Quantcast
NHL Draft Comments - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: NHL Draft Comments

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    20

    Default NHL Draft Comments

    Gretzky is loony...must've been watching the raptors draft the other night.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Who the FUCK is Chucko???

    I think this is a horrible pick by the Flames.
    Last edited by accordboi_02; 06-26-2004 at 12:29 PM.

  3. #3
    lam-boy Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by accordboi_02
    Who the FUCK is Chucko???

    I think this is a horrible pick by the Flames.

    Hockey's Future says this about Chucko:

    Selected 179th overall by the Brandon Wheat Kings in the 2001 WHL Bantam Draft, Kris Chucko instead opted to play in the BCHL rather than going directly to the more difficult WHL. He was one of the youngest captains in the BCHL for the 2003-04 season, given the captains 'C' at the age of only seventeen. Kris was named to the 2004 BCHL All-Star game, and later at the end of the season was selected to the 2004 Interior Conference 2nd All-Star Team.



    Talent Analysis


    A power forward on the left wing of highly skilled pivot Travis Zajac, Kris Chucko uses his body to create space for his linemates. Not unskilled himself with the puck, Chucko is excellent at driving the net with the puck and can stickhandle in a phone booth. Displayed good playmaking skills all season long, though his shot could use some work, as unless Chucko is very close to the net, he has trouble with accuracy. But physical play is his bread and butter; Kris Chucko can be downright nasty. He hits with tremendous force, he fights with guys two years older than him, and he can skate with effectiveness with a guy on his back. Excellent in the corners and in front of the net, though he tends to get in the way of the shot itself a little too much. His mean streak can get him into trouble, and often takes dumb penalties.


    Future


    While his skill set is not elite, NHL managers will find themselves enamored with Chucko based on his physical play. He will have to get bigger if he wants to keep playing like that in higher leagues, such as the WHL, the NCAA, or the AHL. The NHL is a long way off for Chucko right now, but there's reason to believe he could very well be there someday.


    my thoughts :

    he isn't exactly top knotch scoring player but he does play sutter type hockey, which is physical and defensive.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Sounds like he's many many years away.

  5. #5
    lam-boy Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
    Sounds like he's many many years away.
    thats what sutter said..

    sutter said he will be happy when chucko joins calgary in 2-3 years.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    362
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    A guy who I play lacrosse with was drafted today. Nick Johnson, who was the Jr. A player of the year for the Saint Albert Saints last year was drafted 62nd overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins today, congrats to him.


    As far as the Flames pick goes, who know, maybey he will turn out to be amazing, you just never really know. Sutter obviously knows what he's doing.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    As most of you know, I'm a huge Leafs fan.

    I'm a little worried after day one of the draft, as far as I know they only got one pick and he was 86th overall.

    It really shows how much they put on the line for both the 2003 and 2004 Stanley Cups, they traded many draft picks for 'proven' playoff performers, but still they came up short.

    I really think they will go through some pretty intense rebuilding in the near future, especially with whatever happens with Belfour. Bottom line is that every year for the last three years I felt it was going to be "the year" but they just ran out of gas.

    Hopefully there will be an 04-05 season so I can say this:
    "We'll see what happens"
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    i thought this years draft was garbage and there wasnt THAT much talent!!

    but hey my friends BF got picked by the caps 29 overall in the 1st round and was ranked 8th in the world!!
    Last edited by Gondi Stylez; 06-27-2004 at 02:56 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by hockeybronx
    As most of you know, I'm a huge Leafs fan.

    I'm a little worried after day one of the draft, as far as I know they only got one pick and he was 86th overall.

    It really shows how much they put on the line for both the 2003 and 2004 Stanley Cups, they traded many draft picks for 'proven' playoff performers, but still they came up short.

    I really think they will go through some pretty intense rebuilding in the near future, especially with whatever happens with Belfour. Bottom line is that every year for the last three years I felt it was going to be "the year" but they just ran out of gas.

    Hopefully there will be an 04-05 season so I can say this:
    "We'll see what happens"
    Seeing as how the only way I follow the Leafs is to laugh at their pathetic attempts to win a cup, when was the last time that they have "rebuilt" the team??

