Quantcast
Secret Street and AutoX Changes/Improvements - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Secret Street and AutoX Changes/Improvements

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Secret Street and AutoX Changes/Improvements

Well, I met with the folks at Race City today, and looks like there's some excellent news. Race City is changing their procedures a bit for Secret Street for the better! A bunch of concerns were brought up :

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=52610

and they listened and will have changes starting with the Friday Aug 6th 2004 Secret Street event.

Tech Procedure

There will now be 2 tech lines. If your car runs 13.99 or faster, you will go to the normal tech line, so existing tech procedures still occur. If your car runs 14.00 or slower, or is only running in AutoX, you will go to the new quicker "basic/autox" tech line.

In the basic/autox tech line, it'll be a fast quick walkaround of your vehicle. Quick check to ensure your tires are OK, battery is tight and you're ready to run. No hassles.

For insurance and registration, if your last name and address on your driver's license matches the insurance and registration, you will be allowed to run. You should still bring a permission slip just in case, but they WILL allow you to run and may call your parents to ensure that the permission slip is valid. No more turning away cars/drivers because names don't match, or wait 2 weeks. This will allow anyone who's cars are listed under their parent's name for occassional driver status (pretty much every asian under 25 haha).

AutoX Pricing

Basically, the price will not change for AutoX. $25 for Drag, Add $15 more (total $40) for AutoX. The reason is because the lights are expensive to run, use up a lot of power. The problem is that if the price goes down, they'll lose money and rather not run. If more cars show up, you'll get less track time. Honestly, if you've run Solo2 events before, $40 is a great deal for the amount of runs you get.

Next year, there will be changes in this area. The oval practices will not be held on Friday nights anymore, so AutoX can start earlier. If AutoX starts and ends early enough so the lights aren't turned on, then a price reduction is possible.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Sounds great

Just outa curiousity, how many people show up for drag / auto x, how many runs can i expect to get on an average night?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Great job rage2, so many people bitch but no one ever steps up and does anything about it Wicked
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

That's mostly good news. I'm not sure it's anything but the obvious. But it's good that they are willing to make the changes necessary to see it become easier to participate in. So that is good news indeed.

I still don't like the auto-x price situation.

However, I must admit that you do get to run a lot. Like basically just go go go until you can't take it anymore! You could probably quite easily get 15-20 runs per night. Not many people have been participating really. Like 10 cars maybe last couple times I was there. So in that scenario, you do get a lot of running time on the Auto-X. Far more than at a Solo 2 event. No comparison really...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Z_Fan

However, I must admit that you do get to run a lot. Like basically just go go go until you can't take it anymore! You could probably quite easily get 15-20 runs per night. Not many people have been participating really. Like 10 cars maybe last couple times I was there. So in that scenario, you do get a lot of running time on the Auto-X. Far more than at a Solo 2 event. No comparison really...
    Yea, so they're working on changing that situation for next year. Because all the oval stuff is already booked for this year, AutoX wont start till at least 9pm, something that can't be changed.

But it's still a LOT better than Solo2 events, where you pay $40 (or $25 if you're a member) and get only 3-4 runs in.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Thank you Rage,

It is great to have a presentable, coherent and professional person looking out for our interests.

1997 SS (4.3 with spray)12.9@103mph
    1985 V8 S10 (355 with AFR heads and spray)[email protected]
    1991 Syclone #1907 (4.3 with boost)13.6@97mph
    1991 Syclone #0106 (4.3 with boost)xx@xx
    Trucks aren't quick, silly.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

bah, I still have to go in the long line up... and my car is stock!!! wonder if they know that? maybe I can sneak in the easy line up... hehehe

Thanks for the efforts rage! Glad to see someone take the initiative to make things better for everybody!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by CalgarySS
    Thank you Rage,

It is great to have a presentable, coherent and professional person looking out for our interests.

coherent and professional... yes... presentable... that is debateable... hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

My Ride
    EF ZC-T, EK-T, Blazer, EF

when will the changes be in affect?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Re: Secret Street and AutoX Changes/Improvements

Originally posted by rage2
    changes starting with the Friday Aug 6th 2004 Secret Street event.

My Ride
    EF ZC-T, EK-T, Blazer, EF

My bad i should try reading more carfully next time

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Thanks for representing for us Rage...good on you...

Also...for people who havent run yet, and don't know their E.T.'s do they get to enter the "basic/Auto X" line??...That is until the week after if they run quicker than a 13.99??
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Cyclone, I will be standing there telling them that you run high 12s... hahaha

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by benyl
    Cyclone, I will be standing there telling them that you run high 12s... hahaha

at least make it believeable...11.99's...geez Benyl

...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

nice improvement, although i like it when they tech my car, lets me know if its safe or not

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

So for 13.99 or slower will a battery cutoff be required for a reloacated one? or are they just gonna make sure the connections are safe and batt is tied down properly?

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    That's mostly good news. I'm not sure it's anything but the obvious. But it's good that they are willing to make the changes necessary to see it become easier to participate in. So that is good news indeed.

yea the one time i went i must've laid in 22 runs er so. i started running at 8 and only 4 cars including me were running the track. the later on in the night around like 10ish er so there were about 10 11 cars running it. but they were running 2 at a time which was awsome! and also that night they only charged the $20 er $25 flat rate for both autox/drag. soo i wasnt complaining =).

My Ride
    Model S

So do the sub-14 cars still have the same rules as before?

hope not, but at least theres a bit of an improvement

Sweet changes, price for entry still the same I take it??

My Ride
    something green

What about the relocated battery bullshit? Are they still going to apply drag car rules to street cars??..Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast