Quantcast
Loosing weight? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loosing weight?

Default Loosing weight?

Whats the best way to cut down for summer. I started 6 months ago at 145, and for a guy whose 5"11, that's pretty scrawny. Anyone I'm up to 160 now, and want to cut down to 155 for summer. I'm in good shape still, but I really want the abs to show..... right now I'm still just lifting and now started jogging too. Any other good ways of cutting?

My Ride
    project empty wallet... Kouki Monster

swimming is a full body work out! tones the body really good!
    other then that run till you cant run any more!

My Ride
    Highlander

Yeah lots of cardio and eat healthy, cut back as much as you can on your carbohydrates and every once in a while, slip into a suana and sweat till you cant sweat no more (dont over do it in the auna though, it can be bad for you)

Oh ok... the Sauna and Swimming are a good idea.... so I might do that tonight. Thanks.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

If you're 5'11" and 160 I wouldn't try to cut. Just go on a 'clean bulk'. I'm 5'9" 170-175 and I won't even consider cutting until I'm a solid 180. If you must cut then reduce your caloric intake by a bit but keep your protein intake around 200 grams/day. Drink lots of water and do cardio.

I'd recommend against cutting, especially since at 160 you probably don't have a lot of muscle under the small amount of fat you're working to reduce. Do some ab work and get a tan and that may help

Sounds like a good idea. I'm barely 160... so I dont want to get much skinnier, I just want to get rid of that tiny layer thats so tough to get rid of. I'll keep on the protein and do some swimming and a little jogging.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Drink shitloads of water everyday.

Drinking water cools down the body, to get back to normal temperature the body speeds up your metabolism which causes all sorts of reactions and heats it up. The faster your metabolism, the faster you burn fat.

I'm on a road of trying to gain weight but the importance of water still remains in my situation.

Drink water all day long, stay away from alcohol (casually drink if neccesary), I drink 5 litres a day on average find an amount that's cool for you!

Good luck man, post up your success as it happens.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I'm in the same situation as you liquid, I'm approx 5'5 150

drink lots of water, eat 5 meals a day, keep your exercise routine (if it's a good one)..

I'm taking these Ultra Chromoton Plus pills that speeds up your metabolism.. so I get hungry every 2 hours and eat a small snack/meal.

I've lost about 6 pounds so far in about 3 weeks and I'm pretty happy with the results.. I don't have much body fat so I don't expect to lose a drastic amount of weight.. if I can lose another 5 pounds or so I'm done.

Originally posted by davidI
    If you're 5'11" and 160 I wouldn't try to cut. Just go on a 'clean bulk'. I'm 5'9" 170-175 and I won't even consider cutting until I'm a solid 180. If you must cut then reduce your caloric intake by a bit but keep your protein intake around 200 grams/day. Drink lots of water and do cardio.

I'd recommend against cutting, especially since at 160 you probably don't have a lot of muscle under the small amount of fat you're working to reduce. Do some ab work and get a tan and that may help
    ... im pretty sure that the weight u gained from 145-160 wasn't like "clean" weight.. ususually when people cut.. they lose like 10-15 pounds.. 5lbs is not that much ihf u think about it.. u can just not eat for like 1 day.. and u'll proabaly lose that much..

i would continue to clean bulk (increase calorie intake BUT not fat) until maybe u are like 175.. by then ur muscle mass should have increased, then when u cut u'll actually have some muscles to show..

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by YCB

5lbs is not that much ihf u think about it.. u can just not eat for like 1 day.. and u'll proabaly lose that much..
    I'll go to bed 5 pounds heavier than I am the next morning after taking a piss. It's that easy

My Ride
    E36///M3

5lbs is not that much ihf u think about it.. u can just not eat for like 1 day.. and u'll proabaly lose that much..
    no 5 pounds of fat is huge, if you dont eat for a day your a idiot. The only weight you will lose, is the weight of the food in your stomach that you didnt eat.
    Introduce your heart to your throat.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by ///M3

no 5 pounds of fat is huge, if you dont eat for a day your a idiot. The only weight you will lose, is the weight of the food in your stomach that you didnt eat.

I don't know what you guys were talking about. If you can go to bed and wake up 5 pounds heavier or lighter then something is seriously wrong with you.

If you want to be even remotely heavy it could take weeks to lose 5 pounds. Oh yeah, and not eating for a day will not cut five pounds off your body
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I disagree hockeybronx. When I wrote that post I was 159. I'm now 156. I usually gain or lose 3 pounds or so a day (within a certain range). The problem with me is I'm pretty scrawny, yet still have that little layer that wont let me show my abs

thats what i thought too.. maybe u don't have abs.. cuz i didn't.. just push urself more.. maybe no abs this year.. but wicked defined abs next year.. unless ur plannin on goin to mexico or something like that this summer.. keep gaining weight..
    Curse you imageshack..

Yea my abs need some more work for sure. For defined abs do you use any sort of resistance, or just high reps? Right now I'm doing inclined, and seated crunches... and leg raises.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by hockeybronx

I don't know what you guys were talking about. If you can go to bed and wake up 5 pounds heavier or lighter then something is seriously wrong with you.

If you want to be even remotely heavy it could take weeks to lose 5 pounds. Oh yeah, and not eating for a day will not cut five pounds off your body

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by liquid1010
    I disagree hockeybronx. When I wrote that post I was 159. I'm now 156. I usually gain or lose 3 pounds or so a day (within a certain range). The problem with me is I'm pretty scrawny, yet still have that little layer that wont let me show my abs
    It's true, your weight fluxuates within 5 punds every day. In order to get accurate weight readings, weigh yourself at the same time every day, morning is usually the best time to get the most accurate numbers

My Ride
    91 Nissan 240sx, 96 Acura Integra, 08 Accord Honda

Dear liquid1010:
    I have the same situation too. Now , i dance everyday. listen to your favour music and dance with it. It seen work for me. you should try it. Don't eat fast food and no soft drink. You can have a good looking"abs" if you work hard on sit up. Good Luck
    BC Double

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by liquid1010
    Yea my abs need some more work for sure. For defined abs do you use any sort of resistance, or just high reps? Right now I'm doing inclined, and seated crunches... and leg raises.
    I have an ab program that would make anyone cry. I developed it in high school while I was the trainer for the sports teams. Make sure you get ALL your abdominal areas, not just the ones that basic sit ups get.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by Melinda

I have an ab program that would make anyone cry. I developed it in high school while I was the trainer for the sports teams. Make sure you get ALL your abdominal areas, not just the ones that basic sit ups get.
    Soooo, let's post it up! Or maybe a demo video.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast