Quantcast
Alarm/remote info - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Alarm/remote info

My Ride
    01 honda prelude se

Default Alarm/remote info

interested in buying a alarm and remote starter combo, preferbly a 2 way paging system. know of anywhere that would sell and install the system at a reasonable price

thank you

My Ride
    335i

Talk to 95acc. Impressions has a good deal for the Compustar system for $499 Installed.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Talk to 95acc. Impressions has a good deal for the Compustar system for $499 Installed.
    Although that sounds good, it probably costs extra if you have Power locks, or want a flashing LED, as most Alarms dont actually come with one, it costs extra
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    CH9

That comes with all the led's ect. If you want power lock it will be extra it is everywhere. We can't charge everyone for i cause there are still alot of cars that do not have it. Now that wouldn't be fair would it?

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Also, if you drive a newer honda or any vehicle that has a chip in the key, you'll need a transponder box and an extra key. As well, light flash is usually extra along with trunk release and other parts that you may need such as relays or actuators. Those prices you see that are listed as "installed" are usually just for basic installation such as putting the unit into the vehicle (labour) and if they require extra labour, it will go up. So find out what you need and what you want in order to install this thing and then make a decision from there.

An example of this is that I sold a pair of speakers when working at future shop and basic speaker install was 40 bux. In the end, the girl ended up spending about 150 to get those things installed. Just an example of how misinformation or uninformed decisions may and will cost extra.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    CH9

Our Basic installation (auto or manual) includes Shock sensor, Lightflash, Hoodpin, Doorpins, Second ignition if needed, Everything you need. Of course it will be more if you have a chip in the key you need a module to bypass it aswell as the labour to install it. Only the new cars have the chips, Actuators relays ect are extra because like i said before not every car needs them. If we charged everyone the same price regardless of vehicle it would cost like $800 or $900 for a 2 way alarm starter.