Quantcast
workout question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: workout question

Default workout question

what kinds of foods do u want to eat while trying to gain muscle and what ones do u want to stay away from? Also what do the proteins powders that u just have to add water do? do they speed the process up any faster? What kind of home excersise works the peck muscle thanx

My Ride
    X5

If you want to gain muscle you are going to have to start eating quite alot. This does not mean eating everything and anything that is not nailed down. You must eat quite a bit of Protein(200 Grams?) as well as increase your overall Calorie intake. You have to cut down on foods that are fat and starchy, as well as junk food. I would say try eating 5-6 meals a day instead of just 3 square. Make your meals more balanced out( moderate breakfast, moderate snack, moderate lunch etc.) You'll also have to focus more on the big lifts( Squates, Military press, bech press etc.) to turn those extra calories into weight/muscle instead of fat.

Thats my opinion...any one else is free to correct me if im wrong or add on to it

As for home pec exercises, unless you have a bench setup or a exercise ball i can say is pushups.

Marsh

All right sounds good, so those protein shakes that u can buy in the nutriten stores is good for gaining muscle. (and would u want to have it before ur workout or after) Also does anyone know good workouts for the bowflex ones that really work the arms

My Ride
    X5

It seems alot of people drink them before or after working out...I would say go with drinking them after(makes more sense to me)

marsh has hit it right on the nose.. and if not pretty close
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Actually, you should try to get your protein before working out. There are arguments both ways but personally I like to have a regular protein shake before working out (with water) and then a calorie / carb dense shake after working out. NLarge2 is good for a post-workout shake. Consuming shakes with milk absorb more slowly due to the casein in the milk so these are good for the evening.

Protein itself is what rebuilds your muscles in a sense. I'm gonna give a very simple explanation here but basically you're tearing your muscles when you work them out and when they heal back together they heal stronger. Protein aids this healing process.

Although protein shakes are great for convenience, most agree that it is better to derive your protein from natural foods. For this, eat lots of eggs, tuna and chicken. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, beef, peanut butter, milk, yogurt etc. can also be useful.

Stay away from designer proteins and soy proteins. Designer proteins are expensive and soy increases estrogen production. Good protein brands that I've used are Optimum and Prolab. I like NLarge2 for post workout. Try supplementscanada.com to find cheap buckets.

Instead of messing around with bowflex and pushups, do yourself a favour and pick up a gym membership or some freeweights and a bench.

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by davidI
    Actually, you should try to get your protein before working out. There are arguments both ways but personally I like to have a regular protein shake before working out (with water) and then a calorie / carb dense shake after working out. NLarge2 is good for a post-workout shake. Consuming shakes with milk absorb more slowly due to the casein in the milk so these are good for the evening.

Protein itself is what rebuilds your muscles in a sense. I'm gonna give a very simple explanation here but basically you're tearing your muscles when you work them out and when they heal back together they heal stronger. Protein aids this healing process.

Although protein shakes are great for convenience, most agree that it is better to derive your protein from natural foods. For this, eat lots of eggs, tuna and chicken. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, beef, peanut butter, milk, yogurt etc. can also be useful.

Stay away from designer proteins and soy proteins. Designer proteins are expensive and soy increases estrogen production. Good protein brands that I've used are Optimum and Prolab. I like NLarge2 for post workout. Try supplementscanada.com to find cheap buckets.

Instead of messing around with bowflex and pushups, do yourself a favour and pick up a gym membership or some freeweights and a bench.

I agree 100%, pick up an inclineable bench, some dumbells, and a curl bar. Dumbell exercises are best for definition, and isolating muscles. Plus are easier to use around the house compared to a full bench with bar(unless you have lots of room).

alright well thanx a whole lot that really helps. if anyone has any other tips that would be good

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by pyro
    alright well thanx a whole lot that really helps. if anyone has any other tips that would be good
    what else are you looking for? There is a shit load to know so unless you're more specific I can't really help you. Read Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Encyclopedia' and you'll learn a lot. Bodybuilders refer to it as the Bible.

make sure u do legs.. don't ignore them... workin out ur legs increase ur testosterone level ie) GH = make u bigger.. so i heard...

don't ignore any mucsles.. keep it clean.. train hard.. train constantely... and it takes time.. don't think u'll get huge in lnike 4 weeks or even 4 months...

take body measurements.. then say 6 weeks later.. re-measure.. and see if ur progressing..

if u can't get a hold of the bodybuilding "bible"..

www.bodybuilding.com

go to the forums.. lots of good stuff there
    Curse you imageshack..