Post your latest purchase - Page 963 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 963 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 953 962 963 964 973 ... LastLast
Results 19,241 to 19,260 of 20572

Thread: Post your latest purchase

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm that's a good-looking unit. Tempting.
    It works good. Picked one up awhile back on sale as well. Some of the bolts holding the frame together and chinesium grade as I bent one accidentally but no issues otherwise.

The lift height is great.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    Picked this guy up. 24" lift height!

On sale for $300 and got $95 back in CT money. Triangle Select+offers ftw

Attachment 111959
    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Hmm that's a good-looking unit. Tempting.
    Tempting indeed… the one I have now is getting long in the tooth and only leaves quarter an inch clearance under the tire for my summer wheels.

$300 is steep tho, I think I paid $100 for mine about 10 years ago. Maybe I’ll do 0% financing on it to justify it. Hmm decisions.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Can start advertising to the neighbourhood, I'm sure others would like to avoid the drive/hassle and it can pay for itself
    You would think so, but people are pretty engrained in their routines. I've been a self sharpener for years. Advertised in the community to help people out with cheap sharpenings, tons of kids here, have never really done anything but my friends skates. People are understandably weird about sharpening, because I am too, I really like them a certain way.....But people think there's some mystical voodoo that only the high school kid at pro hockey life can do them, when self sharpeners pay way more attention to what they're doing..... I use an SSM2 and Blackstone setup

Name:  23-03-2023-0001.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  142.7 KB
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    *The First*

God Damn - I got mine done once by this girl in the arena they called "The Shell" in Sherwood Park and I felt like Kill Bill with a couple Hattori Hanzo blades under me. I really really liked sharp skates but apparently, what I liked was about one-eighth as sharp as this girl did them. It was bonkers!!

I don't know how or what she did, but never before and never again would I do that.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Tempting indeed… the one I have now is getting long in the tooth and only leaves quarter an inch clearance under the tire for my summer wheels.

$300 is steep tho, I think I paid $100 for mine about 10 years ago. Maybe I’ll do 0% financing on it to justify it. Hmm decisions.
    RFD says it went on sale for $229 a couple of times last year, I might hold out and see if it drops later in the year. I'd hop on it if I didn't already have a decent jack but that 24" lift sound real nice.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea that's the thing for me is that travel time is 0. Literally drop off skates, get dressed in locker room, skates ready once all gear is on. $70 for 10 sharpens, which is good for a full season. Only 1 hockey player in the house so yea, math don't work for me.
    Generally speaking, if you only have 1 skater it doesnt make sense.

I have 1 going into U11, one going into U13 (2 sets of blades) and myself (2 sets of blades). With the kids both moving up, I am guessing it will be 4-5 ice times a week with their respective teams, 1-2 ODR skates and then I play once a week and coach one of their teams. Add up pretty quickly!

Most shops in my area, its about 1.5hr wait for the skates to be ready, so 10min drive to go there...and wait 1.5hrs+ to go back and pick them up. If I have to pay a bit more for convenience, so be it.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    one going into U13 (2 sets of blades) and myself (2 sets of blades).
    ?????

Name:  2skate3_4rear1200.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  60.6 KB

I like the set up from the medic, looks compact and effective. Might convince the shop to buy one at work for….work uses.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    God Damn - I got mine done once by this girl in the arena they called "The Shell" in Sherwood Park and I felt like Kill Bill with a couple Hattori Hanzo blades under me. I really really liked sharp skates but apparently, what I liked was about one-eighth as sharp as this girl did them. It was bonkers!!

I don't know how or what she did, but never before and never again would I do that.
    Probably fucked up the radius haha. Some random shop had my skates incorrectly sharpened to 3/8 and I couldn’t even glide properly let alone stop lol.

I’m a terrible skater so I can’t stand super sharp skates.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Half our coaches have a sparx sharpener otherwise I'd get one myself.
    ---

My Ride
    *The First*

Probably fucked up the radius haha. Some random shop had my skates incorrectly sharpened to 3/8 and I couldn’t even glide properly let alone stop lol.

I’m a terrible skater so I can’t stand super sharp skates.
    I gotta think that's it because the obvious give-&-take with razor sharp skates should be that they dull that much quicker, and that just wasn't the case for me. I asked one of the trainers WtF was going on with these weapons because I essentially could NOT make tight turns anymore. He said "Holy fuck, those are sharp" but couldn't offer much more. The only compensation I could make was to lean super super deep into a wide turn and crossover out of it to maintain speed and it was a brutal adjustment to make. Plus, as soon as I got off the ice, I was rubbing and trying to grind the edge off of these fuckin things on the rubber floors of the bench or hallways thinking, "oh - a couple strokes on this should completely eliminate this laser edge and then I'll be fine" but it wasn't working.
    It was super embarrassing because the way they would track caused humiliating falls in instances that just didn't make sense.
    I don't miss it. That much I can say is true.

