Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
    Tires F-R: 295/45 ZR18
    Exterior Dimensions & Weight
    Length × Width × Height in: 208 × 79.1 × 70.9
    Weight lb (kg): 4670 (2120)
    Performance
    Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 5.2
    Top Speed mph (km/h): n.a.
    Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): 12/16 (n.a.)

Base Price: 2004 Ford SVT F-150 Lightning - $33,035 (last update: 7/19/2004)

Fastest Truck for Under $35,000: F-150 Lightning

The SVT F-150 Lightning is a high-performance pickup truck with a supercharged V-8 engine and performance-tuned suspension.

Introduced as a 1993 model, the original SVT F-150 Lightning helped define the four hallmarks of a Special Vehicle Team product: performance, substance, exclusivity and value. Eleven years and two generations later, those same hallmarks make the 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning the best sport truck on the market. No other truck can match its combination of 380 horsepower and acceleration from zero to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds for under $35,000.

Lightning is built in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

Design and Equipment

The 2004 SVT Lightning has several distinct exterior features that set it apart from the rest of the F-150 lineup. Crystalline headlamps, clear turn signal lenses and SVT-signature round fog lamps in the vehicle’s unique front fascia project the Lightning’s attitude.

Complementing the face are unique clear taillamp lenses and a light-emitting-diode high-mounted stoplight. Lower rocker extensions, side-exit exhaust and unique 18-inch wheels and low-profile tires round out the exterior.

Inside, Lightning has a 60/40 split bench front seat. More aggressive side bolsters give better lateral support for spirited driving. Seating surfaces have Preferred Suede trim with textured Nudo leather inserts; the SVT logo is embroidered on the backrest. Other high-performance cues include SVT-signature electroluminescent gauges, brushed aluminum finish on the interior door handles and perforated-leather wrap on the steering wheel.

Powertrain and Chassis

A 5.4-liter SOHC Triton™ V-8 powers the 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning. The Triton™ V-8 is paired with an Eaton™ supercharger and water-to-air intercooler, providing 380 horsepower at 4,750 rpm and 450 foot-pounds of torque at 3,250 rpm.

Transferring the power to the wheels is a four-speed automatic transmission, strengthened with the same internals used behind Ford’s heavy-duty truck engines. Routed through an aluminum driveshaft for increased strength, power is then transformed into acceleration by a 9-inch traction-lock differential with a 3.73:1 gear ratio.

Suspension and Brakes

The 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning also benefits from performance-oriented chassis modifications. Bilstein gas-charged shocks are fitted at all four corners for their excellent control and ride characteristics. Unique suspension tuning also lowers the Lightning 2 inches in the rear and 1.5 inches in the front to improve the handling and give a more aggressive appearance.

The 12.1-inch, vented front rotors work with twin-piston calipers while the 13.1-inch, vented rear rotors are pinched by single-piston calipers. Both front and rear brake assemblies use a Lightning-exclusive pad for improved wear and heat dissipation. Four-wheel anti-lock brakes are standard.

Although it provides an American hot-rod driving experience, the SVT F-150 Lightning still retains the Built Ford Tough capabilities of the standard F-150. Accordingly, the Lightning is capable of pulling a 5,000-pound trailer or hauling nearly 1,400 pounds of payload.

rsportscars.com

I like the new look (except the hood). Very nice overall though.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I must say that is a lot more Aggresive looking than the other Lightnings...
    ...@therealarifjina...

I love the lightning and the exaust is real nice...

I like it!!

not a big fan of the rims but I like the overall look.

I have always loved Lightnings, I would really like to see the SVT and the SRT-10 go at it in person as the SRT-10 I was in on Saturday was NOT impressive at all. Nice in the corners but a tank in the straight. For having 505hp, you would really think it would move. I had WAY more fun in the SRT-4.

I agree with QuasarCav, the wheels are nothing to write home about !!

i love it...just need new wheels

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Thats looks great, same engine thats in the Ford GT as well I beleive
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Wheres the 500hp with a powercooler? I dislike the look of this truck, I'd take the last gen long before this one.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

^^^^

I agree that it isn't nearly as awsome as the concept with the supercooler but the styling of this gen. lightning is way more pimp.

My Ride
    97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Wow thats nice...love the new wheels.
    Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain. And all the children are insane.

I find the hood a bit to aggressive and im not a fan of the holes on the sides of the fenders pretty tacky. Also I find the exaust treatment is pretty ugly.

However. That aside it a hot looking truck and I really like the return to the boxy trucks. Cant wait to see the production versions of the Hummer H3T and the Ford Bronco.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

What I really like about the Lightning is its still first and foremost a truck where the SRT-10 Ram trades its "trucking abilities" for racing ones.

Trying to like the new look... I suppose it will grow on me

My Ride
    pedals

to me, its still just a truck. a less functional one at that. sure its fast in a strait line, and handles well relative to a truck, but in the end that really doesnt mean that much.

maybe im a truck-ist though, haah

amazing! the rear bumper looks massive from this angle though!

Sweet!

So let the bench racing begin... What win a 1/4 mile race, Lightning or SRT-10?
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

That's awesome, I've always liked the looks of the F-150 (and i'm not a huge truck guy). Awesome job by ford, between that and the new mustang things are lookin up for them.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    EG civic coupe for now, Frankenstien will run soon

The Lightning theme really lends itself to this new body style. I liked the old one as well. Although I'm suprized at the power output. I heard rumors that they were shooting for 500hp to blow the dodge out of the water. I guess they decided to go the more user friendly version.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Ford is competing on price, Dodge isn't. They can't blow Dodge out of the water with their budget

CRAZY!