Quantcast
Bell is ripping me off - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bell is ripping me off

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Default Bell is ripping me off

For about the last year, I've been having a ton of problems with Bell Expressvu. They botched a replacement last year which led to a ton of reception problems and required another person to come out and fix his damage. Even after that, reception was never great and since last week I haven't been able to get ANY signal. No tv. That was the boiling point and I finally decided to cancel my account with Bell. The catch is that they can only cancel with 30 days notice. I'm going to assume this is standard procedure amongst most service type companies but this is ridiculous. They want $50 for a month of tv that I won't (because I can't) watch.

My Ride
    X5

Damn bell, GO with Shaw

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

As much as I hate Bell ExpressVu and the CRTC, I've had zero issues with my subscription. Any changes I make to my account goes through without a hitch, and their CSR's are pretty useful (except when asking about HDTV PVR stuff heh). Even when I upgraded receivers, it was all done within 4 hours.

The 30 day thing applies when I change to a different package, or get a specific package for a month. Well, adding a package is instant, removing it takes 30 days so I have to pay for at least 1 month of the service. Not sure about disconnecting service though.
    Originally posted by Marsh
    Damn bell, GO with Shaw
    haha, Shaw's set top boxes user interfaces sucks the big one. I'd never go Shaw for TV.

I just wish we can legally get US stuff. If you've ever used a Tivo, especially the DirecTivo, you'd never go back to any of the crap that's out there from the Canadian providers.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    TYPE L

yup same thing happen to me, they botched an install and i was missing channels that i was paying for. i called and bitched every couple weeks, but they assured me that someone would call me to fix the problem or make arrangements to get the problem fixed. Of course no one called, and no one came to fix my satellite. so they said they would give me a few months of free programming. this process went on for more than 6 months, so i did not complain cuz i wasnt paying for what i was watching. Finally after getting the names of 3 managers and 5 reps, i could hunt down the same ppl that assured me they would have something done. Eventually an installer was sent over and fixed the problem.

After the whole ordeal i cant believe what i had to go through, i had talked to so many diff customer service reps, and managers. i had to explain what was wrong every single time, even though they had all the notes on their computer. Complete bullshit with bell, if it wasnt for all the free programming i would have cancelled long ago.

end rant.

lol...i know where u can get the illegal directv :P
    my dad's got one of those dishes and receivers he never uses, coz it sucks...only time i ever used it was when shrek was new and i TRIED to watch that...every 5-10 mins it would freeze for about 5 minutes, then go back to where its supposed to be...still havent seen the WHOLE movie lol
    wanna buy a satellite? lol j/k

Yeah too bad there's no way to test DirecTV at the moment. The only card that was hacked (HU Card) was taken out of the stream on April 15th.

meh...i find satellite an extreme waste of money and time anyways...lets pay for what, 600 channels, and 300 of them are showing only 10 different shows...really defeats the purpose of channel surfing because u have to surf through like 30 channels just to see what else is on other than american idol lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by FoRn420
    meh...i find satellite an extreme waste of money and time anyways...lets pay for what, 600 channels, and 300 of them are showing only 10 different shows...really defeats the purpose of channel surfing because u have to surf through like 30 channels just to see what else is on other than american idol lol
    And that's why god invented Tivo.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

^^^^

rage2, I'm gonna guess that you're talking about the US programming and not the Tivo itself because I know Bell has a PVR model. I'll assume that you got to play around with the Tivo during some time in the states. Personally, I'm praying for the day we get ESPN, HBO, and Comedy Central up here.

My Ride
    1988 silver CRX

yo J just go with shaw they have to be the best cable company i have ever seen. Always fast, reliable, effecient and tech support is open 24/7. And they have awsome packages if you buy the digital cable box.
    Homer:YVAN EHT NIOJ, gotta dig that carzy corus.
    Lisa: But wat does it mean?
    Homer: It doesnt mean anything, just like RAMALAMA DING DONG or GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by no_joke
    ^^^^

rage2, I'm gonna guess that you're talking about the US programming and not the Tivo itself because I know Bell has a PVR model. I'll assume that you got to play around with the Tivo during some time in the states. Personally, I'm praying for the day we get ESPN, HBO, and Comedy Central up here.
    I call all PVR's Tivo's. It's a buzzword.

Originally posted by rage2
    haha, Shaw's set top boxes user interfaces sucks the big one. I'd never go Shaw for TV.
    ---

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by kenny

hahahaha, you clever bastard
    Travel

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Shaw improved, Bell didn't. Go figure lol.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by crx62
    yo J just go with shaw they have to be the best cable company i have ever seen. Always fast, reliable, effecient and tech support is open 24/7. And they have awsome packages if you buy the digital cable box.
    Right, cause tht's why my cable goes on a fuzzy whiteout at least 4 times a week...and it isnt just my house, all my neighbours, even my grandparents living 2 blocks away...the whole neighborhood's cable goes out for upto 3 hours at a time... to shaw. I miss our satelite

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by no_joke

Personally, I'm praying for the day we get ESPN, HBO, and Comedy Central up here.
    Some people already have that up here!!!!

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Well, legally...
    I tend to play it on the safe side when it comes to that kind of satellite.

Anyways, here's an update since someone decided to revive the thread... I called one final time to try to get them to disconnect it before the 30 days were up (by the way, this happened over a month ago) and I was on hold for the longest time when I was disconnected (accidentally? no likely). This was the last straw and I resigned to the fact that they weren't getting one more cent from us no matter how many notices they sent. Well, we got the bill asking for one more month's service and then a couple days later another bill came which had zero charges and showed a cancellation from when we initially asked for it. So, moderate kudos to Bell for forgoing the 30 day disconnect policy this time.