Quantcast
"registered owner" - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: "registered owner"

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Default "registered owner"

For all you speeders who got caught before, what does pleading "registered owner" mean? How can you plead registered owner when you've been pulled over and given a speeding ticket by an officer who copied your drivers license #? Unless you claim that he wrote down the wrong name and #...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

An example of Registered owner tickets is Multinova. Just pay the fine and it's not on your record.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

But I've heard of people who got a ticket (fine + demerit points)from an officer pulling them over (clocked by radar) and then taking it to court and pleading to "registered owner" and got away with just the fine and no demerit points. Anyone have this similiar experience and know under what circumstences can you plead registered owner and when you cannot?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Depends on your existing record. If the speeding ticket isn't that huge, chances are you can do it yourself. I always get Pointts to do it cuz I'm a lazy bastard.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I got a ticket a couple years ago, was pulled over by a cop with a laser gun. I took it to court, told the public lawyer that i would plead registered owner. The judge agreed and i just paid the fine. If you think about it, the chances of the judge going against your decision are pretty slim, the govenment can either take your $200 or spend $2000 arguing against your plea.

I always thought it was called registered donor

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

hmm... so, instead of going through all the hassle, the government would settle with the cash and no demerits??? Interesting... This further enforces the theory that speeding tickets do indeed ONLY generate revenue for the government and doesn't do much to make better drivers out of us since no demerits = no insurance hike, just a small fine like a little spank on the butt... registered donor eh? Haha! I think it's true too!

Originally posted by sml
    hmm... so, instead of going through all the hassle, the government would settle with the cash and no demerits??? !
    That's just my thoughts, I wouldn't see the Government basically losing money on small speeding tickets. If you do have a long record of speeding and reckless driving, than there is a chance that they would deny your plea.

My Ride
    BMW E70

After an accident a few months ago I was charged with undue care and attention. I fought it myself and got the ticket reduced to following too close, and charged as the registered owner

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

I just faxed in my ticket to POINTTS today... you know... for that dumb-ass u-turn ticket I got... depends on what they say and charge to fight it for me... if it's a little much... I'm just going to re-schedual my court date and then plead reg. owner.... unless I can plead reg. owner BEFORE my court date...

Cheers!

Peter

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Im Going down Tomorrow (Thursday) to get a Couple minor Tickets Sorted out, i'll let you know how it goes.....Ive pleaded Registered owner before, Worked every time, Reduced Fine and No demerits
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Hey, what if you're NOT the registered owner of the vehicle that you were operating when you got caught? Can you still plead registered owner or does the REAL registered owner have to go plead registered owner???

Originally posted by sml
    Hey, what if you're NOT the registered owner of the vehicle that you were operating when you got caught? Can you still plead registered owner or does the REAL registered owner have to go plead registered owner???
    I wouldn't think it would matter, it your name that's on the ticket.

My Ride

Originally posted by James
    Im Going down Tomorrow (Thursday) to get a Couple minor Tickets Sorted out, i'll let you know how it goes.....Ive pleaded Registered owner before, Worked every time, Reduced Fine and No demerits
    Ummm yeah i slept in, have to go tomorrow:tongue:
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

LOL -- damnit... I wanna know "the-details"...

Let us know James... don't let all of us over here at beyond down! LOL

Cheers!

Peter

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Bump

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by sml
    ... This further enforces the theory that speeding tickets do indeed ONLY generate revenue for the government and doesn't do much to make better drivers out of us since no demerits = no insurance hike, just a small fine like a little spank on the butt... registered donor eh? Haha! I think it's true too!
    i disagree. sure u can just pay the fine and not have the conviction but wouldn't u rather be able to save whatever money u saved from paying the fine and/or paying a lawyer to do it for u? i think it makes people drive slower because it would sure as hell cut down on the hassle. the money u spend paying a fine and/or pointts, u coulda spent on playing a few more games of initial d at the cove and whatnot
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I just paid $800 in outstanding fines for 2002 (had to renew my registration). That's from pointts "fixes" and multinovas in odd areas. $800 is a good price to pay to "enjoy" driving for a whole year IMO.

BTW - My record is spotless. Thanks Pointts!

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2
    . $800 is a good price to pay to "enjoy" driving for a whole year IMO.
    haha, Not bad at all ...I payed about $1000 last year to "Enjoy" Driving