I squeezed out on a frozen lake Sunday and it was amazing. Ice was 16+ inches thick but the surface was not only soft, but was creating this weird fracturing under these white sections of ice that were still completely dry, so it wasn't like I was skating through slush, but still a completely weird caving in scenario. They closed the lake Tuesday, and I knew we were getting the last hurrah out of it, but it sure was weird.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 03-23-2023 at 11:02 PM.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    You would think so, but people are pretty engrained in their routines. I've been a self sharpener for years. Advertised in the community to help people out with cheap sharpenings, tons of kids here, have never really done anything but my friends skates. People are understandably weird about sharpening, because I am too, I really like them a certain way.....But people think there's some mystical voodoo that only the high school kid at pro hockey life can do them, when self sharpeners pay way more attention to what they're doing..... I use an SSM2 and Blackstone setup
    Holy crap, thats a serious home sharpener. Did you buy that new?!?! No way could I justify something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    ?????

Name:  2skate3_4rear1200.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  60.6 KB

Most of the new skates have removable blades. For me, I have a set that I use for games and a set for Coaching/ODR use. Im a goalie, so my game blades have a different profile and arent that fun to skate around on for regular use. For my son, he just has a game set and ODR set, since they get chewed up more on that ice.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I gotta think that's it because the obvious give-&-take with razor sharp skates should be that they dull that much quicker, and that just wasn't the case for me. I asked one of the trainers WtF was going on with these weapons because I essentially could NOT make tight turns anymore. He said "Holy fuck, those are sharp" but couldn't offer much more. The only compensation I could make was to lean super super deep into a wide turn and crossover out of it to maintain speed and it was a brutal adjustment to make. Plus, as soon as I got off the ice, I was rubbing and trying to grind the edge off of these fuckin things on the rubber floors of the bench or hallways thinking, "oh - a couple strokes on this should completely eliminate this laser edge and then I'll be fine" but it wasn't working.
    It was super embarrassing because the way they would track caused humiliating falls in instances that just didn't make sense.
    I don't miss it. That much I can say is true.

I squeezed out on a frozen lake Sunday and it was amazing. Ice was 16+ inches thick but the surface was not only soft, but was creating this weird fracturing under these white sections of ice that were still completely dry, so it wasn't like I was skating through slush, but still a completely weird caving in scenario. They closed the lake Tuesday, and I knew we were getting the last hurrah out of it, but it sure was weird.
    Pretty sure any sharpen stays sharp for a decent long time unless you're a NHLer. I think I was a good 3-4 hours of skating in before I said fuck it and had them fix it and resharpen to a proper radius. Only exception is ODR, that ice fucks up skates quick!

There's nothing magical about a sharpening person. It ain't Hattori Hanzo lol. It's pretty basic stuff. The level of edge is just dictated by your radius of choice.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    has a stick axle

New bird hunting buddy and a shot gun!
    Name:  20230323_141134.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  204.6 KB
    Name:  Browning Citori CXS with Adjustable Comb - 018110303.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  49.5 KB

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Very nice. Do you get out for Migratory or just Upland? I'm itchin for snows this year.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    Very nice. Do you get out for Migratory or just Upland? I'm itchin for snows this year.
    I got this guy for Upland but I am hoping by getting involved with a few NAVHDA chapters so I can meet some people with retrievers as I would love to get out for Migratory as well. I am trying to convince a few buddies to do a guided Migratory hunt this year.
    Last edited by KRyn; 03-24-2023 at 12:33 PM.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    New bird hunting buddy and a shot gun!
    Name:  20230323_141134.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  204.6 KB
    Name:  Browning Citori CXS with Adjustable Comb - 018110303.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  49.5 KB
    Beautiful Britt - I have one too - 8 years now, still full of energy

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    Beautiful Britt - I have one too - 8 years now, still full of energy
    Thank you! I just hope we can survive the puppy phase, this guy gets crazier by the day.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So cute! Love that you got the duck toy in there already
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Pretty sure any sharpen stays sharp for a decent long time unless you're a NHLer. I think I was a good 3-4 hours of skating in before I said fuck it and had them fix it and resharpen to a proper radius. Only exception is ODR, that ice fucks up skates quick!

There's nothing magical about a sharpening person. It ain't Hattori Hanzo lol. It's pretty basic stuff. The level of edge is just dictated by your radius of choice.
    I dunno.....I sharpen mine every game typically and I'm a hack! The guy they have sharpening at the Canlan rink this year completely ruined one of my buddies blades, he had to buy new ones. I got one sharpen there out of necessity that left one skate completely different than the other. When I went back to my usual place the guy just said "wow" when he had to fix them. It isn't rocket surgery but some guys can sure fuck it up!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Depends completely on the type of steel you are using.

More premium steel is harder and will hold a sharpen longer.

I'm a "two ice time" 3/8" guy.

Page 963 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 953 962 963 964 973 ... LastLast