    It seems to me that ever since Fletcher took over and stole Gilmour that the Leafs just try to add "now" or, more recently, has-been players to try to fill their holes. Are there really any younger players on that team that had been developed in the Leafs' system? And do you really believe that Leaf fans will allow Ferguson to rebuild the team, even if it means missing the playoffs once or twice?? I think he'd be fired in a second; the pressure is already getting to him, seeing those ridiculous contracts given to Klee and Tucker in light of the new CBA.

  10. #10
    lam-boy Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by accordboi_02


    Seeing as how the only way I follow the Leafs is to laugh at their pathetic attempts to win a cup, when was the last time that they have "rebuilt" the team??

    It seems to me that ever since Fletcher took over and stole Gilmour that the Leafs just try to add "now" or, more recently, has-been players to try to fill their holes. Are there really any younger players on that team that had been developed in the Leafs' system? And do you really believe that Leaf fans will allow Ferguson to rebuild the team, even if it means missing the playoffs once or twice?? I think he'd be fired in a second; the pressure is already getting to him, seeing those ridiculous contracts given to Klee and Tucker in light of the new CBA.
    haha so true. you hit the nail on the head!

    and eminem, the laffs first pick was 90th overall

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by PGTze
    A guy who I play lacrosse with was drafted today. Nick Johnson, who was the Jr. A player of the year for the Saint Albert Saints last year was drafted 62nd overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins today, congrats to him.
    Great guy, he attends the same school as me when he's not in St.Albert. I'd be really glad to see him make it, he for sure has potential, going to Dartmouth next year on a full scholarship i believe! He was thinking about regaining eligibility for next years draft because there is a very good chance he could go first round!

    p.s. He actually went 67th overall, JUST outa the second round.

    Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    362
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by A_3


    Great guy, he attends the same school as me when he's not in St.Albert. I'd be really glad to see him make it, he for sure has potential, going to Dartmouth next year on a full scholarship i believe! He was thinking about regaining eligibility for next years draft because there is a very good chance he could go first round!

    p.s. He actually went 67th overall, JUST outa the second round.
    oops my bad, yeah your right 67th overall, great guy is right
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by hockeybronx
    as far as I know they only got one pick and he was 86th overall.
    Originally posted by lam-boy
    haha so true. you hit the nail on the head!

    and eminem, the laffs first pick was 90th overall
    If you would have read my post before throwing in your useless comments you would have found that I already knew that.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  14. #14
    lam-boy Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by hockeybronx




    If you would have read my post before throwing in your useless comments you would have found that I already knew that.

    what I don't understand is how 86 and 90 are the same thing??!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by lam-boy



    what I don't understand is how 86 and 90 are the same thing??!
    Okay so you did read my post... my bad man.

    It's not a big deal, I just figured you thought I was saying that they got a low pick or something.

    I'll take your word for it, 90th pick.

    Oh well I have no problem admitting that I screwed up
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Leduc, Alberta
    My Ride
    Shopping, have $15k, PM me
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Was actually a pretty cool draft to watch.. 2 people that I played with for 2 yeard got picked in the top 150.. Kyle Chipchura by the Habs 18th overall, everyone says that he should be their captain in 5 years or so, then Scott McColloch, 145th overall I think.. to Chicage

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    -
    My Ride
    L-Tuned
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by accordboi_02
    Who the FUCK is Chucko???

    I think this is a horrible pick by the Flames.
    In the paper the day after he was drafted, the picture of him putting on his jersey looked like as if the name was "Fucko"

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Niagara falls ontario
    My Ride
    it's neither hyper nor white
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by OK_Computer
    Was actually a pretty cool draft to watch.. 2 people that I played with for 2 yeard got picked in the top 150.. Kyle Chipchura by the Habs 18th overall, everyone says that he should be their captain in 5 years or so, then Scott McColloch, 145th overall I think.. to Chicage
    anuyone knoqw where david shaNTZ ENDED UP. he played on a local Jr. B team in thorold ontario. hesa pretty good. i think he was number 2 in goalise to that montoay them he feel a spot to #3 i think. wheree he go?


    Originally posted by brandon
    you don't need viagra! all you need is a popsicle stick and an elastic!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    good pick by washington
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Similar Threads

  1. going to Regal Auctions tonight any comments on them

    By TomTom in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 29
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
  2. NBA Draft (Best/worst/ugliest picks)

    By Singel in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-26-2004, 02:45 AM
  3. thinking of buying an 86 S-10 blazer, any comments?

    By TomTom in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 07-05-2002, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •