Quantcast
Calgary Roads attract animals? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary Roads attract animals?

My Ride
    Nothing ATM

Default Calgary Roads attract animals?

dont know what it is about the animals this year but i see a lot of them on the road...not always alive either.
    was heading to downtown just a little over an hour ago and i almost ran over 2 rabbits, saw a dying bird, and saw something dead on memorial...
    n e body else notice all the animals? or is it just my misfortune that i run into them?

My Ride
    rubbish

I see deer often and run over at least one gopher a week by my place...........but I don't think they're attracted to the road, the way I see it, dodging vehicles is a game to them to prove how big their balls are to all their other female counterparts.

I think my neck is getting redder...........

ahaahaaha juss lass night my friends were droppin me off and we were comin into scenic acres link from stoney and goin speed limit and all the sudden we see these red eyes juss run from across the road we had to swerve to not hit it ahahah it was pretty crazy the rabbit looked really small too. ahah pimping comes at young age!

My Ride
    Nothing ATM

ive seen lots of animals in the NE area...even on the intersection of 16th and 68th a dog almost got hit by a semi last week and the week before that there was like 10 or so gophers just running under cars at the red light

My Ride
    Kompressor

One morning, I drove down my street on my way to class, & I saw 2 crows eating away at this dead squirrel on the side of the road

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

what i notice alot is that when you start driving little birds always like to zoom right across the front of your car....its like they want to be hit.

stupid birds.

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

lotta coyotes lately in the NW

My Ride
    2001 Toyota Solara & 1995 Mustang GT

It seems animals are all over right now. A customer of mine was lucky enough to escape death when a moose hit her Vue, the moose got decapitated and the head went through the vehicle and out the back windown and the body went over. I have pics at work and will load a couple of them later. Luckily the moose was not full grown and she escaped with only minor injuries to her face and eyes from glass cuts.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

^ wow that sounds gruesome!
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer