Quantcast
what makes the valentine radar better than anything else? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: what makes the valentine radar better than anything else?

My Ride
    Horse

Default what makes the valentine radar better than anything else?

The V1 reputation seems to be extremely positive. The price for it also backs up the reputation i suppose. What qualities does the V1 have that other radar detectors dont?

I'm planning on buying a V1 so i just wanted to hear some opinions.

thanx

It has many remote mounting options and aftermarket support.

For instance, you can get something like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Aside from testing proving that it is one of the best detcetors you can purchase...Mr. Valentine will provide software updates for the life of the unit (I think for the original owner only), when new things come out...therefore the Valentine SHOULD be the last detector you ever buy...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Horse

thanx for the input
    so it is worth the high cost?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Vanish3d
    thanx for the input
    so it is worth the high cost?

I definetly think so...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

Worth the money x 100000 , just ask ryder_23... i think he's onto his 3rd or 4th, always sells em and realizes he can't live without em. Fastest driving person i know and yet to get a ticket Try and get one of ebay, the prices aren't bad, V1 will be my next detector for sure!

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I don't have one, but would really like one. Too expensive for me at the moment though. What i like is how it shows exactly where the radar is coming from, not just a bunch of beeps and shit.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    335i

Not sure what makes it the best, but it's definately worth the cost if you are worried about tickets, especially on the highway. Time and time again, it outperforms any other radar dectector hands down. The only one i've heard about that is just as good is the Bell 8500, and they are pretty similarily priced.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    GT TDi

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    It has many remote mounting options and aftermarket support.

For instance, you can get something like this:
    where??
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

^
    Bart i'll find the link to the place that does it. They actually charge an arm n leg for it, but they do a good job.

Originally posted by A_3
    Worth the money x 100000 , just ask ryder_23... i think he's onto his 3rd or 4th, always sells em and realizes he can't live without em. Fastest driving person i know and yet to get a ticket Try and get one of ebay, the prices aren't bad, V1 will be my next detector for sure!
    Yeah, i always buy them, run into money crisis sell, then realise i want it again, and end up gettin one a month later Yes it believe its the best detector on the market, been driving with one in my car for aobut 3 years now, no tickets, and had to go threw radar traps on the way to highschool atleast once almost on a daily basis (damn rcmp), so i'ld highly recommend one. I mean, it saves you 1-2times nowadays and its paid for, so i think its a great investment

And to cyclones comment, as long as it has a good serial number, u can switch the account name over to anyone, and you can upgrade. My last one i think it only ost 98$us to upgrade to the new v1.8...which isnt bad. Sure beats having to go buy a new one

Originally posted by bart

where??
    That particular mirror is for a BMW M5

I have seen them for other applications but that's the one that came to mind.

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

what is the cost $ and where do you buy them in Calgary
    A$$

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by TomTom
    what is the cost $ and where do you buy them in Calgary
    You can't buy it locally unless its USED. Thats what sucks. You have to buy them from the manufacturer, or off ebay
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

And they Rape you on shipping....

tom they cost 400$us new for the latest model from v1 + shipping, it will probably cost you 550$us to get up here....second hand dont save you very much, just less on shipping. They hold their value fairly well....