1988 T-Bird Sport

Originally posted by BuknBronco
    124 whp, and you are happy with that? Dude I wouldn't bragg about that
    How much power does your bronco make??

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by T5Bird

How much power does your bronco make??
    It doesn't matter when you can pimp women in a looker like that!
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    2000 Honda Civic SI-T

Yes im happy since my car only makes 127 to the flywheel and who said i was bragging tough guy.

My Ride
    94 Golf- 600 hampster power

220hp in a 5000lb suv . And yes it is slow and will only run 17 or 18 on the 1/4 but I didnt buy it for speed , and I can still smoke lots of ricers with it.
    Last edited by BuknBronco; 08-08-2004 at 10:01 AM.

My Ride
    2012 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

yah yah yah Have Fun Smoking your ricers then Bye.....

dude guy puts up his numbers doesnt mean he is Bragging it just means he is Sharing what his car Produced...

And we are ALL happy that you Smoke Ricers WOOoppptee DO..
    ☑ Saddam Hussein ☑ Osama Bin Laden ☑ Liberal Party of Canada ☑ Long Gun Registry April 5 2012
    2011 Subaru Sti White
    SOLD/09 SRT4 Caliber Stanced out..BC Coilovers, Big turbo,DP,18x9.5 Enkie RPF01
    08 848 Ducati
    Sold/ 2010 Mini cooper S
    Sold/ Volvo S70
    Sold/ Skyline R32 RB25 swap 2 way Driftin
    Sold/ Skyline RB20
    Sold/ Jetta VR6 Stanced BBS RS
    Sold/ S/C Levin
    Sold/ AE86 JDM Coupe

My Ride
    I take the bus and nutswing JDM

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Agreed. From what I've seen the Mustang dyno's do put out lower numbers. How accurate was the weight you entered? This is where it starts to get foggy. Plus, now I don't want to start another war with this guy but the operator of that dyno has shown in the past he has some uh..... strange procedures shall we say? All I'm saying is that claiming a car is a "factory freak" because it put out higher than factory crank numbers is kind of misleading. The variables involved in building the motor in any car are WAY more controlled than the variables involved in ANY dyno run.
    I was joking about the factory freak thing, since my car is so underated from the factory..

But agreed, dyno operators can make some funky readings for better or worse..

06 F250 diesel.
    Saving up for a used shitbox to enhance my cool factor.

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

so how much horsepower does your neon make?

My Ride
    91 Civic

so how much horsepower does your turbo honda make?
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

more then your SC thunderbird

My Ride
    2000 Honda Civic SI-T

i did it in 2nd gear and i think my weight might have been 100 pounds less then wat i said. It was put in at 2700 and i think it should be no more then 2600.

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

220hp in a 5000lb suv . And yes it is slow and will only run 17 or 18 on the 1/4 but I didnt buy it for speed , and I can still smoke lots of ricers with it.
    Do you have dyno sheets for that 220hp?? Or is this an imaginary 220hp at the flywheel? Given the loss through a 4x4 driveline, i'd say you wouldn't put down a bunch more than this Honda. And like you in a 5000lb+ SUV this is one "ricer" who will no doubt smoke you.

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

Originally posted by cookbob
    i did it in 2nd gear and i think my weight might have been 100 pounds less then wat i said. It was put in at 2700 and i think it should be no more then 2600.
    Why does Dr.Lightspeed always do dyno pulls in first or second gear???

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

There is alot of confusion about dyno numbers no matter what I tell anybody the true use of a dyno is for before and after numbers there is always going to be a variance in what is real and what is not. The following excerpt is taken dirrectly from Mustangs information they provide with the Dyno. There are many variables that can come into effect from one dyno to another.

A dyno can only report the following numbers accurately

1) Roll shaft RPM/ speed
    2) Torque/Force applied to the dyno's roll shafts.

All other values are based on these 2 origional values.

In order to report engine crankshaft relative torque values , the control software must know.

1) dyno roll shaft RPM
    2) torque applied to dyno roll shaft
    3) Engine RPM

Using these 3 values the control software can calculate the torque for any gear of a test.

the formula is simple.

Applied torque = ((dyno shaft torque *dyno RPM) / Engine RPM)

The fact that the dyno uses this calculation you can see that it would not matter what gear you run the car in while testing.

The reasons I run cars in first or second gear are really quite simple seeing how it does not affect the accuracy of the test.

1) It is not as hard on the powertrain of the vehicle( less chance of scattering your motor all over my floor)

2) Using 4th gear for a test will see most cars running at speeds inexcess of 120 MPH on the dyno if for some freak reason they ever come off the dyno at that speed someone is gonna die or at least be hurt badly. ( We have all seen the videos passed around the net of dyno's gone bad). At 50 MPH although bad if a car ever came lose the odds of recovery are alot better.

3) An engine does not heat up as badly so cool down times are way shorter. Matter of fact stock vehicles have no heat issues at all in most cases.

4) By running an automatic in 1st it has no way of kicking down and ruining the test.

I am not familiar with the operation of a dynojet but from my understanding it is very important to run tests on them in a 1-1 gear ratio.

What I find quite interesting tho is it does not matter what number a guy gets after a dyno. He puts it on the net and all the "experts" either think it is high or low. Or the dyno operator is doin something wrong or or or. Sooner or later everyone will understand what a dyno is for. All the guy was doing was sharing his experiance. Also Graham no war started here just don't base your opinnions upon one video of a bunch of of guys laughin jokin and beatin on a car a bit one afternoon. That video was only about fun not a documentary.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

Originally posted by Dr. Lightspeed
    Also Graham no war started here just don't base your opinnions upon one video of a bunch of of guys laughin jokin and beatin on a car a bit one afternoon. That video was only about fun not a documentary.
    No worries. I wasnt implying you were "fudging" the numbers by manipulating the dyno. From the guys I've delt with here in town which is only a few I'm not sure any of them would be willing to do that kind of thing.

I was giving you a bit of a ribbing based on the flack you took over that one video. I should have added this little smiley to make it clear

The dyno as a device is just very inconsistant. Whether it be machine to machine, day to day, operator to operator etc.

It would have been real easy to come in here and say "124 rwhp that's terrible" Because yes we all know it's not a ton of power. But the guy came in here with no real ego, and just posted what his car did, which given what his car has and is was an OK number. So get off the guy's back. If he comes in here and says "Hey bitches my car layed down an unreal 124 rwhp ya'll better recognize" Then we can give him hard time.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    94 Golf- 600 hampster power

well im ready to put my money where my mouth is, bring it to race city, im there every friday

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

well im ready to put my money where my mouth is, bring it to race city, im there every friday
    sure. I'll be up to bring out my rice machine hatchback

^^ Can you STAND the humiliation from an OJ wannabe?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

I smells a challenge...Billy Bob, git the lawn chairs we's gun have us an ole fashioned drag race...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

i think i'll bring mine out too

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by boi-alien

i think i'll bring mine out too

shall we make it 3 hatchbacks?
    Travel