can someone who hears about "race inspired" cars and who sees the rally/racey commercials on TV not want to bag their car? All those cars do is scream performance......what else are they geared towards? A luxurious drive in the country? I dont think so. If I bought a car that was designed to be driven hard, I would drive it hard or if I wanted to pussy foot I would buy a cadillac or something boaty.

This reminds me of the problems with the E46 M3 engine in early years. BMW was trying to deny claims because they said it was "not zee car sir, its dee driva" when it was a common problem.

Warranty issues like that really piss me off....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
    Not how I read it. When they are selling these cars, specifically the Eclipse, as a sports car, it should perform accordingly. And they won't warranty it?? Great, i'll take two!

Swaying customers away from warranty repairs is NOT the way to gain customers. Potential customers are already put off with not knowing whether buying a new Mitsu will even be serviced in 1-2 years....
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

Well and the biggest thing is, we're talking about solo 2 here. At its most challenging solo 2 is no tougher on your car then spirited street driving. You can drive the shit out of your car on the street, but you try and do it in a safe enviroment and the dealer bends you over the hood and gives it to you. So much for the responsible enthusiast

Default Re: Mitsu voiding warrantys for participation in motorsports

I hope they don't think denying all these warranty claims is going to keep Mitsu USA from going bankrupt this year...
    Riiiiight. Cuz they stand to make to make so much money fixing people's cars when they bag them at the track...

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

This thread is retarded. No car company warranties passenger vehicles that are abused. Have you ever taken a brand new 4X4 offroad, beat the shit out of it and tried to get warranty? The dealership will laugh at you, why would it be any different for racing your car?

Well and the biggest thing is, we're talking about solo 2 here. At its most challenging solo 2 is no tougher on your car then spirited street driving. You can drive the shit out of your car on the street, but you try and do it in a safe enviroment and the dealer bends you over the hood and gives it to you. So much for the responsible enthusiast

wont they get you if you abuse it anywhere?

abusing it on the street is the same as abusing on the track, but it's easier to catch you when your participation is documented.

If you were to take your car for a spirited (crazy) run through the mountains and you blow a gear wouldn't that be the same as blowing something on the course? They are goignt o get you either way.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Not how I read it. When they are selling these cars, specifically the Eclipse, as a sports car, it should perform accordingly. And they won't warranty it?? Great, i'll take two!

Swaying customers away from warranty repairs is NOT the way to gain customers. Potential customers are already put off with not knowing whether buying a new Mitsu will even be serviced in 1-2 years....
    hey i said it was wrong but do you know how many ppl come to dealerships saying that this is broken and they "dont know how it happened". now ppl when they are caught abusing their cars when they want something fixed get caught and hooped. cant really say much when its videotaped.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by Mckenzie

But how can someone who hears about "race inspired" cars and who sees the rally/racey commercials on TV not want to bag their car? All those cars do is scream performance......what else are they geared towards? A luxurious drive in the country? I dont think so. If I bought a car that was designed to be driven hard, I would drive it hard or if I wanted to pussy foot I would buy a cadillac or something boaty.

This reminds me of the problems with the E46 M3 engine in early years. BMW was trying to deny claims because they said it was "not zee car sir, its dee driva" when it was a common problem.

Warranty issues like that really piss me off....
    The EVO's and STi's have rally heritage as you probably know but i havent seen one subaru commerical or mitsubishi comercail that has displayed any rally clips. i watch the wrc relgiously and i can see your piont of view but their are some ppl who think these cars are invincable street racing machines just because their cars are based off wrc cars, thats when the cars get abused to shit.
    Submaker.Illest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast