Quantcast
What would you like Race City to change to benefit sport compacts? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like Race City to change to benefit sport compacts?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default What would you like Race City to change to benefit sport compacts?

Stuff like battery relocation / cutoff rules, car registered under parent's names, etc. I'm working on a proposal with Race city to help them with a better image towards sport compacts. Can't guarantee anything, but I would like to bring every issue you guys have to the table.

If you were at the v8less challenge event last saturday, you would know that the tech process was AWESOME as compared to friday nights. Which means they ARE willing to work with the sport compact community to get them out on the track. My 944, which is not registered under my name, was able to run without anyone raising a stink. I know the battery relocation cutoff rule was not in place either. And nobody bitched about my SLK being a convertible and setting a 13.5s cap on it.

So if you guys want something to change, post it here.
    • Allow tshirts to be worn while racing (no problems during v8less)
    • Improved system for permission to run cars not registered to drivers
    • AutoX Fees. $15 for tech, $10 for autox and/or $10 for drag. $55 for autox only too much
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

for private events the insurance is diffrent, that probably why they were a little more lean with the rules for you guys... but its good to hear there were no hassles.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

-No insurance required for track only vehicles
    -Allow tshirts to be worn while racing (no problems during v8less)
    -No Helmets required for drag if you run slower than 17 second 1/4 mile times

Thanks rage
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    That Blue Car

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    -No insurance required for track only vehicles
    -Allow tshirts to be worn while racing (no problems during v8less)
    -No Helmets required for drag if you run slower than 17 second 1/4 mile times

Thanks rage

thier insurance would NEVER allow anyone participating in any event as a driver to NOT wear a helmet, i dont know why you would not want to wear one anyways.

and no insurance is required for track only vehicles, the reason they require it on friday nights is for proof that the vehicle is street legal, since 99% of insurance companies wont cover you when you are on the track.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Gonthro
    thier insurance would NEVER allow anyone participating in any event as a driver to NOT wear a helmet, i dont know why you would not want to wear one anyways.
    Why would you say that? I have been to quite a few tracks that don't even require helmets for road course Requiring a helmet for a driver racing a car with a 70mph trap speed is just retarded
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Actually, I believe NHRA rules don't require a helmet until 13.99 or something. At mission, guys were running 14's with no helmet according to kenny. So it might be just a race city policy. I might be wrong on this one though.

Regardless, helmets is not a big deal IMO. They have them for rent there anyways.
    and no insurance is required for track only vehicles, the reason they require it on friday nights is for proof that the vehicle is street legal, since 99% of insurance companies wont cover you when you are on the track.
    When I spoke with race city reps, cars trailered in do not require insurance and are allowed to run on friday nights. Nothing to do with street legal, they just want to prove that the car is registered and insured to whoever is driving, and they know that no insurance coverage. It's a flawed system, and I found a loophole too. Numbers are assigned to DRIVERS not CARS. So if you have a permission slip to run a car, you will get a number. With that number, you can bring ANY car without permission because you've run before.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

they should have security in the parking lots so goofs in cavaliers can't become the fwd drift kings they wish they could be...

Proposal sounds good! maybe more ppl will come to Secret street instead of the damn street races!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

They do !! Its just hard to keep track !! There are so many Cavaliers

LOL

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

ya allowing people to race their cars, that are not registered to them would be HUGE, that would almost kill the street racing population.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

Well...

I think that with respect to 'kids' taking their parents car and being denied...this is just pushing them to race elsewhere. If the parents actually approve, there should be some avenue to get them at least doing it in a safer/controlled manner. So....

It should be an identical process to that of 'company' cars. The company must write a letter acknowledging the cars participation at Secret Streets. Parents should have the same ability. The only thing I would worry about is kids forging this letter. So perhaps an in-person visit by the parent (one-time) to get their kid & car combination on a list of sorts.

Oh - and a big one is 'additional' fee for Auto-Cross. This is a big time piss off. I think they should charge $15 for tech (which is a joke anyhow) -> and then $10 for drag *OR* $10 for Auto-Cross. As opposed to 'on top off'. (So still $25) Unless you want to do both. But I think it's brutal having to pay $40 to do Auto-Cross only. That's not going to draw the crowds out if you know what I mean.

As for helmets. Race City would be NUTS to let anyone on their track without one. Helmets should be mandatory on a race track. At all times IMO. Purely safety issue here, and common sense. You have to remember there are two cars going down the strip, and at any time shit can happen. People die and/or are seriously injured all the time in vehicles travelling far slower than what 'slow' cars do at Race City. I recognize that the chance is unlikely, but the more cars that make passes, the closer you get to the 'one' incident that is just waiting to occur. Now obviously you're going to find a lot more people who've never needed a helmet. So support is obviously easy to acquire for going topless. <grin> However, I think if you polled only the people who NEEDED a helmet at some point in their lives, they'd be able to give you the straight goods on this issue.

OMFG - UPS is here! Sweet...
    Last edited by Z_Fan; 07-21-2004 at 11:21 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The helmet issue sounds to me like riding a bike without leathers on a 35 degree day. You can go without, but one day you just might need it.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Originally posted by benyl
    The helmet issue sounds to me like riding a bike without leathers on a 35 degree day. You can go without, but one day you just might need it.
    of course all of the rules are pre-cautions

better safe than sorry i say
    if you really dont want to race with a helmet, i think your retarded. safety is #1 i dont know why some people would save the $5 helmet rental fee, especially if it has the chance to save your life
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Although the insurance and registration woes dont affect me...Cyclone is under my name...

the helmet thing should be optional until 13.5 or something...

and t-shirts GOD yes, let us wear those, it does get hot in those cars...and I gutted my A/C...

and if it is a track only vehicle...towed in...no insurnce should be required...I have a few friends who would race if that rule was not in place...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    2Look slk

Allow passengers on AutoX

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

what do you have to wear if you can't wear t-shirts? Full body armour?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Have you guys seen what the NHRA rules are regarding helmets? Last time I checked you didn't have to wear one unless you are faster than 14's....... The helmet rule is a Race City only rule. That goes for shorts and T-shirts aswell.

Another complaint to Race City would be the garbage in the pits. I was disgusted to see the amount of garbage by the Oval as I pulled into the pits and that is a horrible first sight for some of our guests from Edmonton. I don't care if it blew in from the dump or whatever the excuse may be. Clean it up.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    That Blue Car

it jsut has to be longs sleeves... just get a light long sleeved shirt, thats what i use for oval racing... and a 30 lap oval race is much warmer and longer than a (hopefully less than) 20 second drag run, or under a moniute for an auto-x run

also, there is not NHRA anymore (not sure if its just RCS or everywhere), it is not the IHRA

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    Well...

I think that with respect to 'kids' taking their parents car and being denied...this is just pushing them to race elsewhere. If the parents actually approve, there should be some avenue to get them at least doing it in a safer/controlled manner. So....

OMFG - UPS is here! Sweet...
    LOL, be prepared to be raped

I agree with the insurance/registration name matching issue...

I'm not 100% sure with their current policy, but atleast if your last name matchs registration/insurance you should be able to go without a permission slip, but i believe this policy is good, to prevent people with say, stolen cars, to go out and race there...

What does the Long sleeves benefit..?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by benyl
    what do you have to wear if you can't wear t-shirts? Full body armour?

long sleeved shorts and pants...plus they razzed me and gave me guff one time for sandals...you have to wear shoes...that was a while ago...I am not sure if thats the same anymore...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast