Quantcast
City Wide Towing Crooked - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: City Wide Towing Crooked

Default City Wide Towing Crooked

Had a bad experience with City Wide Towing today, somehow within 20 km they managed to charge for an extra 10. So a 20km trip turns into a 30 km trip and an extra 25 bucks. Nice little racket they have going on there. I'll be reporting them to the BBB on monday, as well as informing AMA of the incident since I called them initially and they set it up. Bullshit. Anyone else have problems with City Wide?
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    NC1

Did you talk to City Wide about the discrepancy?
    Did you pay in advance by credit card for a set price and they just added the $25 later?

I've used City Wide on a few occasions and they were extremely professional in their duty. Heck, one of my regular customers tows cars for City Wide.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    lude

they are shady, just like cab drivers

Car broke down, got picked up, told city wide where it was and where to take it. Measured distance from pick up to drop off, and when the driver told me how many k there was he was out by 10k. I can understand anything under 5, but he must have either driven in a bunch of circles or the meter in his truck is crooked. Either way, had no choice but to pay and I will contact City Wide about this on Monday, but I'm sure they'll just tell me to FO.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    95 TSi AWD, 05 300C

bah...I'd at least talk to them before you go around bad-mouthing them...at least give them the oportunity to fix what they've done wrong...if they do tell you to FO then definatly flame away :P

My Ride
    996 911 Turbo

Default Re: City Wide Towing Crooked

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    as well as informing AMA of the incident since I called them initially and they set it up.
    Dosn't AMA pay for the tow??

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

they do suck. i had an accident, and to tow my car less than 2 kms they still chared me the flat rate. I cant remember weather it cost me 140 or 160ish but either way that's pretty steep for a 2km trip. When i asked why so much the guy said he was charging me the fee to come there, plus the flat rate, plus the accident clean-up fee which he didnt even do, rather the firemen did. i was too concerned with my smashed up vehicle to follow up on it and just paid the guy and called it a night

Default Re: Re: City Wide Towing Crooked

Originally posted by redec
    bah...I'd at least talk to them before you go around bad-mouthing them...at least give them the oportunity to fix what they've done wrong...if they do tell you to FO then definatly flame away :P
    Well then, I supposed if the manager solved my problem by giving me my money back then theres no problem right? What about the next guy that comes along? Do you think they will change because of one complaint? What if the next guy doesnt have the ability to measure the distance like I did and just has to trust the truck/driver? Do you think they'll be honest next time? Really, are you that niave?

The point is that this should NEVER have happened in the first place. The fact that I now have to take time out of my day to fix this shit is BS and is no way to run a business, so regardless of what they say or do to make it better they deserve a kick in the ass.

Originally posted by maximus

Dosn't AMA pay for the tow??
    My plan only covers the first 5 km.

My Ride
    pedals

city wide is anoying. when i smashed up my car in kananaskis (rally) i set up an appointment at 9:00 to get the car out so i could get my ass home decently. so i get there at 9 with the trailer and truck, and sit and sit and sit and sit and at 11:30 he shows up. i wasnt too impressed. then 3 hours and $460 later, i had the car on the trailer and began the 4.5 hour drive home . this was a whole bunch of little stuff that happened too (like the dude destroying my car getting it out of the ditch). i left very unimpressed.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

They bent my tie rod on my AMG from towing. I tried, and they basically said prove it. Nothing was done about it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

My car broke down at Chinook Centre and they towed it back to Forest Lawn and they had such a hard time trying to figure out how to toe the car cuz my car was lowered...so they couldnt get a good position to slide those things under...

And then while we got into downtown....some driver behind us pulled up beside us and told the tow guy my front spoiler was like scraping against the ground the whole time...but the guy didnt say sorry or anything like nothing happened...my front spoiler was all cracked and shit too

Cost me $82 I think..so if ur car is lowered and u decide to call City Wide lol.make sure they bring a flatbed
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My old buddies civic had brake problems and we got AMA to come tow the thing and the driver took a little to figure out how to get the arms under the car since it was lowered but we finally pushed the car up on 2x4's then he put the arms under and changed it all.

My Ride
    95 TSi AWD, 05 300C

Default Re: Re: Re: City Wide Towing Crooked

Well then, I supposed if the manager solved my problem by giving me my money back then theres no problem right? What about the next guy that comes along? Do you think they will change because of one complaint? What if the next guy doesnt have the ability to measure the distance like I did and just has to trust the truck/driver? Do you think they'll be honest next time? Really, are you that niave?
    Perhaps it was just the driver, and the company had no idea....unless you complain the company may never know there's a problem....I doubt one complaint would change anything, but if enough people complain about the same driver then something may happen....one thing's for sure: if everyone had your attitude then for sure nothing would change.

The point is that this should NEVER have happened in the first place. The fact that I now have to take time out of my day to fix this shit is BS and is no way to run a business, so regardless of what they say or do to make it better they deserve a kick in the ass.

My Ride
    '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Default Re: Re: Re: City Wide Towing Crooked

My plan only covers the first 5 km.
    Ouch, My AMA Plan through my mom's account or something like that is about 20 bucks a year and 100 KM coverage.. So if I break down anywhere in calgary, I can get towed back to Airdrie for free.

My Ride
    NC1

The other thing is, no one runs a perfect business so things like this is bound to happen. I honestly think it's the driver because I've towed with City Wide on four occasions and never had a problem. My Prelude was lowered with a body kit and the drivers I dealt with were extremely courteous. Yes this situation has inconvenience you but I highly doubt this is the normal business practice of the company.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

hey, I used to work for city wide towing and that is why I quit. The have too many guys screwing customers. I didn't agree that all police calls in the city are only allowed to go to City Wide, no matter what you saw. Its a monopoly and illegal. If drivers are screwing you that is because they are getting screwed by the company.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

When my friend let them tow his prelude he secretly followed the tow truck.

This tow truck made a couple of turns he was not supposed to to make the KM's longer than it is supposed to be.

Then they dropped his car out of the dolly when the tow truck turned and the dolly tire hit the curb, making the back end of his prelude jump out of the dolly. Broken exhaust, back bumper, and curbed and dented 18" Volk GT-P's.

4 months from now they have fixed the bumber and exhaust but not the wheels.

My Ride
    Wristshots

sounds pretty shtty man be sure to report it to BBB and call tehm adn let them kno u r nto satisfied

For everyone who drives a lowered car including myself be prepared to get your shit scratched up or to pay a tiny bit more to get a flat bed to do the tow.

Everyone complains but they never want to take any responsibility.

My Ride
    Civic

Angry get the facts straight

Originally posted by tkproc
    hey, I used to work for city wide towing and that is why I quit. The have too many guys screwing customers. I didn't agree that all police calls in the city are only allowed to go to City Wide, no matter what you saw. Its a monopoly and illegal. If drivers are screwing you that is because they are getting screwed by the company.
    Having worked at City Wide for awhile I find your comments most disturbing!
    Vehicles towed by the police go to a City impound lot - there is no monopoly and they wouldn't be in business this long if it was "illegal". City Wide has an awesome reputation and the drivers are the best in the industry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast