Quantcast
With 6000cdn how fast should a civic similiar to this run? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: With 6000cdn how fast should a civic similiar to this run?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by WGR4Pussies

fo sho
    is this civic running agian?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

Originally posted by finboy

is this civic running agian?
    yeah running 10 psi on 800ML of displacement, probly beat that silly chrysler you got

My Ride
    1994 Civic Hatch

Default Re: THANX

Originally posted by b16ingp
    hey, thanx for your input.

I will probably use a crv b20 bottom end for the larger displacement, more torq. I have actually found traction bars that are made for the civic.

And I think I will use something aftermarket for the cams. How mich boost do you think I will need to go to the 11's? 15-20? psi?

Owen
    You don't want to use the B20 bottom end for a pump gas street motor on boost. Sleeves are too thin and are prone to cracking.

You don't need anything aftermarket for cams, it's a waste of 600 dollars. Over 700 WHP has been made on ITR cams, why do you feel a burning desire to spend some money on cams for a stock sleeve motor?

How much boost it would take to go 11's depends totally on the size of the turbo. An SC61 @ 9 psi is going to be moving as much air as a tiny-ass T3 60-trim would move at 15 psi.

IMHO if you have a B16 in there stick with it, it is a lot better platform to start off with than a B20. In my old moderately heavy street EG on BFG drag radials I went 12.5 @ 116 at texas raceway on a bone stock B16 motor with an SC61 @ 11 psi, hondata, a basic fuel system with stock lines and a walbro, and some good driving. Stock block, stock head, stock cams, stock intake, suspension was some coilovers and camber plates. Go buy a blockguard, throw in some 9:1 pistons and some cheap eagle rods, buy any good turbo manifold (lovefab, inline pro, full race, rev hard, SFP, any of them are fine) with a good sized turbo, get a good clutch in there and don't skimp out on the EMS and the tune. A b20 just is not worth it unless you're going to sleeve it up front.
    B16, Alaniz Head, Toda C's, Hondata

fo sho
    You have a time slip for that?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

yeah running 10 psi on 800ML of displacement, probly beat that silly chrysler you got
    it damn well better beat my dodge considering it isn't running yet.

but your car "issues" is a prime example of why you shouldn't go for the cheap turbo build, you may run fast for a little while, but then you run into headaches like nuked motors, clutches, trannies, axles, etc. if you do it right the first time, it may take a little longer and cost a little more, but your car will give you way less trouble, and make for a much more enjoyable experience.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by B18C

You have a time slip for that?

I am kinda curious too...I remember constant 17's from said Turbo Honda...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Has there ever been an 11 second pass in a civic in Alberta? I know there was that one from Edmonton that was close but he had a massive amount of money invested and was super inconsistent. Most of the civics Ive seen with a long list of supporting mods and forced induction have spent a pile of money to get nothing but problems
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    91 Civic

with 6 G's in a civic you can run 7's with no problem. you can hook it up all by yourself too.
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by CycloneAWD
    You're probably right.....Gtech though

For $6000 you can easily make your car look like an 11s performer in the 1/4.....attaining that performance is another thing. I mean if it could be done, it would have been done by now IMO.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by 1-Bar

You're probably right.....Gtech though

For $6000 you can easily make your car look like an 11s performer in the 1/4.....attaining that performance is another thing. I mean if it could be done, it would have been done by now IMO.

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

16.1 on the dying Zc with a seriously bad alignment in calgary, but thats another story, last year in bud park witha set of slicks i got a 13.87 pass, i'll see if i can find the slip home boys, hold up.

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

Originally posted by finboy

it damn well better beat my dodge considering it isn't running yet.

but your car "issues" is a prime example of why you shouldn't go for the cheap turbo build, you may run fast for a little while, but then you run into headaches like nuked motors, clutches, trannies, axles, etc. if you do it right the first time, it may take a little longer and cost a little more, but your car will give you way less trouble, and make for a much more enjoyable experience.
    engine blew on a non turbo related issue.

If you can source parts for really cheap, you would be surprized how cheap you can do some stuff. I am turbo charging my EG coupe right this moment, and my whole kit including a nice rebuilt .60/.48 T3, huge FMIC, clutch, manifold, injectors, bov and oil lines has cost me about 1900 so far. With the extra 4000 you could purchase a B18B, low comp pistons, rods, even sleeve the bitch, and purchase a couple high quality extras like a nice equal length manifold. With that kind of engine and turbo edit or Uberdata (if you go obd1) you could easily attain a daily 280+ whp setup. Then turn up the boost for some hard runs, and you could be getting 320-350 easy. I know a couple guys who are running 10 psi on their stock D16Z6's with a similar setup to mine and they are getting 210ish whp. So a nice built B18B running 12-15 psi would be easily on the 270+ area on a nice tune.
    Last edited by Expiredsoda; 07-31-2004 at 07:03 PM.
    A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip.
    - Raoul S. Duke

My Ride
    1994 Civic Hatch

Originally posted by Expiredsoda
    If you can source parts for really cheap, you would be surprized how cheap you can do some stuff. I am turbo charging my EG coupe right this moment, and my whole kit including a nice rebuilt .60/.48 T3, huge FMIC, clutch, manifold, injectors, bov and oil lines has cost me about 1900 so far. With the extra 4000 you could purchase a B18B, low comp pistons, rods, even sleeve the bitch, and purchase a couple high quality extras like a nice equal length manifold. With that kind of engine and turbo edit or Uberdata (if you go obd1) you could easily attain a daily 280+ whp setup. Then turn up the boost for some hard runs, and you could be getting 320-350 easy. I know a couple guys who are running 10 psi on their stock D16Z6's with a similar setup to mine and they are getting 210ish whp. So a nice built B18B running 12-15 psi would be easily on the 270+ area on a nice tune.
    You're talking about fully sleeved motor to run 350 WHP tops? Back in Dallas there were people regularly pushing 300-350 WHP out of stock motors with stock pistons, stock rods, stock sleeves. A good friend of mine had a teg that he daily drove at 470 WHP on pump gas, my roomie's car made 440 WHP on pump gas with a stock sleeve LS/VTEC, there was another car in town that made 370 WHP @ 9 psi on pump gas from a built GSR, where the hell are all the fast turbo hondas in Edmonton?
    B16, Alaniz Head, Toda C's, Hondata

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

16.1 on the dying Zc with a seriously bad alignment in calgary, but thats another story, last year in bud park witha set of slicks i got a 13.87 pass, i'll see if i can find the slip home boys, hold up.

Slips yet??
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Still waiting on slips man...

oh wait...did the PS2 shut off without saving??
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

hey man, i dont have a scanner and i cant take a picture of it, so I'll just bust out the slips next time I come over to visit your mom. or if i get my wdeband by friday, I'll bust out some winter tire passes at race city.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

hey man, i dont have a scanner and i cant take a picture of it, so I'll just bust out the slips next time I come over to visit your mom. or if i get my wdeband by friday, I'll bust out some winter tire passes at race city.

you took pics of all your mods...cant take a pic of a timeslip??...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

it wont show up on the pics, i guess i have a shitty camara.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

engine blew on a non turbo related issue.
    Slips please

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast