Quantcast
choked at fido!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: choked at fido!!

My Ride
    04 CL9

Default choked at fido!!

A couple months ago I switched from telus to fido, when I did, I chose the sony ericsson t237. I had wanted a camera phone, but at the time fido had a promotion that if you bought one of 3 selected phones (the t237 was one of them), that you could send away for an sony ericsson attachable camera free of charge from fido.
    I bought and activated the phone on may 22 and sent in the form for the camera a couple days later, it had said on the form to wait 30 days to recieve my camera. so about a month and a half later (july 30) I called fido, inquiring about when I could expect my camera, they said that they had never recieved my form, but that they would input it into the computer and that I should recieve my camera in another 30 days.

Anyways, I just called fido yesterday, just to make sure they had indeed sent the camera, as it was aproaching 30 days and still no package. the guy I talked to said that they had ran out of cameras and weren't getting any more, so I would not be getting a camera after all, he went on to tell me that they had ran out in june. the guy said that if I wanted a camera that I could go to a fido store and purchase one. so evidently when I called them in july they just lied to me. Not only that but I remeber seeing a couple weeks ago the same promotion still being in effect.

I just wanted to let everyone know my disappointment in fido, and to let others know that they too will most likely not be recieving their cameras if they had been apart of that deal.
    Last edited by alpha; 08-10-2004 at 07:56 PM.
    Originally posted by Mar
    If I made a thread for every douchebag I wanted to set on fire in traffic, I could run an entire forum by myself.

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

i would call and complain to someone higher up....get a huge rebate on your future bills..

My Ride
    pedals

sounds like you got a guy who was a dick. i would definetely phone again, try again to get a camera, and if it again doesnt work, talk to a manager.

My Ride
    91 Civic

bitch and ye shall receive
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride
    E36///M3

When I bought the first Sony Ericsson they made, I asked if it had voice activation, and if there would be any face plates coming in. They said yes its voice activated, and the face plates are coming in a week.
    You guessed it, it didn’t have voice activation, and the face plates could not be changed.
    Introduce your heart to your throat.

My Ride
    00 BORA

I also have a t237 its not a bad phone for 25 bucks and so far i havent had any problems with the service, thanx for the headsup.

My Ride
    2004 BMW 745Li,2003 Acura MDX,1998 BMW 325IS

Man, it doesnt even matter. Cause the CAMERA SUCKS ASS BIG TIME!!!
    I have used it and its pretty much useless!!

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

Originally posted by turbo_equiped
    Man, it doesnt even matter. Cause the CAMERA SUCKS ASS BIG TIME!!!
    I have used it and its pretty much useless!!
    Its the principal.... if you were offered it you should get it........

Just keep bitching there give you sometihng... maybe give you a discount on your plan for a couple of months

My Ride
    2006 Black Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Toms-Celica
    bitch and ye shall receive
    holla at that, i bitched rogers ass off and got my phone off contract, same principal, bitch and they'll compensate you.

My Ride
    Acura 1.7 EL

You should contact Fido Customer Relations and bitch until you get your phone. 1-888-259-3436 and ask for a French dude named Christian. He's very helpful and probably will give you what you want. I am with Fido for more than 5 years now and I was not happy with this crappy phone and I told them that I was going to cancel my service and go elsewhere if I wasn't giving a more up to date phone. So he send me through mail a brand new Motorola V60i at no charge within a couple of weeks after talking to him. I know it's still crappy but the point is I bitch until I get what I want. So call them up and good luck!

So any luck with the complaining?

My Ride
    04 CL9

*sigh*
    no, I just talked to someone there, and they said that that promotion was "while supplies last" so since they are out, I get nothing, and they said they will not compensate me in any way. because they are covered by saying "while supplies last", they dont have to offer me anything.
    god damn fido!
    and pho, that seems odd that they would just give in like that and hand you a new phone. I'm glad that fido worked out for someone though.
    does anyone wanna sell me either a camera or the download cable??
    Originally posted by Mar
    If I made a thread for every douchebag I wanted to set on fire in traffic, I could run an entire forum by myself.

My Ride
    This and that.

^^They say that in italics everywhere. So i guess you cant do anything about it.