Quantcast
what size turbo, and who has it? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what size turbo, and who has it?

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

Originally posted by rage2
    Like I said, show me one that doesn't melt itself . That thing really is only good for dyno runs. It runs 6 degrees of timing. EGT's with that much ignition retard will melt pistons and valves in no time in REAL world conditions.

Anything under 17 degrees of timing (generally) will hurt a motor over time. 6 degrees will have the manifold glowing bright red by the middle of 2nd gear... by 4th chunks of exhaust valves will be entering the turbine .
    lol, yeah, i read it and he was melting sparkplugs every dyno run, hahaha.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Find me a link, I'd really like to see a 500whp 2L motor on pump gas that doesn't melt itself.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I think your injectors are only good for 400-425whp.......unless you have your fuel presure cranked up....
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
    lol, yeah, i read it and he was melting sparkplugs every dyno run, hahaha.
    Every 4th gear pull on the street spark plugs melt . I guess he's lucky that the plugs are melting first. Stop the madness from killing the rest of his motor heh.

What's funny is everybody in the thread is worshiping the guy haha. Man if someone gave me a talon they don't care about, I'll make 1000hp but it'll last 10 seconds, enough for a dyno run. But ya, you'd have to be pretty crazy/retarded to do that.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FAT tires

Like I said, show me one that doesn't melt itself . That thing really is only good for dyno runs. It runs 6 degrees of timing. EGT's with that much ignition retard will melt pistons and valves in no time in REAL world conditions.

Anything under 17 degrees of timing (generally) will hurt a motor over time. 6 degrees will have the manifold glowing bright red by the middle of 2nd gear... by 4th chunks of exhaust valves will be entering the turbine .

Thing is he claims he daily drives this car, as youve pointed out he has some insanely agressive timing for the dyno runs, but lets drop the boost by 3psi and have a more normal timing curve and i bet hes still making over 450whp on pump. take into account the crap driveline loss of an AWD and thats some 600 at the flywheel, take an average fwd drivetrain and now we have 500whp again...

and now its about time i stop internet benchracing, really i didnt want to do it, i swear...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by tsi_neal
    Thing is he claims he daily drives this car
    Yea, but he also says he never goes on boost because it melts sparkplugs. We call that a dyno queen around here.
    Originally posted by tsi_neal
    he has some insanely agressive timing for the dyno runs, but lets drop the boost by 3psi and have a more normal timing curve and i bet hes still making over 450whp on pump.
    He'll have to dial a LOT of boost back to get timing back up to the high teens without detonation. He'll be seeing 320whp, maybe 350whp if he wants to be able to drive the shit out of it reliably.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I have the 20G and I have no real issues with it spooling (when everything was working)...Yes it does spool a lot slower than say your old 16G but when spooled it hits hard man...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

cyclone which wheel did you go with? is it the regular 20G or the hybrid one from Hanh?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by rice_eater
    cyclone which wheel did you go with? is it the regular 20G or the hybrid one from Hanh?

regular one...still considering clipping it...but lets get Cyclone running right first...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Whats with dsm guys clipping wheels... all clipping is gonna do is cause you guys to spool later! And decrease the maximum output of the turbo!

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

Originally posted by legendboy
    Whats with dsm guys clipping wheels... all clipping is gonna do is cause you guys to spool later! And decrease the maximum output of the turbo!
    While were on the topic of clipping, how does that work? Do you actually 'clip' pieces from the exhaust wheel or do you grind it down? Then I assume you have to get it balanced as well? I have a friend interested in doing this to his supra.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

for me its an expiriment as I have a spare wheel for my 20G kicking around...for others I have no idea, I have read both good and bad about it so...I just have to see for myself I guess...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    is wild

Reminds me of a fellow I know that runs ATDC timing numbers...somehow his 30psi was slower then my 12psi (same turbo)
    Dyno numbers are not facts, very easy to fake numbers on a dyno.
    Asking for a streetable 500hp from 2.0L is a tad unreasonable, shoot for 350ish and you'll be driving more often and having more fun. Focus on total power under the curve verses peak power
    Last edited by m10-power; 07-06-2004 at 12:28 PM.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i wasnt talking about clipping...i just know that the 20G hybrid comes with 3 different wheel choices. Unfortunately Hanh has that info hidden on the website somewhere and i can't find it

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i wasnt talking about clipping...i just know that the 20G hybrid comes with 3 different wheel choices. Unfortunately Hanh has that info hidden on the website somewhere and i can't find it
    he wasn't talking to you .

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

haha i was like wtf

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Find me a link, I'd really like to see a 500whp 2L motor on pump gas that doesn't melt itself.
    There are a bunch of +500whp 2L mr2's out there
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride

Here are a few one is from the states the other belong so a bud of mine here in TO, I do know of many others but can't find the links.:
    http://www.driversimage.com/p7.shtml (not on pump gas though)
    http://www.extremeboost.com/Jeffrey/...tSW20/mods.htm
    A 500hp 3sgte on pump gas is not an uncommon thing in Japan as well
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That extremeboost dude was running race gas. That and he blew like 8 motors turning up the boost .

A 500whp 2.0L motor on pump gas is possible. Make the engine rev to 11,000rpm, and have cams that are optimized for 7000-11,000rpm. Nobody does it because there's cheaper ways to make power.

My Ride

That extremeboost dude was running race gas. That and he blew like 8 motors turning up the boost .

A 500whp 2.0L motor on pump gas is possible. Make the engine rev to 11,000rpm, and have cams that are optimized for 7000-11,000rpm. Nobody does it because there's cheaper ways to make power.
    i've seen 500whp figures on pump gas from Jeff's car but yeah he has had to deal with a few fried engines. I just wanted to show that it is possible and that the 3sgte is a better engine than the 944 turbo engine

Red Deer, AB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast