Quantcast
Post your latest purchase - Page 769 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 769 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 759 768 769 770 779 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,380 of 20570

Thread: Post your latest purchase

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New sprinkler. Had a $9 one for freaking ever, but it's getting stuck all the time. Splurged on a Gardena Aqua Zoom 250/2. Gardena is expensive as shit, but they do make excellent stuff. Reviews on this product are hilarious. Most Home Depot customers hate it while most Cdn Tire customers says it's great.

Attachment 91406

More proud support of manufacturing that is not in China.
    Have this one, its great. The nozzles will start to plug up after a while but nothing some CLR wont fix.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Have this one, its great. The nozzles will start to plug up after a while but nothing some CLR wont fix.
    There's a nozzle cleaning tool plugged into the non-hose end apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Serious question: how do you guys tolerate a TV above a fireplace? I am house hunting now and living rooms with TV space above fireplace was an automatic no for me. How are you guys not dying from neck pain?
    It's not bad at all with mine being 5.5 feet above the ground (bottom of the TV). You just get used to it. Although my main seating is 13 feet away so that helps. I was originally also going to say get a mount with a tilt, but thinking about it, i don't think that actually helps with neck bending at all haha.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    It's not bad at all with mine being 5.5 feet above the ground (bottom of the TV). You just get used to it. Although my main seating is 13 feet away so that helps. I was originally also going to say get a mount with a tilt, but thinking about it, i don't think that actually helps with neck bending at all haha.
    Tilt is only important if your tv has shitty viewing angles.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Tilt is only important if your tv has shitty viewing angles.
    In my case my family room has a ceiling light placed in like the worst possible location so it shows the reflection when its on even looking at the TV dead straight. Tilting the TV downward is my temp fix until i eventually get to my renovations and can replace this horrible light.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

New sprinkler. Had a $9 one for freaking ever, but it's getting stuck all the time. Splurged on a Gardena Aqua Zoom 250/2. Gardena is expensive as shit, but they do make excellent stuff. Reviews on this product are hilarious. Most Home Depot customers hate it while most Cdn Tire customers says it's great.

More proud support of manufacturing that is not in China.
    I have 2 Gardena sprinklers similar to this style, both of them stopped oscillating without cranking up the water significantly higher then needed. I pulled them both apart and managed to get one moving again with lube although I lost the limiter function due to a failed O-ring, and the other newer one, will randomly stop oscillating without really high pressure. I had no luck with a google search on what the fix would be.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I have 2 Gardena sprinklers similar to this style, both of them stopped oscillating without cranking up the water significantly higher then needed. I pulled them both apart and managed to get one moving again with lube although I lost the limiter function due to a failed O-ring, and the other newer one, will randomly stop oscillating without really high pressure. I had no luck with a google search on what the fix would be.
    2 year warranty?
    I've also seen this complaint repeatedly on reviews; but, I'm already finding that this sprinkler demands a higher flow which can be difficult to conceive. Still, just feed that water through and be done watering that much sooner.
    My old shit box $9 nonsense "did fine" with low flow but if the watering took 3hr instead of 0.75hr... Was I winning?
    No.

The Gardena stuff is great until it breaks. It's well designed but very cheaply built and very expensive. My parents have been gardeners for over 30 years now and have slowly stopped buying Gardena stuff because it's too expensive and doesn't seem to last long. Mostly sprinklers, quick connectors, and hose nozzles in their case.

This is what you want for reliability haha - $15 and it will probably outlast your home:

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The Gardena stuff is great until it breaks. It's well designed but very cheaply built and very expensive. My parents have been gardeners for over 30 years now and have slowly stopped buying Gardena stuff because it's too expensive and doesn't seem to last long. Mostly sprinklers, quick connectors, and hose nozzles in their case.

This is what you want for reliability haha - $15 and it will probably outlast your home:

Have one of those (it's ancient and still works like new) and an impact sprinkler (that's not quite as old but works perfectly too) - the impact sprinkler has just such a relaxing sound when it's working.

Name:  p_1000161702.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  14.5 KB

My Ride
    Blue boy

2 new lawnmower blades from PA

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Its noooooiiiissssyyy. Yes I can hear it inside. I saved a lot of money buying a cheapie "back in the day" and some day I'll have to replace. What's lifespan on those anyway?
    Is it mounted on the house or is it just a noisy outdoor fan blade? My older unit has just 2 blades so it makes a chopping sound like a helicopter. (but quieter). As for lifespan, if it has a scroll compressor it should last a lifetime with the small run hours a home in Calgary needs.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Best sprinkler is a "vortex" sprinkler. Zero moving parts and works at all flow rates. Only drawback is the circular pattern.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200514-074939.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  15.6 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Is it mounted on the house or is it just a noisy outdoor fan blade? My older unit has just 2 blades so it makes a chopping sound like a helicopter. (but quieter). As for lifespan, if it has a scroll compressor it should last a lifetime with the small run hours a home in Calgary needs.
    Mounted to the house so we do get some direct vibration transfer, but the housing is cheap/thin and makes a constant rattle while it's running. The fan blades are about average.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

False. The best sprinkler is built in and one that you deal with once a year.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Purging them in the fall kind of sucks, as does if you ever hit one with a mower haha, but other than that you can't beat the convenience.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

My built in sprinkler is pretty good and hasn't broken down in the time that I have been alive. Capacity is a bit low though.

Attachment 91400

2020 The Frame 55”

Was really trying avoid placing a TV over the fireplace but couldn’t be helped without throwing out literally all of my furniture. So I was “limited” to 55”. Planning on putting a bigger mantle in eventually but that can come later.

Picture is really really great, easily nicest tv I have owned albeit not the biggest.

Art mode is cool, Jury is out as to whether it’s a gimmick or not, it’s not that great when the room starts getting dark.
    Sick! If the world wasnt ending and we werent hemorrhaging money on the new house i would be all over one of these

We got built ins with the new house so im pretty excited to try them out lol

I cant believe were all talking about sprinklers
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The zero gap mount the frame comes with is certainly not a gimmick. It looks awesome.

All things considered with what the frame comes with, wall mount, one connect box, etc. It’s not nearly as overpriced as I thought.

I got mine for 1,800 tax in otd which helps. The vision salesbro was bragging to me that he could get me a better deal than the online sale I bought it on too so if anyone wants to deal with the sleaze bags give it a try to save even more haha.

fact.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

2 year warranty?
    I've also seen this complaint repeatedly on reviews; but, I'm already finding that this sprinkler demands a higher flow which can be difficult to conceive. Still, just feed that water through and be done watering that much sooner.
    My old shit box $9 nonsense "did fine" with low flow but if the watering took 3hr instead of 0.75hr... Was I winning?
    No.
    Turning up the water won't equate to being done sooner at my house, it will simply mean that I'm watering the street, house, parked cars, the sidewalk, back alley......

I bought an impact style sprinkler today, we'll see how it lasts.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I just fill up pails of water in my bathtub and then go pour them on the dry spots on the grass. You guys are slaves to the sprinkler industry.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    I just fill up pails of water in my bathtub and then go pour them on the dry spots on the grass. You guys are slaves to the sprinkler industry.
    Says the slave to the pail industry....

Page 769 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 759 768 769 770 779 ... LastLast