Quantcast
My insurance is being terminated - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: My insurance is being terminated

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Default My insurance is being terminated

Hi guys,

I received a registered letter in the mail yesterday from my insurance company stating that they are terminating my car policy because I've failed to meet their terms of payment.

It turns out that my pre-ahthorized payments have bounced about 3 times in the past 6 months, but not on consecutive months. When this happens they take a double payment out the following month and charge me a service fee.

I think this is a LOW BLOW, if they have problems with the terms of payment, then why don't they demand that I make new arrangements for payments? I could have paid cash one year at a time, or preauthorized a credit card account, or what have you.

It's pretty dirty business to be cancelling my plan without giving me this chance.

BTW, I've been with the same company for 8 years, and have never made a claim, or had a claim against me. I've never had any tickets, too.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

i had the same thing happen, it bounced twice and all my company did was make me py 3 months at a time, until it was time to renew my policy and then they made it monthly agian.

My Ride
    a wrx.

dude, when it bounced the first time u should have called them to tell them whats up and made sure it didnt happen again. its your responsibility, not theirs, to ensure that they get paid on time. think of how many late-paying customers this insurance company has. they dont have time to fuck around. of course theyre gonna give u the boot.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

they gave you 3 chances. it's your responsability to ensure that they're being paid. It's unfortunate that it came to this but you can't blame them. And 3 times in the last 6 months is really unexcusable.

My Ride
    WRX

You gotta pay to play.

hahah.

i cancel people all day.

Sometimes for stupider shit then that. you had three chances and blew it.

Your lucky they gave you 3 chances

My Ride
    GT TDi

well tyler, if i were you, find a friend with a beater and crash into him, then tell him to go see the nice doctor. then split things 50/50.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

Originally posted by bart
    well tyler, if i were you, find a friend with a beater and crash into him, then tell him to go see the nice doctor. then split things 50/50.
    and then you dont get insured through any company for the next 5 years, great idea.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Well, I called them today, and asked if I could be re-enstated if I had the payments come out of my credit card( no more bounced payment)

The customer service guy was very friendly, he took my information down, processed my outstanding $180 on my Visa, then asked me to call back on Monday. He said that there is a customary 24hr review period, then the will be able to let me know if I can continue my insurance plan with them...

....very pleasant experience....but then I gave it a second thought... hmmmm.....that @#$!er! All he did was settled my account and he made no promises! LOL

I would have paid anyways, but I have to say that he handled things like a pro.

Oh well, I guess I still have a chance when I call back on Monday ( I hope )

My Ride
    pedals

i was cancelled once for a late payment (yearly payment). it had been sent in and hadnt been processed yet, so i phoned my guy and got it sorted out in 15mins. believe me, they would rather take your money than not, so show them that you wont miss payments (go yearly or something).

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Hey guys,

One thing to consider:

The insurance companies lost a ruling about 15 years ago, when they claimed that one of their customers was not insured with them because he failed to renew before the expiry date. The customer went to court and insisted that "I didn't give you permision to cancel my insurance, and you didn't give me notice of cancelation"...

...anyways, the courts agreed with the customer, and ever since then, failure to renew on time is treated like a delinquent account...ie the insurance company has the right to cancel your policy but they have to give you notice first....fair is fair, right?

Another thing to consider, when you get behind on your telus phone bill, and they disconnect you, the first give you a disconnection notice. This disconnection notice is voided if you pay your account. Then, if 6 months later if you get behind on your telus bill, they will send you another disconnection notice....see the pattern?

My insurance company sent me a warning 6 months ago, and they are still referring back to it to justify this cancelation......in other words, thats alot like the city of Calgary giving you a 5 day notice to mow your lawn, then sending a crew out to your yard 6 months later( after you've mowed the lawn countless times)

uhh.. you missed 3 payments in 6 months.... at the point in time they cancelled you, there was still an outstanding balance with your ins. company... figure it out.. every other month, you failed to pay... you don't have any right to complain, these really is no excuse for this.. it's nobody's fault but yours...

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

I wasn't worried about them getting their money, they always do, right?

And, when you're late, there's usually a fee attached to it that would be considered loan sharking if you or I ever tried to charge it to a tenant,right?

These pricks raised our insurance rates while poor mouthing everyone, then what do they do? They anounce record profits!

I know, I know...they don't have to appologize for making a profit, right? They don't have to apoligize for taking your hard earned money, right?