Quantcast
Teryaki Sauce from Edo Japan kiosks? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Teryaki Sauce from Edo Japan kiosks?

My Ride
    K20A3

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by d-UNiT
    jeff arent you niels friend?

fucking my buddy neil had this friend tellin me this story about fucking quadin up my edo

fucking i hat ethe service at edo they always say you want sumo.. and they emphasize the word.. it pisses me off.. im like fuck i didnt ask for it FUCKKKKKKKKKKKk
    i dont know any neils and i dont even live in calgary.

it was before a movie so i wanted some food. i figured itd be a good time to go all out cuz id have like 2 hours to eat it.

the stupid mainlanders there didnt understand me and tried giving me triple beef instead of quadruple. it took them like 10 minutes to comprehend that i wanted 4 times the beef and sumo sized.

lam-boy Guest

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    K20A3

haha my bad jeff

it just sounded like a one time thing that someone would do that so i figured you were the same guy

and Iam-boy let it go man

christ

thread revive

My Ride
    MDX

The Teri I used to make years ago(different rest) was 4 cups brown sugar to 4L soy sauce. No corn starch needed, it thickened up when chilled.

My Ride
    Blazaah

hmm...this thread has made me crave EDO and ive never even had it LOL walked by it lots but dont kwno what to order there.

sukiyaki beef no mushrooms no veggies, extra sauce and add hot sauce

there no more excuses

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Since I started this post four years ago.. I've grown out of Edo.... it's all about Banzai now... there's on on 4th St and 5 Ave, and there's one on Macleod Trail and Southland drive I think... (it's in the shopping mall across Macleod Tr from Rona/Walmart... that place is awesome... it's higher quality, and the prices are about the same... the Superbowl.... fricken awesome.. so filling.

edo gives me diarea but i keep eating it
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by izzoblitzo
    Since I started this post four years ago.. I've grown out of Edo.... it's all about Banzai now... there's on on 4th St and 5 Ave, and there's one on Macleod Trail and Southland drive I think... (it's in the shopping mall across Macleod Tr from Rona/Walmart... that place is awesome... it's higher quality, and the prices are about the same... the Superbowl.... fricken awesome.. so filling.
    ive kinda grown out of it too, i feel like the quality had gone dowhill quite a bit, have you tried Teriyaki Experience (or whatever its called) there is one in deerfoot meadows, its excellent!... ive seen that banzai place before, is it take out or is it a restaurant?.. ill have to try it out

Originally posted by gatorade
    edo gives me diarea but i keep eating it
    son, but the worst is when you use a lot of the hot sauce and you get diarhea, chilli pepper seeds out your as FTMFL!

Originally posted by analbumcover
    sukiyaki beef no mushrooms no veggies, extra sauce and add hot sauce

there no more excuses

I order that too, but I need the broccoli. I am not a fan of the cabbage, carrots shredded stuff.

Anyhow, years ago they had this contest where you could win bottled Edo Japan Teriyaki sauce. (Then again, that was held where I lived, and it was not in Calgary at that time) But they have this special base powder that they provide the restaurants to mix with sugar, cornstarch and water. That is, if they do it the same way nowadays, but that is what I remember.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Originally posted by analbumcover

ive kinda grown out of it too, i feel like the quality had gone dowhill quite a bit, have you tried Teriyaki Experience (or whatever its called) there is one in deerfoot meadows, its excellent!... ive seen that banzai place before, is it take out or is it a restaurant?.. ill have to try it out

son, but the worst is when you use a lot of the hot sauce and you get diarhea, chilli pepper seeds out your as FTMFL!
    Teriyaki Experience is just another Edo type of restaurant... I think there's one at Market Mall if I recall correctly.

Banzai is totally different.. it's still fast food.. but the food type is totally like something you'd find when you go and dine in! it's weird.. I didnt believe it until my buddy brought me there.. the prices are on par with Edo too!

Superbowl is the best... it's a huge bowl of rice, with some shredded lettuce on the side, a whole grilled Teriyaki chicken breast, a tiny bit of kimchi (I dont know why!) and some peanut sauce on top (there's already some teriyaki sauce as well on the rice). it's a huge portion for what you pay! They also sell Sushi rolls to go! You can get a meal that comes with miso soup!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5