Quantcast
Stripped Bolt/Nut - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Stripped Bolt/Nut

Default Stripped Bolt/Nut

Hey All,

I'm attempting to replace my trans filter on my '79 Scout. So of course I can't get to 2 of the bolts to remove the trans pan due to obstruction. In order to get to the last two bolts I need to remove the parking brake cable bracket that is mounted under the transmission pan. I went to remove the two nuts that hold it in place however and both of them just spin. How do I get this stupid things off so I can finish my lame job and go cruisin?

Thanks!
    Tom

My Ride
    335i

If they are completely stripped, use vicegrips. Or use a drill, but you are going to have to replace the bolt after you drill it out, since it's going to be damaged.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

I think you should put the wrenches down, and sell me your Scout real cheap

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Originally posted by Nash345
    Naw I think she's to pretty

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7b236/4x4scoutinextreme
    ahh that's what a scout is...

Sawzall works pretty good. OR Get a cut-off wheel, and attach it to a drill gun, if you don't have the proper power tool. and have at 'er. cut and grind till she gives.. good luck!

My Ride
    Mercedes 190's

haha...and make sure that there isn't a nut on the back before you go cutting and drilling!!!!

Hey! I had a friend with smaller hands work off the last two bolts. There was a bolt head on the top of the two afformentioned bolts but we couldn't figure out how in the heck your supposed to get a wrench on there. It's mashed up against the frame on the top and there are two exhaust pipes on the the side. If only the Redskins had a defense like that

When pulled the pan out there was a nice glittery layer (2 mm throughout the whole pan) of a nice silvery substance. If I had been more sober at the time I wouldn't have celebrated our finding of a silver mine. Transmission fluid is black, and there are enough metal shavings in the transmission pan to prompt the statement....sweet jesus! Hopefully a transflush will cure the problem, if not a rebuild kit or a 1/2 stick o dynomite will be required.

Thanks for all your help!

Cool Smilies

Last edited by Nash345; 07-06-2004 at 05:44 AM.

Naw I think she's to pretty

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7b236/4x4scoutinextreme
    Yeah I think u should sell it to me really cheap.

NEVER! MUAHHAAHHAHAA!

Thanks

Originally posted by pixxie2000

Yeah I think u should sell it to me really cheap.
    Try ebaymotors.com and look under International you'd be surprised how many are there for sale.

Also check out http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums and look under classifieds, all kinds of goodies.

My Ride
    1988 Dodge Omni

Hey! I had a friend with smaller hands work off the last two bolts. There was a bolt head on the top of the two afformentioned bolts but we couldn't figure out how in the heck your supposed to get a wrench on there. It's mashed up against the frame on the top and there are two exhaust pipes on the the side. If only the Redskins had a defense like that

When pulled the pan out there was a nice glittery layer (2 mm throughout the whole pan) of a nice silvery substance. If I had been more sober at the time I wouldn't have celebrated our finding of a silver mine. Transmission fluid is black, and there are enough metal shavings in the transmission pan to prompt the statement....sweet jesus! Hopefully a transflush will cure the problem, if not a rebuild kit or a 1/2 stick o dynomite will be required.

Cool Smilies

Holy fuck that sounds really bad!
    Punk....lmfao

My Ride
    1988 Dodge Omni

Cool Smilies

Holy fuck that sounds really bad!
    Punk....lmfao

My Ride
    1988 Dodge Omni

I don't know how that got posted twice!!
    Punk....lmfao